Long load times/ texture pop-in/ reduced frame rate, etc.

#1KryingKetchupPosted 9/24/2013 10:33:22 PM
Will these become extinct?
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 9/24/2013 10:34:04 PM
Probably on the PS4.
Xbone not so sure.
#3Decimator11Posted 9/24/2013 10:36:38 PM(edited)
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Probably on the PS4.
Xbone not so sure.

Take a look at Dead Rising 3's locked (although it took a while) frame rate, its zero loading times, then remember that it's a launch title, and come back.
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#4nmaharg81Posted 9/24/2013 10:37:44 PM
Texture pop in will be gone thanks to alot more ram.

Long load times are gone on xbone cuase of all games installing to hdd. On PS4 depends on if you install your games to the hdd or not.

Reduced framerate will still be there. In fact it's already here. Only a handfull of games are running 60fps. Most of which aren't even 1080p.
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/24/2013 10:52:29 PM
No, because gamers accept those.

State of Decay received no bad remarks for its atrocious frame rate.
You don't see too much mention of the horrendous texture pop in GTA5, and when you do, it's usually accompanied with "but the game is still awesome because I can blow stuff up!"

So we will continue to see developers ignore "performance" in favor of shiny post processing, particle effects, and shiny post processing.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6CapwnDPosted 9/24/2013 11:10:18 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...

You don't see too much mention of the horrendous texture pop in GTA5, and when you do, it's usually accompanied with "but the game is still awesome because I can blow stuff up!"

So we will continue to see developers ignore "performance" in favor of shiny post processing, particle effects, and shiny post processing.

I didn't notice horrendous texture pop in with GTA5. I'm playing Xbox version with play disc on USB. Maybe I'm just not that sensitive?

But I did pass on buying State of Decay on Xbox 360 (and I'm anxiously awaiting a good PC version after it's patched because the game does look pretty good) because of horrendous pop-in. So I see what you're saying there, but I'm not sure where that applies to GTA5.

I'm not arguing the TC's point, he's generalizing and being unrealistic. The past couple years have been tough on consoles, but GTA 5 pulls it off pretty well. I'd rather run GTA 5 on my PC with my 780 graphics card but until then I'm ok with the console version.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/24/2013 11:29:02 PM
Decimator11 posted...
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Probably on the PS4.
Xbone not so sure.

Take a look at Dead Rising 3's locked (although it took a while) frame rate, its zero loading times, then remember that it's a launch title, and come back.

30fps @ 720p

Dead Rising 1 and 2 had tons of Zombies as well. LOL
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#8FoppePosted 9/24/2013 11:30:42 PM
Those things will always exist, because the developers believes that it's better to add more stuff on the screen / making it look better than to optimize the loading times/texture pop-in/reduced framerate.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9Millertime660Posted 9/24/2013 11:32:04 PM
Foxx3k posted...

I thought state of decay was a great game regardless of performance issues..... a fun game is a fun game to me
#10Cowboy082288Posted 9/25/2013 12:19:29 AM
These sorts of issues are never going away. It has to do with the demands the software is putting on the hardware. Even the highest end pc can be pushed past it limits. Also a lot of these kinds of issues often have to do with poor programming.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam - cowboyoni