Am I the only one that's very worried about what Phil Harrison just said?

#51PorungaPosted 9/28/2013 12:05:33 PM
khardbored posted...
Porunga posted...
khardbored posted...
Did you even read the entire article?

"I think when you create a vision of the future, you paint the vision of the future that you are most excited about," he said. "But we got clear feedback that some of the things we were proposing were perhaps a little too far into the future. So we changed. We took feedback from the community; we changed our plans. We think that's a good thing."

Honestly, I find that statement a little insulting. Because the way I hear it is "We have a vision of the future, and you ignorant little cretins weren't mature and sophisticated to understand it.. so we had to take our glorious console back to the stupid ages."

Are you being serious? Everyone and their mother whined to no end about the features he is referring to. So they downgraded the console to appease all the complainers. I really have no idea how you took that as an insult to us.

No.. its the "gamers weren't ready" and the "our policies were too far into the future" crap that I found insulting. Like we were to immature and stupid to "get it". They should just admit that their policies were bad and no one liked them.. not that they were "too advanced" for us.
#52embrandedonePosted 10/1/2013 10:48:54 PM
DRM will be back, baby. And you will be stuck holding your Locked Box, wondering how you couldn't have seen it all coming.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#53IzecPosted 10/1/2013 11:18:36 PM
Foxx3k posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
tadmfpole posted...
mrshowtime333 posted...
Hopefully they do end up doing what they originally planned before all the nerds ruined it.

Fortunately folks like you are a tiny minority in the gaming market

I thought they were promising many great things, but it was hard for people to realize it through Microsoft's unbelievably poor communication.

No, they were bad policies.
The poor communication was just them pretending like the policies weren't bad.

Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. That's the kind of things people said who only harped on the communication and not the features. We're on the same page. Good example.

If you can't specify these good features, there were none.

The only potential good in the Xbone DRM was:

1. The family sharing plan that was never thoroughly explained by MS, and as far as we know could've been easily exploitable.

2. Steam-like sales that we already know will never happen because the Xbox Marketplace never has any of them for digital releases.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#54Golden MavenPosted 10/1/2013 11:20:08 PM
ValorZrayk posted...

Maybe I'm just being paranoid

ValorZrayk posted...
DRM-filled spybox

Maybe you have no idea what you're talking about. Just maybe.
#55FriedLemonPosted 10/2/2013 1:26:55 AM
I don't get why people think that digital only is "the future and that it's gonna happen whether you like it or not". Digital only will only happen if the consumers accept it, if the X1 has taught us anything it's that the majority of console gamers right now do not like the idea of going digital only.

When current evidence suggests that people are clearly not receptive to the idea of digital only, how can anyone say with a straight face that everything will be digital only and how digital only is "the future"?

Also like many people pointed out there are still many places selling CD/DVD and Bluray.
#56kyncaniPosted 10/2/2013 8:12:54 AM
ValorZrayk posted...
I use to dismiss people who said that Microsoft is just waiting for people to buy their console to flip on the DRM switch, but they just said that they think the original XBO is the way of the future.

They've always said they would put those features back in gradually, in pretty much every single interview since the reversals.
#57kidwgmPosted 10/2/2013 9:11:04 AM
I'm really hoping they start implementing some of those features back after a year or so of the One releasing. It will be 100% better.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
#58kidwgmPosted 10/2/2013 9:13:49 AM
FriedLemon posted...
I don't get why people think that digital only is "the future and that it's gonna happen whether you like it or not". Digital only will only happen if the consumers accept it, if the X1 has taught us anything it's that the majority of console gamers right now do not like the idea of going digital only.

When current evidence suggests that people are clearly not receptive to the idea of digital only, how can anyone say with a straight face that everything will be digital only and how digital only is "the future"?

Also like many people pointed out there are still many places selling CD/DVD and Bluray.

I can say it with a definitive straight face digital only is coming and a lot of people will be welcoming it with open arms. The only people that are not are just hanging on to this archaic disc based system.
---
GT: Kid Whimsical 3DS FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.)
#59181stCommanderPosted 10/2/2013 9:18:12 AM
Phil Harrison. There's a reason why this guy was kicked from Sony. Lol he was at E3 2006. Sony's worst E3 in history.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#60mankindismymaskPosted 10/2/2013 9:29:50 AM
He's still a Playstation guy, he's just doing its bidding in a subliminal way now ;)