Steam Box has huge advantage over Xbox One

#1TurtlePowahPosted 9/23/2013 11:59:05 PM
Has a thing called "Family Sharing."

It is Valve’s plan to let you fold in up to 10 friends and family members (you pick), each of whom can access a game you’ve paid for, earn their own achievements and save their own games.

^_^ isn't that awesome how come Xbox can't do something like this gosh.
#2Alienware4LifePosted 9/24/2013 12:00:49 AM
And one disadvantage, there is no market for a steambox LOL
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#3TurtlePowah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 12:02:46 AM
I'll be kinda annoyed if Steam Box actually does well because it's LITERALLY what XBox One already tried to do and were booed and shunned for xD.
#4Cowboy082288Posted 9/24/2013 12:09:16 AM
hmm thing is, so far there is no steam box. Just an announced steam OS thats based of linux. We don't even know if valve is going to make it's own hardware.

Here is an article on it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/09/23/calm-down-internet-valve-isnt-building-their-own-steam-box/

Is this guy right? Who knows, some still think valve will announce hardware on wednesday. Just have to wait and see I guess.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni
#5Pixx0Posted 9/24/2013 12:10:09 AM
Alienware4Life posted...
And one disadvantage, there is no market for a steambox LOL

Says a guy called Alienware4Life.... Ironic isn't it?
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#6METALINGUS5150Posted 9/24/2013 12:11:07 AM
People still think that the original Xbone policies were like steam?
lol
#7CapwnDPosted 9/24/2013 12:12:20 AM
Family sharing could come back to the Xbox One. Not going to sit here and wait and wait for it, but it's possible.

But one has to take one's head out of one's ass and think about what it means, and why it exists.

If you buy a disc for Xbox One, you can play it, and you can share it with your family. You can also sell it on Ebay, or trade it in to gamestop. You can't do that on Steam. That's the whole reason there was going to be family sharing on Xbox One.

As it is with Steam today, it's a real hassle to game with family, So it's about time that something is created to make PC gaming more accessible to those of us PC gamers who actually managed to procreate, or those of us who share our games with our (quote) "families" (end quote).
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 9/24/2013 12:19:32 AM
TurtlePowah posted...
I'll be kinda annoyed if Steam Box actually does well because it's LITERALLY what XBox One already tried to do and were booed and shunned for xD.

Not literally. And, that's not what MS was shunned for at all.

Steam Family Sharing boots people off in favor of the main account. Xbox Family Sharing allowed the main account to play games in the library, plus one more person from the 10 at a given time. Marc Whitten and Phil Spencer have already confirmed they plan to bring back Family Sharing for digital games.
#9singhellotakuPosted 9/24/2013 5:52:08 AM
I have family sharing on my 360, see what I do is I have this big shelf with games on it, its stored in this larger device called a house, I have a few family members who are allowed to enter/live in the house and take games off the shelf and put them in my 360 or theirs, its a fantastic program, it works for my ps3 and my snes/wii/ps2/ps1/genesis/nes/n64/gba/gb/ds/3ds/psp/vita too!
#10Bikes-Posted 9/24/2013 6:00:46 AM
TurtlePowah posted...

It's pretty much just a pre-built pc with steam installed. IRRC they said you could change the OS and what have you if you really wanted to.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265