Can't believe some people here don't know what "exclusive" means

#1TrueBlue91Posted 9/24/2013 7:41:46 AM
If a game is available on more than one platform, it is not exclusive. How hard is it to understand this?

I can't remember the last time fanboy delusion stooped this low. Maybe when Ninty fanboys claimed Wii U sales weren't that bad? But even then, they kind of had a point when they mentioned how 3DS made a great recovery.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#2BadLuckIncPosted 9/24/2013 8:08:47 AM
Halo 1 and 2 were on PC as well as Xbox (and Combat Evolved on Xbox 360 for the remake). So we should say Halo never was an exclusive to Xbox. Also the first Gears of War wasn't only on Xbox 360 either so again, another non exclusive. Man we're losing all sorts of franchises huh =(
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#3ExempliGratiaPosted 9/24/2013 8:36:54 AM
I sure haven't seen this topic 6 times on the first page... It's good though last time I was here people were all talking about Deep Down until it was announced free to play. I guess this is the new topic to replace that?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#4AzaneAzerPosted 9/24/2013 8:40:04 AM
Halo wasnt exclusive.

PCs are going to be more cost efficient (If you know how to build them right, they already are) than consoles within this next generation if the Xbone trend keeps going, and most games even run on controllers, HDMI Cables are CHEAPER for pc than from consoles, and a lot more "universal", so at this point, there's pretty much no argument about PC vs Console, it's not even that hard to turn your PC into a "console box" if you have the correct software.

Basically, "PCs aren't real" arguments are dead at this point, people thinking you need to shell out 600+$ for a PC that can run current gen games on moderate settings at 60 FPS are insane, and don't realize how quick Graphic card prices drop off if you take the average ones instead of the insanely overpriced ones.
#5ExempliGratiaPosted 9/24/2013 8:42:49 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
Halo wasnt exclusive.

PCs are going to be more cost efficient (If you know how to build them right, they already are) than consoles within this next generation if the Xbone trend keeps going, and most games even run on controllers, HDMI Cables are CHEAPER for pc than from consoles, and a lot more "universal", so at this point, there's pretty much no argument about PC vs Console, it's not even that hard to turn your PC into a "console box" if you have the correct software.

Basically, "PCs aren't real" arguments are dead at this point, people thinking you need to shell out 600+$ for a PC that can run current gen games on moderate settings at 60 FPS are insane, and don't realize how quick Graphic card prices drop off if you take the average ones instead of the insanely overpriced ones.

The argument is still there because, people play games on consoles more than PC. A lot of people do not view the PC as a game console like they view an XBOX/PS. I don't think that will ever change.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 9/24/2013 8:46:16 AM
ExampliaGratia posted...
I sure haven't seen this topic 6 times on the first page... It's good though last time I was here people were all talking about Deep Down until it was announced free to play. I guess this is the new topic to replace that?

Well you know...trolls gonna do what they do.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7SunDevil77Posted 9/24/2013 8:47:16 AM
Dude, you really need to get over it. Let people think what they want.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8Evel138Posted 9/24/2013 8:50:38 AM(edited)
Had you described someone as "gay" or "queer" a century back, you'd have been describing them as whimsically happy or maybe a bit odd.....try it today.

Point: words only "mean" what a particular culture or community have taken them to mean....and that certainly changes.

The term "exclusive", as in the parlance of the modern gamer, has general been taken to mean not on the other system.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#9AzaneAzerPosted 9/24/2013 9:03:30 AM
But there's 4 systems in the current generation that are relevant

Xbone
PS4
Wii-u
And PC

Nintendo has taken a different path which leads to it's game library to mostly be, Literally exclusive, Zelda games? Exclusive, you don't get them on anything but the Nintendo systems

Ps4 and Xbone will share a large chunk of their library with cross-platform games.

PC has the most exclusives, having literally millions, but most games are developed for PC, because the initial products are mostly PC-prototypes that get optimized for the console system,s so development cost to make a PC Version is pretty low, especially since they don't even make hard-copies of most PC Games now, making it literally bandwidth, hosting and licensing.

Point being, Exclusive means related to 1 and only, Having something "exclusive" doesn't mean that 50% of the systems have it.
#10Evel138Posted 9/24/2013 9:10:53 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
.Point being, Exclusive means related to 1 and only, Having something "exclusive" doesn't mean that 50% of the systems have it.

That's one meaning....and while legitimate, the term "exclusive" has also been widely used (for years now) as a trigger word....fighting words. For the sake of of (juvenile) argument, basically not on the system of which you're a fanboy of tbqh.

You can cite as many standard dictionary entries as your hearts desired, but in this community, you can't change the fact that the term "exclusive" is used in this way. Thus the meaning is relative.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y