Am I the only one that's very worried about what Phil Harrison just said?

#1ValorZraykPosted 9/24/2013 12:30:16 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-on-xbox-one-we-are-winning-the-games-message-6414898

I think when you create a vision of the future, you paint the vision of the future that you are most excited about. But we got clear feedback that some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future.

So, Microsoft still thinks that the DRM-filled spybox is the way of the future. They got rid of all their anti-consumerist policies, because people aren't ready for it now, and Microsoft is just waiting for the day that people will accept the original XBO.

Xbox director Albert Penello said earlier this month that though Microsoft is sticking with a disc-based model for the Xbox One launch......

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but why did they have to specify the launch period? Are they not planning on using a disc-based model after launch?

I use to dismiss people who said that Microsoft is just waiting for people to buy their console to flip on the DRM switch, but they just said that they think the original XBO is the way of the future.
---
www.kickstarter.com/projects/13002 98569/project-phoenix-japans-indie-rpg-feat-aaa-talent
Remove the 'space' in the above link.
#2coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/24/2013 12:33:50 PM
It's Microsoft TC,you have a right to be a little worried. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to slowly bring back some of those old policies. We just have to wait and see.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#3TrickyPonyPosted 9/24/2013 12:33:57 PM
I can see them introducing a slim version of the X1 in 4 or 5 years sans optical drive. If the store releases all the games digitally I would much prefer that. Who knows maybe solid state drives will be affordable by then and the X1S will be small, compact, and whisper quiet. Do want.
#4Shik_stickPosted 9/24/2013 12:34:10 PM
We all knew they were going to bring these BS policies back after the system is in people's homes. Another reason I will never purchase a MS product, especially an Xbox One.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#5PorungaPosted 9/24/2013 12:38:13 PM
They have said in various interviews and articles that the old policies and features are likely to return in a modified form in the future. The only way I could think of to make it work and not cause another riot is to make it for digital content only, leaving disk based media the same as it is now, and only have a online requirement when the owner of a digital game has offered their game for sharing. If it is not, then a online connection is not required.
#6METALINGUS5150Posted 9/24/2013 12:38:25 PM
All right, look. The only thing that I take from these interviews is that they don't get that their policies were bad. They're still arrogant.
However, it is OVER. Discs are here to stay for the Xbox One and Offline mode is here to stay.
There will be no "some people will opt in and some won't" a system like that won't work.
It's going to be like this "Digital games MIGHT get benefits down the line and physical will be the same as it's always been"
#7LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/24/2013 12:41:43 PM
MS has been dropping hints for months that the DRM will be back TC. You have every right to be worried but you should not be surprised at all.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#8MetroidFan9999Posted 9/24/2013 12:44:27 PM
Shik_stick posted...
We all knew they were going to bring these BS policies back after the system is in people's homes. Another reason I will never purchase a MS product, especially an Xbox One.

Actually, no, there are MANY people on this board that deny this will ever happen. It's sickening, yes. But you know, fanboys and all.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#9BudWisenheimerPosted 9/24/2013 12:47:18 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
"Am I the only one that's very worried about what Phil Harrison just said?"

He basically said the same thing when he worked for Sony. He even thew their new Blu-ray under the bus and said the PS4 would probably have no disc medium. Nobody worried then either.
#10LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/24/2013 12:48:01 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
Shik_stick posted...

Actually, no, there are MANY people on this board that deny this will ever happen. It's sickening, yes. But you know, fanboys and all.

And the funny thing is is that MS is telling them it's coming back and they STILL deny it. Lol
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!