Am I the only one that's very worried about what Phil Harrison just said?

#21chrish909Posted 9/24/2013 4:16:09 PM
ValorZrayk posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-on-xbox-one-we-are-winning-the-games-message-6414898

I think when you create a vision of the future, you paint the vision of the future that you are most excited about. But we got clear feedback that some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future.

So, Microsoft still thinks that the DRM-filled spybox is the way of the future. They got rid of all their anti-consumerist policies, because people aren't ready for it now, and Microsoft is just waiting for the day that people will accept the original XBO.

Xbox director Albert Penello said earlier this month that though Microsoft is sticking with a disc-based model for the Xbox One launch......

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but why did they have to specify t6he launch period? Are they not planning on using a disc-based model after launch?

I use to dismiss people who said that Microsoft is just waiting for people to buy their console to flip on the DRM switch, but they just said that they think the original XBO is the way of the future.

there is no drm switch, clearly this is a troll topic. Your mad because its basically fact x1 lineup is better
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#22Shik_stickPosted 9/24/2013 4:31:14 PM
chrish909 posted...
ValorZrayk posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-on-xbox-one-we-are-winning-the-games-message-6414898

I think when you create a vision of the future, you paint the vision of the future that you are most excited about. But we got clear feedback that some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future.

So, Microsoft still thinks that the DRM-filled spybox is the way of the future. They got rid of all their anti-consumerist policies, because people aren't ready for it now, and Microsoft is just waiting for the day that people will accept the original XBO.

Xbox director Albert Penello said earlier this month that though Microsoft is sticking with a disc-based model for the Xbox One launch......

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but why did they have to specify t6he launch period? Are they not planning on using a disc-based model after launch?

I use to dismiss people who said that Microsoft is just waiting for people to buy their console to flip on the DRM switch, but they just said that they think the original XBO is the way of the future.

there is no drm switch, clearly this is a troll topic. Your mad because its basically fact x1 lineup is better

Wrong . Clearly you are a blind sheep following your shepard. DR3 is the only launch game that looks good.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#23khardboredPosted 9/24/2013 5:28:48 PM
Did you even read the entire article?

"I think when you create a vision of the future, you paint the vision of the future that you are most excited about," he said. "But we got clear feedback that some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future. So we changed. We took feedback from the community; we changed our plans. We think that's a good thing."
---
As I was going up the stairs I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
#24PorungaPosted 9/24/2013 5:45:05 PM
khardbored posted...
Did you even read the entire article?

"I think when you create a vision of the future, you paint the vision of the future that you are most excited about," he said. "But we got clear feedback that some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future. So we changed. We took feedback from the community; we changed our plans. We think that's a good thing."

Honestly, I find that statement a little insulting. Because the way I hear it is "We have a vision of the future, and you ignorant little cretins weren't mature and sophisticated to understand it.. so we had to take our glorious console back to the stupid ages."
#25_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/24/2013 5:49:16 PM
Don't care
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#26Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/24/2013 5:54:28 PM
lol at them thinking people can't handle the idea of a mostly digital market and that their idea is too futuristic. Guess they haven't heard of steam. They are trying to copy steam except sell the games at full price. When it comes to being scammed most people can sniff it out.

Steam is doing DRM right. MS wanted to have the same policies except the part where it's a good deal for consumers
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#27JusSumGuy88Posted 9/24/2013 5:57:44 PM
I'm not a tin foil hat kind of guy, but I believe MS will bring some of the policies they initially wanted to implement. But... I think they'll do it better this time.. Slowly... Gradually.. Ease people into the change. I think that's the way it should be done anyway. When people become further invested into the ecosystem and start to see how digital downloads or whatever can benefit them. That change won't seem so evil then. Not saying that it is or it isn't... Just saying that people will be more receptive and accepting, at that point. But as I always say... Only time shall tell.
#28dracoguardPosted 9/24/2013 6:00:24 PM
Xbox director Albert Penello said earlier this month that though Microsoft is sticking with a disc-based model for the Xbox One launch, the company plans to support trading, loaning, and reselling of digital games down the road

This part makes me think that if you want to participate in trading, loaning, and reselling that you will have no choice but to opt in to the restrictive DRM. I don't think they could have system wide DRM again without risking a massive class action lawsuit.

As far as the future I'm pretty sure games are going to go like movies where it's mostly subscription based services kind of like Netflix (basically where you just won't own a game ever and if you want to play you have to pay for the service). Of course that hinges on bandwidth not being an issue in the future. Just my two cents.
---
XBL Gamertag: Toxic Sloth
PSN ID: ToxicSloth
#29youngskillzPosted 9/24/2013 7:06:00 PM
a hacked xbone will be nice.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Exhortation, Mechanical God Creation, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Moshquito, Destinity, Neptune, Isolated.
#30zephirrainesPosted 9/24/2013 7:09:01 PM
Shik_stick posted...
chrish909 posted...
ValorZrayk posted...

Wrong . Clearly you are a blind sheep following your shepard. DR3 is the only launch game that looks good.

Wrong i like several of them. Oh wait you are a child who thinks your opinion is the only one that matters.