is dedicated servers for cod ghosts a system seller?

#11crucialPosted 9/24/2013 3:04:38 PM
CoD:BO2 sold 200,000 on Wii U while 360 sold 13.8 million and PS3 sold 11.8 million,make you're choice.
#12Golden MavenPosted 9/24/2013 3:48:11 PM
I wish these online-centric games would get cross-platform multiplayer. Such a shame that they divide the community like this.
#13_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/24/2013 6:45:02 PM
WartPig_ posted...
so is IW buying a server from MS to be dedicated or is IW offering their own? because MS always had dedicated servers but if the devs didnt make the game server hosted it was still P2P like every PS360 game except a small few.

All x1 games will have dedicated servers
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#14Ramsus082Posted 9/24/2013 6:58:41 PM
Isn't CoD selling better on the PS4 pre-orders at the moment?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#15Bikes-Posted 9/24/2013 7:11:09 PM
Anyone that actually cared would've gone PC years ago (Albeit from my understanding Cod only gets them half the time).
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#16Foxx3kPosted 9/24/2013 7:11:39 PM
People who think that dedicated servers will fix Call of Duty are misguided. Dedicated servers won't offer much of a benefit at all.

What they will do:
* Get rid of "Host Advantage" (Or "Host Disadvantage," really!)
* Get rid of host migration

What they won't do:
* Fix hit detection
* Fix bullet curving
* Fix general "unresponsiveness" (Bullets not hitting, being killed before the enemy fires)

That all falls down the game design. If you look at Battlefield 3, which has dedicated servers, all those problems are still there. BUT, you may not notice them as much in Battlefield 3 because of the game design. Longer effective TTK, less cover, no "kill cam", etc add up to not noticing the "flaws" as much.

Ahem.

I welcome dedicated servers because they "can't hurt." But they won't fix the game. The game developers need to take some lessons in game design for that.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#17vashtrichamPosted 9/26/2013 9:19:51 AM
_Elite_Bushido_ posted...
WartPig_ posted...
so is IW buying a server from MS to be dedicated or is IW offering their own? because MS always had dedicated servers but if the devs didnt make the game server hosted it was still P2P like every PS360 game except a small few.

All x1 games will have dedicated servers

No they wont it is still up to the developer. Activision still hasnt ruled out servers for ps4. They have never said no servers just that we can not comment on it yet.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#18SilentS89Posted 9/26/2013 9:22:10 AM
segagamer posted...
BTW, I'm getting Ghosts on Wii U

Why?

I am not judging you, I am genuinely curious.
#19lilj812Posted 9/26/2013 9:47:27 AM
Call of Duty MW2 had dedicated servers and that game got hacked like no ones business.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#20darkshadowmasterPosted 9/26/2013 9:53:51 AM
Foxx3k posted...
People who think that dedicated servers will fix Call of Duty are misguided. Dedicated servers won't offer much of a benefit at all.

What they will do:
* Get rid of "Host Advantage" (Or "Host Disadvantage," really!)
* Get rid of host migration

What they won't do:
* Fix hit detection
* Fix bullet curving
* Fix general "unresponsiveness" (Bullets not hitting, being killed before the enemy fires)

That all falls down the game design. If you look at Battlefield 3, which has dedicated servers, all those problems are still there. BUT, you may not notice them as much in Battlefield 3 because of the game design. Longer effective TTK, less cover, no "kill cam", etc add up to not noticing the "flaws" as much.

Ahem.

I welcome dedicated servers because they "can't hurt." But they won't fix the game. The game developers need to take some lessons in game design for that.

While you are correct I myself am rather excited for Dedicated servers going by the incredible difference between being on one & not being on one during the time-frame that they were adding them to public matches for testing. It was like night & day for me.

If that is any indication of how the game is going to be for Ghosts then I'm actually looking forward to the next CoD again.

Also, there is no definitive answer if there will be Dedis on PS3 yet, only a simple, generic "we are looking into it".
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.