Will the XbOne work on launch on non-Day 1 countries?

#1th3warr1orPosted 9/24/2013 3:33:07 PM
Did they change that too, or am I out of luck?

I know it was supposed to be a verification every 24hours and it could only be done for some countries, but they removed the always-online, so can I do the first-registration in any country now?
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchama al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#2True_FoeHammerPosted 9/24/2013 3:47:04 PM
Microsoft didn't remove the online check in. That's what the day 1 firmware update is for.

Why it needs to be patched in when Microsoft made hardware and software changes after that was announced, I don't know. But that's how it is.
#3th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 3:50:11 PM
Wait, I'm confused.

I thought Microsoft reversed the online check?

"An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360."

What I'm asking is if the "One-time system set up" can be done in any country.
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchama al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#4True_FoeHammerPosted 9/24/2013 3:52:04 PM
No, it can't. Xbox Live simply doesn't exist in those countries. No connection to Xbox Live, no ability to download the firmware update.
#5th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 3:54:22 PM
Well that's just great. >_<
---
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/24/2013 3:58:41 PM(edited)
Yes, it will. As long as you can connect to the internet, it will work. Multiple MS employees have confirmed this. The console and games are region free. When you set it up you can select one of the supported countries and will have access to online/Live. The only thing is that you can't purchase stuff from the marketplace unless you have a valid method of payment in the country you selected.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-15-microsoft-explains-how-xbox-one-importing-could-work
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7True_FoeHammerPosted 9/24/2013 3:58:38 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Yes, it will. As long as you can connect to the internet, it will work. Multiple MS employees have confirmed this. The console and games are region free. When you set it up you can select one of the supported countries and will have access to online/Live. The only thing is that you can't purchase stuff from the marketplace unless you have a valid method of payment in the country you selected.

How exactly are non-Day 1 countries supported on Day 1?
#8ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/24/2013 3:59:11 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...

Because the console and its games are region free...
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#9th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 3:59:44 PM

Well that won't be a problem as long as they continue offering pre-paid cards.
---
#10True_FoeHammerPosted 9/24/2013 4:00:39 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...

Because the console and its games are region free...

But if a console can't download the firmware update removing the mandatory check-in, how will you use it? Just for 23.99999 hours? Then have a brick for however many months (or years) the X1 takes to get supported in your country?