Why do Sony even try with PS+?

#111MrSpaM111Posted 9/27/2013 5:56:10 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Viryu posted...
I don't think at any point has PSN ever been better than Xbox as an online service. With PS+, its a better value than what is on the 360. But you are being delusional if you think its about giving back to the fans. It was to justify paying $50 for something that is considered inferior to the competition. PSN has followed the pattern of waiting for Xbox to show them the way and then follow with an inferior imitation.

IMO, PS+ is a better value now than XBL on the 360 because its copied most of what XBL does and gives away games. But on the XB1 vs PS4 front, thats a completely different story. Giving away some games is really going to be the way to justify the lack of comprehensive dedicated server support, the lack of Cloud power (since they don't actually own much in terms of servers) and the other features that XBL is coming out with first.

Whereas XBL is delivering a better online experience, PS4 plans to make up for it with giving away games. You are kidding yourself if you think either of these companies are doing it just for the fans and not for increasing their userbase. All that talk about PS+ beating XBL yet PS+ still has far less subscribers, something Sony wants to remedy before the next generation. You are also kidding yourself if you think providing dedicated servers is easier or cheaper than giving the free games. Dedicated server support is a much more massive undertaking which requires a huge investment of capital. The only reason MS can do it is because they are rich and they deal in software anyways.

Xbot alert! Xbot alert! I hope you're enjoying having to pay for lag fiesta P2P connection on Gold, while PS3 users had online on DEDICATED SERVERS since forever. For free. Now MS suddenly discovered the existence of dedicated servers and advertises how they innovate games with them, while for Sony it's something as normal as breathing, and PS4 games will use those as well.

I think you really need to educate yourself. The PS3 has almost the same number of dedicated server games as the Xbox 360. Everyone has been asking for them. The PS3 could not even assure dedicated servers for its biggest games (uncharted 3 and Last of Us), let alone come anywhere close to what the XB1 is trying to do with dedicated.

Sorry if you thought Xbox 360 games didn't have any dedicated servers at all but even if your misinformation was truth it would still make no difference to the issues of PS4 vs XB1. Its only relevant in the minds of fanboys. Its going to be an undeniable fact. Just as PS4 is undeniably going to look better sometime in the future, XB1 is going to have much better dedicated server support. The PS3 had like 1-2% of games running on dedicated. Pretty much a joke compared to XB1.

You should really stop claiming personal opinion as fact, you have no idea whether XBO is going to have better dedicated server support or not, nobody does.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#112DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/27/2013 5:59:31 AM
1)Claiming Xbox will have more dedicated servers =/= an opinion.... learn what an opinion is.
2)Xbox won't have more dedicated servers just like PS4 won't have better graphics. We haven't seen it but you know it will happen if you have a brain. Also, CoD already started using it so... thats already a difference and CoD is a huge game. Saints Row devs are talking about using it too and they are pretty middling developers who could never afford dedicated servers.

This is pretty much a bad joke and wishful thinking that giving devs free or near free servers will not provide much more dedicated server games. Fanboy logic is always so sad.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#113blitz_0623Posted 9/27/2013 6:02:06 AM(edited)
@MrSpaM111 Not sure but I read somewhere MS is providing the dedicated servers themselves, at least for CoD Ghosts they are. However it's not been confirmed if PS4 is P2P
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#114sworderPosted 9/27/2013 6:01:33 AM
BF3 had servers. Go ask the CODers if they cared or made a difference in their purchase
#115DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/27/2013 6:13:02 AM
CoD gamers care a lot. They complain about it while playing and they complain about it on forums. They also do envy BF3 for having dedicated. However, that really has nothing to do with what game you play. No one is going to play the shooter they don't want because it has dedicated. People will want to play the version of the same game with dedicated though.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#116Ultimate_BrolyPosted 9/27/2013 6:54:48 AM
I think you really need to educate yourself. The PS3 has almost the same number of dedicated server games as the Xbox 360. Everyone has been asking for them. The PS3 could not even assure dedicated servers for its biggest games (uncharted 3 and Last of Us), let alone come anywhere close to what the XB1 is trying to do with dedicated.

Sorry if you thought Xbox 360 games didn't have any dedicated servers at all but even if your misinformation was truth it would still make no difference to the issues of PS4 vs XB1. Its only relevant in the minds of fanboys. Its going to be an undeniable fact. Just as PS4 is undeniably going to look better sometime in the future, XB1 is going to have much better dedicated server support. The PS3 had like 1-2% of games running on dedicated. Pretty much a joke compared to XB1.

I don't normally post on the Xbone forums but I do want to add to reply to what you just said. In terms with the bolded part, how come 360 didn't have dedicated servers for it's biggest game (Halo)? Host migration is not dedicated that's P2P.

Also the reason why PS+ has less subscribers is because they don't need to pay for multiplayer or any apps such as Netflix with XBL you do. Now PS4 requires PS+ for multiplayer so it should see the same if not more subs than Xbone. The only difference in XBL and PS+ as of this moment is download speeds and party chat, everything else is the same pretty much. I have both so I know. People didn't pay for PS+ for anything but the sales and the free games, so you can't really say it's a competition for PS3 and 360 because people used it for different reasons. Now with PS4 and Xbone you can compare it.

Also Sony bought Gaikai for $380 million which is the cloud? You cannot compare current gen to next gen dedicated server support. It doesn't work like that. You don't know if MS will have better dedicated server support. Sony hasn't said anything about the subject. How do you know that all the dedicated servers MS will have won't be digital?
#117DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/28/2013 7:06:12 AM
Ultimate_Broly posted...

I don't normally post on the Xbone forums but I do want to add to reply to what you just said. In terms with the bolded part, how come 360 didn't have dedicated servers for it's biggest game (Halo)? Host migration is not dedicated that's P2P.

Also the reason why PS+ has less subscribers is because they don't need to pay for multiplayer or any apps such as Netflix with XBL you do. Now PS4 requires PS+ for multiplayer so it should see the same if not more subs than Xbone. The only difference in XBL and PS+ as of this moment is download speeds and party chat, everything else is the same pretty much. I have both so I know. People didn't pay for PS+ for anything but the sales and the free games, so you can't really say it's a competition for PS3 and 360 because people used it for different reasons. Now with PS4 and Xbone you can compare it.

Also Sony bought Gaikai for $380 million which is the cloud? You cannot compare current gen to next gen dedicated server support. It doesn't work like that. You don't know if MS will have better dedicated server support. Sony hasn't said anything about the subject. How do you know that all the dedicated servers MS will have won't be digital?

Wow, talk about delusional. We already know what Gaikai is for. Its for streaming older games. And yes we DO know it will be better as in there will be much MORE dedicated server support because they are subsidizing with the cloud..

You seriously think renting servers for $380 million is the same as owning $8.6 billion in servers farms? Jesus this is the most pathetic type of delusion.
---
#118kyncaniPosted 9/28/2013 12:07:18 PM
Ultimate_Broly posted...

Wow, talk about delusional. We already know what Gaikai is for. Its for streaming older games. And yes we DO know it will be better as in there will be much MORE dedicated server support because they are subsidizing with the cloud..

You seriously think renting servers for $380 million is the same as owning $8.6 billion in servers farms? Jesus this is the most pathetic type of delusion.

A $500 box with a camera, $8.6 billion in server farms yet no one want the damn thing.

You'd think at some point they would give us games instead of server farms and television shows ?
#119DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/28/2013 7:37:11 PM
Seems like you are trying to convince yourself you made the right purchase by saying its more popular. Wat a loser... Xbox has way more invested in games than the PS4 does and thats clearly evident since Xbox One is launching with a slew of triple A titles while PS4 is trying to prop up indie games because they don't want to spend a billion dollars on exclusives.
---
#120kyncaniPosted 9/29/2013 4:04:31 AM
I could insult delirious monkeys too but that would be way too easy, completely unfair :)

Anyway, here is the list of games you get with Xbox Live :

- Rainbow Six: Vegas

The same list for EU PS+ since june 2012 (prepare yourself for some scrolling) :

- Assassin's Creed III
- Batman: Arkham City
- Battlefield 3
- Big Sky Infinity
- Bioshock 2
- Borderlands
- Bulletstorm
- Catherine
- Chime Super Deluxe
- Chronovolt
- Coconut Dodge Revitalised
- Crysis 2