#31Ch3wyPosted 9/24/2013 7:35:59 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Chao_Yun posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Chao_Yun posted...
@Ch3wy
What do you know?

The answer to that question depends on your personal philosophies and how literal you want to get with that question.

I could say a lot, I could say nothing. Both could be right depending on your perspective of the universe.

Why do you ask?

Because I think you can't answer the question.

But I did answer the question.

If that's your answer, so could a tarot card.

That's good to know. I'm sure one could ask the question as well.

Are you trying to prove something here? What are you going on about?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#32Thewinner14Posted 9/24/2013 7:36:32 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
Eh it will probably be way cheaper to just build a gaming pc than buy this steam box

I'm waiting to see what Wednesday brings, but it should be possible to build your own steam box: just install gladOS on it and plug it in to your big screen tv. For me the SB wouldn't replace my pc for gaming, it will compliment it. I can stream any game I want to my tv, or hop on my pc and play other genres that I wouldn't use a gamepad for.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#33avidgamer4Posted 9/24/2013 9:15:38 AM
Family sharing is probably the only reason to buy this thing. I don't know any PC gamers who want to play in 1080P/720P when they can play on their monitors at a higher resolution. And a sizable portion of PC games require a mouse like strategy and adventure games. Not to mention how you're going to stream a PC game to another room if you're playing one that already requires alot of PC resources like Crysis, GTA, Assassin's Creed, etc... in your room. Your GPU going to render two games at the same time? LOL!!!
#34AzaneAzerPosted 9/24/2013 9:18:04 AM
TurtlePowah posted...
I'll be kinda annoyed if Steam Box actually does well because it's LITERALLY what XBox One already tried to do and were booed and shunned for xD.

Except steam will do sales rather than just put ridiculous DRM on their product and charge you the same.
#35jrr18Posted 9/24/2013 9:20:07 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Chao_Yun posted...

Yeah, the Japanese government is going to track it. Please continue to digress.

Any government can. That's the whole reason they put the GPS in there.

screw driver there problem solved.
---
Molyneux-verb: to lie or grossly exaggerate
PSN jrr101
#36jrr18Posted 9/24/2013 9:21:39 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Chao_Yun posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Chao_Yun posted...

Yeah, the Japanese government is going to track it. Please continue to digress.

Any government can. That's the whole reason they put the GPS in there.

Yeah, but the US government would have a tough time with mine, and the Japanese government wouldn't care. See how that is relevant to phones? And both would be open to GPS tracking lawsuits.

They really wouldn't have a tough time with it.

Also good luck suing the government.

it happens all the time in canada and you know what? some times it works.
---
Molyneux-verb: to lie or grossly exaggerate
PSN jrr101
#37assassin10133Posted 9/24/2013 9:29:06 AM
Thewinner14 posted...
xninjagrrl posted...
Eh it will probably be way cheaper to just build a gaming pc than buy this steam box

I'm waiting to see what Wednesday brings, but it should be possible to build your own steam box: just install gladOS on it and plug it in to your big screen tv. For me the SB wouldn't replace my pc for gaming, it will compliment it. I can stream any game I want to my tv, or hop on my pc and play other genres that I wouldn't use a gamepad for.

Ya Valve was apparently looking at "licensing" companies to manufacture steamboxes so I don't know if they were looking to build their own hardware although that could change tomorrow. You bring up an interesting point on building your own, if someone can just install the OS on their current rig, how many current PC gamers would rather just install the Steam OS on their gaming rig they already have as a dual boot and just boot up with it when they want to game? If it's possible to just install the OS on any PC without having to be a "steambox" one could save themselves a couple hundred bucks while still getting the benefits. This method would actually really interest me.
#38MrImpatient35Posted 9/24/2013 10:19:23 AM
TurtlePowah posted...
I'll be kinda annoyed if Steam Box actually does well because it's LITERALLY what XBox One already tried to do and were booed and shunned for xD.

*sigh* yeah. I agree. I'd be royally aggravated if that feature gets popular, when X1 tried to do the same f'n thing.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#39Thewinner14Posted 9/24/2013 10:34:23 AM
Currently all steam games are supposed to be able to be played offline indefinitely so long as they: 1.) Have been started once and 2.) are fully updated. Unlike the XB1 which could only be offline for 23 hours and 59 minutes before it became a paperweight. Now, how this will work with gladOS and the SB is yet to be seen.

Most obviously family share will be disabled if a user is offline, on either PC or SB. If i can still stream my games from my PC to my SB while being in offline mode indefinitely then it will NOT be received as poorly as the XB1.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#40bloodlover4everPosted 9/28/2013 4:18:26 AM
So steam box is simply an upgraded console that can play all steam games and has a new dedicated controller!

This is the summary of all what Valve said...right? I don't know why it seems like there are multiple steam boxes online.!