Steam Box has huge advantage over Xbox One

#41Thewinner14Posted 9/28/2013 6:03:55 AM
It combines the openness of a pc with the plug and play ease of a console. Valve is trying to create a best of both worlds box.
---
3DS FC: 3496-9988-4201
AC:NL dream code: 4000-2184-5956
#42656stoogePosted 9/28/2013 6:29:40 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
TurtlePowah posted...
I'll be kinda annoyed if Steam Box actually does well because it's LITERALLY what XBox One already tried to do and were booed and shunned for xD.

*sigh* yeah. I agree. I'd be royally aggravated if that feature gets popular, when X1 tried to do the same f'n thing.

Why? Steam has Steam sales. Have you looked at what MS charges for games on demand? Hell, you have to be a gold subscriber to benefit from the majority of their sales.

If MS had any foresight and started giving us decent prices on digital games this gen, then maybe people would have been more accepting of their original ideas.

Valve has already proven themselves with Steam; Microsoft has not.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#43methosagainPosted 9/28/2013 7:14:27 AM
Chao_Yun posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Chao_Yun posted...

Yeah, the Japanese government is going to track it. Please continue to digress.

Any government can. That's the whole reason they put the GPS in there.

Yeah, but the US government would have a tough time with mine, and the Japanese government wouldn't care. See how that is relevant to phones? And both would be open to GPS tracking lawsuits.

While this has nothing to do with the topic, the US government nor any government for that matter would have a hard time locating anyone if they have a cellphone on them. Any GPS enabled cellphone is still going to be giving out feeder signals even if disabled that can be tracked, you have to literally power down your phone to not be tracked, and even then the first time you attempt to use it you will be flagged. This is one of the principles that our UVA's work on when targeting specific targets, if a cellphone ID is known they can locate it via GPS or triangulation. This is also how we who had boots on the grown locate many of our targets. Pretty much if your using a cellphone, if someone wants to find you they can. You do not even need fancy military tech, there are many programs one can find on the internet that do a decent job of it as well.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#44VanderZooPosted 9/28/2013 7:19:44 AM
That's a great feature, but it's only there to make up for the fact that you have no real ownership over the physical discs you buy, unlike the Xbox One.

I think most gamers, or certainly a larger proportion of gamers care more about being able to sell or trade in their games than the ability to play a game your friend owns. Because of course you can still play games your friends own on Xbone One, as well as sell and trade in your games.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#45embrandedonePosted 9/28/2013 7:36:23 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
People still think that the original Xbone policies were like steam?
lol

Adorkable how Microsoft and their faithful bring up Steam without actually realizing the differences between Steam and Xbone.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board