Still can't make up my mind, but XB1 is getting an edge again.

#1Rome218Posted 9/23/2013 11:19:31 PM
I was playing Max Payne 3 online, and with a 16 person TDM, the lag can become horrible.

Dedicated servers aren't perfect, but as opposed to someone's IP, it is amazing.

I think the biggest leap this gen that no one is talking about is dedicated servers. I am tired of P2P, and it seems XB1 will be able to handle more third party exclusives in that department. That is a huge deal IMO.
#2aiyobroPosted 9/23/2013 11:50:39 PM
The xbone wont have the edge until I get my 600 dollars back

The ps4 is just fine the way it is.
#3TurtlePowahPosted 9/24/2013 12:09:17 AM
All first party PS3 games had dedicated servers.

Not one Xbox 360 game had dedicated servers, they claimed Gear of War did but some nerds proved it was a lie.

This is what happens when you get all your information from people who pay 60$ for a pay wall without knowing the facts ^_^
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/24/2013 12:14:44 AM
TurtlePowah posted...

Not one Xbox 360 game had dedicated servers, they claimed Gear of War did but some nerds proved it was a lie.

This is what happens when you get all your information from people who pay 60$ for a pay wall without knowing the facts ^_^

Someone is really desperate if they think PS4 is going to provide more dedicated servers. Xbox One isn't just going to offer dedicated for all first parties, they are going to be offering them for third parties at little to no cost.

Dark Souls on dedicated? YES PLEASE.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/24/2013 12:17:43 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
TurtlePowah posted...

Someone is really desperate if they think PS4 is going to provide more dedicated servers. Xbox One isn't just going to offer dedicated for all first parties, they are going to be offering them for third parties at little to no cost.

Dark Souls on dedicated? YES PLEASE.

yeah dark souls was pretty horrible, I had to buy a new router just to get that game to connect to other players
---
Ron Paul 2012
#6CapwnD_Posted 9/24/2013 12:17:58 AM
TurtlePowah posted...

Come on New User... you aren't seriously trying to make New Users like yourself look as clueless and wrong as you, are you?

Xbox 360 and PS3 had about the same number of dedicated server games. You're kind of clueless if you don't know that. Google EA games, look at number of EA games on both platforms, Look for the handful of other Xbox Exclusives that used dedicated servers such as Chromehounds and Fuel of War, and do some math.

What's your total?

About the same number of games with dedicated servers for both consoles.
---
Rise Above
#7werkz_destroyzPosted 9/24/2013 2:39:08 AM
TurtlePowah posted...

shouldn't you be on the ps3 boards.
psn vs xboxlive quality no comparison
xbox live hands down....my ps3 is for.single player games...
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#8Gamer4e4Posted 9/24/2013 2:42:43 AM
Rome218 posted...
I was playing Max Payne 3 online, and with a 16 person TDM, the lag can become horrible.

Dedicated servers aren't perfect, but as opposed to someone's IP, it is amazing.

I think the biggest leap this gen that no one is talking about is dedicated servers. I am tired of P2P, and it seems XB1 will be able to handle more third party exclusives in that department. That is a huge deal IMO.

Nice but having a Spybox in your house is still a dealbreaker for me, so no.

(Yes, they 'say' you can unplug it for 'some' games but with MS, that can change overnight.)
#9pigman2003Posted 9/24/2013 2:50:09 AM
Gamer4e4 posted...
Rome218 posted...

Nice but having a Spybox in your house is still a dealbreaker for me, so no.

(Yes, they 'say' you can unplug it for 'some' games but with MS, that can change overnight.)

Oh, some idiots are still using the spybox arguments?

I thought we were past the point of idiotic arguments.
#10SoulTrapperPosted 9/24/2013 3:03:53 AM
This article about dedicated servers on each console and pc might help:

http://www.charlieintel.com/2013/08/22/everything-we-know-about-dedicated-servers-on-consoles-and-pcs-what-about-ps4/
---
PSN: El_Coon