Why do Sony even try with PS+?

#91DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/25/2013 8:25:18 PM(edited)
I don't think at any point has PSN ever been better than Xbox as an online service. With PS+, its a better value than what is on the 360. But you are being delusional if you think its about giving back to the fans. It was to justify paying $50 for something that is considered inferior to the competition. PSN has followed the pattern of waiting for Xbox to show them the way and then follow with an inferior imitation.

IMO, PS+ is a better value now than XBL on the 360 because its copied most of what XBL does and gives away games. But on the XB1 vs PS4 front, thats a completely different story. Giving away some games is really going to be the way to justify the lack of comprehensive dedicated server support, the lack of Cloud power (since they don't actually own much in terms of servers) and the other features that XBL is coming out with first.

Whereas XBL is delivering a better online experience, PS4 plans to make up for it with giving away games. You are kidding yourself if you think either of these companies are doing it just for the fans and not for increasing their userbase. All that talk about PS+ beating XBL yet PS+ still has far less subscribers, something Sony wants to remedy before the next generation. You are also kidding yourself if you think providing dedicated servers is easier or cheaper than giving the free games. Dedicated server support is a much more massive undertaking which requires a huge investment of capital. The only reason MS can do it is because they are rich and they deal in software anyways.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#9295_EclipsePosted 9/25/2013 8:33:44 PM
zinsindetta posted...
Any real gamer that wants to really play a game would have played it when it was released and not when it was made free. Take me for instance. Oh I really wanted to play Dragons Dogma DA. And when it was released Apr 23 I did. Not September.

So I do not care about a couple old free games because if they were worth playing I would have already.

Now Xbox Live was worth the money because it is a great service. See PSN users do not know what a good service is and Sony needs money for online so they made a pay service for PSN and threw in some free games. Why you might ask? Because without free games nobody would pay for it especially those with Xbox Live gold memberships.

What a extremely ignorant fanboy outlook lol. I'm hoping you aren't serious.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#93kyncaniPosted 9/25/2013 8:56:59 PM
El_Zaggy posted...
as a member of ps+ I find the next month pretty awesome :)

As a PS+ member, I got :

- (ps3) Far Cry 3
- (ps3) Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
- (ps3) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- (Vita) Street Fighter X Tekken
- (Vita) Touch My Katamari

Just yesterday :)

When the PS4 gets out, throw two or three PS4 games in that mix every month.

Xbox Live is a complete joke. It's like they're not even trying to make the Xbox One a game console.
#94HellsControllerPosted 9/25/2013 9:20:50 PM
kyncani posted...
El_Zaggy posted...
as a member of ps+ I find the next month pretty awesome :)

As a PS+ member, I got :

- (ps3) Far Cry 3
- (ps3) Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
- (ps3) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- (Vita) Street Fighter X Tekken
- (Vita) Touch My Katamari

Just yesterday :)

When the PS4 gets out, throw two or three PS4 games in that mix every month.

Xbox Live is a complete joke. It's like they're not even trying to make the Xbox One a game console.

Eurobros always seem to get better games. Though I did miss out on some games by buying the 3 month instead of a year earlier in January. Didn't make that mistake when I signed up for it again recently.

I'm also building up my vita library for when I eventually get one.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#95ntsoulsPosted 9/25/2013 9:28:50 PM
The f is this guy talking about?
#96GuardianShadow0Posted 9/25/2013 9:45:29 PM
I don't play online so dedicated servers don't mean **** to me. Free games on the other hand, are amazing. Easily paid for my sub for a few years. If only we got some of the Eurobros' stuff, but they usually get the short end of the stick on release dates and such anyway.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#97PoppaKroganPosted 9/25/2013 9:56:27 PM
the free games on PS+ would be a great idea, if their online system didn't download at 1MB an hour.
---
I knew we forgot someone...you.
#98Angel_XBlazePosted 9/25/2013 10:01:05 PM(edited)
I honestly don't know which is the better deal here. For gamers who enjoy playing new games to finish and never touch again, PS+ is definitely the way to go. Only issue is, all those games are rented, not downloadable titles that you actually own. Xbox Live Gold allows you to keep their free games, but so far they haven't allowed us to download any amazing games.. I guess as long as you plan on keeping your PS+, that would be the better deal, though.

I'm actually starting to wonder why Microsoft even started up this "free game" thing, when they are giving us decent games that majority of Xbox users have already bought. >_<
---
BBCS Main: Hazama Sub: Ragna
"So, as I pray...Unlimited Blade Works."
#99sworderPosted 9/25/2013 10:40:13 PM
PoppaKrogan posted...
the free games on PS+ would be a great idea, if their online system didn't download at 1MB an hour.

lol please, that s*** downloads overnight. put it in the queue and next time you turn on your ps3, everything is downloaded and installed

dedicated servers make almost no difference unless you're playing on McDonald's wifi. I can easily go from BF3 (with servers) to COD (pvp) and my game remains the same, I have nothing to complain about

gimme them awesome games instead
#100googlerPosted 9/26/2013 12:06:37 AM
zinsindetta posted...
Any real gamer that wants to really play a game would have played it when it was released and not when it was made free. Take me for instance. Oh I really wanted to play Dragons Dogma DA. And when it was released Apr 23 I did. Not September.

So I do not care about a couple old free games because if they were worth playing I would have already.

Now Xbox Live was worth the money because it is a great service. See PSN users do not know what a good service is and Sony needs money for online so they made a pay service for PSN and threw in some free games. Why you might ask? Because without free games nobody would pay for it especially those with Xbox Live gold memberships.

as someone sick to death of all the slapped-together and forced-in multiplayer on almost every game now...yes I would rather pay to receive some older games instead of 1 game (which I loved btw) had since launch and even if I didn't have R6, could buy it for less than the price of a month of live