Will the XbOne work on launch on non-Day 1 countries?

#21True_FoeHammerPosted 9/24/2013 5:36:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#22BudWisenheimerPosted 9/24/2013 5:42:14 PM
Huh.
#23th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 7:36:52 PM(edited)
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Yes, it will. As long as you can connect to the internet, it will work. Multiple MS employees have confirmed this. The console and games are region free. When you set it up you can select one of the supported countries and will have access to online/Live. The only thing is that you can't purchase stuff from the marketplace unless you have a valid method of payment in the country you selected.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-15-microsoft-explains-how-xbox-one-importing-could-work

Will I be able to pick the "wrong" server (e.g., US) if my current XBL 360 Gamertag is not US?
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchama al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#24True_FoeHammerPosted 9/24/2013 8:17:37 PM
Judging by how these mega-fanboys just up and left instead of answering my question... no. No you can't.

Well, plus the fact you can't access Xbox Live if it isn't supported in your country.
#25The_NightwingPosted 9/24/2013 8:23:42 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
No, you didn't. You gave a link. No quote. Quote where in the article it said that you can download the Day 1 firmware update from anywhere on the planet on Day 1.

He can't give you something that doesn't exist.
#26th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2013 10:45:30 PM(edited)
True_FoeHammer posted...
Judging by how these mega-fanboys just up and left instead of answering my question... no. No you can't.

Well, plus the fact you can't access Xbox Live if it isn't supported in your country.

So if you bring an Xbox One to say... Japan (if you're based in Japan, for example), you're SOL?
---
Sh'ma Yisroel atem k'rovim hayom l'milchama al oyvechem al yerech levavchem al tiru al techabezu v'al tartzu mip'nehem.
#27ShadonicPosted 9/25/2013 5:34:00 AM(edited)
When the console launches this November, we will support Xbox One in 13 markets. Xbox One may be used in all countries, including the non-launched markets. In addition, Xbox One games are not region locked. Any Xbox One game purchased at retail can be used in any country on any Xbox One," said Microsoft in a statement.

"That said, there needs to be a valid payment method corresponding to a supported launch country in order for any transactions to occur over Xbox Live, and some content may not be accessible outside launch markets due to geographic content restrictions imposed by content right holders."

From what I understand of that, it will work outside of non supported countries, but you will have to connect to a supported regions Xbox live network, and will be unable to use Xbox live purchases unless you have a currency that region accepts / uses, you will also find that media such as films / music will be restricted as there are licensing issues with moving it acrost borders (whereas xbox games are self licensed).

so if you buy an xbox one, and you buy a game, you will be able to activate it all and play it in a non supported country, but you won't be buying anything online until it's supported, and this may potentially mean having to register a new GT in a supported regions network until it's released in your own area.

Typical microsoft being vague as usual.
#28ShadonicPosted 9/25/2013 5:36:55 AM
and to further emphasise the above:

"•Xbox Live requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), ===a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region. ===Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features."

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

you need an account in that region, but you aren't going to be I.P blocked from making accounts in other regions, I've made U.S Accounts on my UK box before already, that's all it is.
---
Gah! My 0's fallen off! has anyone seen it?
#29jenekiPosted 9/25/2013 8:26:41 AM(edited)
As with every console launch in gaming history, there will be no shortage of people importing their console. If there are any day 1 issues, we will hear about them day 1.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#30th3warr1or(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 5:39:17 AM
jeneki posted...
As with every console launch in gaming history, there will be no shortage of people importing their console. If there are any day 1 issues, we will hear about them day 1.

Sounds about right.
---