how hard will Kinect be to set up?

#1soysaucemanPosted 9/24/2013 8:54:58 AM
I will be so excited I just want to plug it in and say "on" then play Battlefield
#2RollnThunder213Posted 9/24/2013 9:05:02 AM
Yup, it just has the one connection in the back of the Xbox that it attaches to. I really hope I can do "Xbox On" for the first turn on.

Of course there'll be quite a bit of set up with cords and email addresses and passwords, but I'm still excited :)
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#3BadLuckIncPosted 9/24/2013 9:05:38 AM
Lol I'm sure pretty easy. I'll most defiantly set it up and play around with it before I actually play any game. You're right though, I can't hold off playing BF4 for toooo long! =D
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#4soysauceman(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 9:05:44 AM
RollnThunder213 posted...
Yup, it just has the one connection in the back of the Xbox that it attaches to. I really hope I can do "Xbox On" for the first turn on.

Of course there'll be quite a bit of set up with cords and email addresses and passwords, but I'm still excited :)

heh two months to go
#5cbc72Posted 9/24/2013 9:25:44 AM
The required blood sample for the DNA of all household members will be the toughest part.
---
You're doing it wrong.
http://tinyurl.com/lltosb2
#6squarex8264Posted 9/24/2013 11:50:38 AM
RollnThunder213 posted...

If it's anything like Kinect on the 360, there will be an initial setup page where after plugging your Kinect in, it will ask to make sure it has a good view of you and show you the field of view it sees. Then you probably would want to do a quick audio calibration test so it can hear you fine. After that if you don't really move it, you can plug/unplug it however you want.

At least, this is how the 360 one behaved.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#7DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/24/2013 12:08:35 PM
I highly doubt it will be like Kinect 1. It seems to be a lot more automated and requires less calibrating.

The main reason for this is because Kinect is no longer sensitive to lighting, needing to know how much light is in the room RIGHT NOW and also check your clothes for compatibility... lol.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8squarex8264Posted 9/25/2013 10:11:24 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
I highly doubt it will be like Kinect 1. It seems to be a lot more automated and requires less calibrating.

The main reason for this is because Kinect is no longer sensitive to lighting, needing to know how much light is in the room RIGHT NOW and also check your clothes for compatibility... lol.

You'll still need to calibrate the audio regardless... and I'm sure it will also need to do at least an initial scan to make sure the person has it setup somewhere where it has a good view of them. If they didn't show a screen like that, people would wonder why after plugging it in why it wasn't tracking them, when it could be it being blocked by something...
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade