Shocker: Kinect 2.0 STILL doesn't work properly

#81Laylow12Posted 9/30/2013 10:44:20 AM
OMG
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#82Raven-Z(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2013 1:29:51 PM
Ellesarien posted...
How did that PSEye work out?

Those in glass houses............................

>Optional
>Half the cost
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#8382xenoPosted 9/30/2013 2:14:42 PM
Ellesarien posted...
How did that PSEye work out?

Those in glass houses............................

Nice reassurance bro. I thought you were "above the console wars" this time around?

I guess things never change.
---
Shwing
#84NeoMonkPosted 9/30/2013 2:26:42 PM
Anyone who bought the sales pitch is a dunce

we know this is going to have growing pains... It's only natural.
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#85ZheakkPosted 9/30/2013 3:02:22 PM
It's weird since I've seen dozens of videos showing the Kinect 2.0 working incredibly well. I even looked up some of the examples posted in this thread of it supposedly performing poorly and the bulk of them were again showing it functioning perfectly well.

The worst performance I've seen involved a roughly 2-3 minute set up to make the Kinect avatar, and some bug that flip-flopped the players arm movements (i.e. real person moves left arm, avatar moves right arm). The guy running the demo waved his hand in front of the camera and the problem was fixed instantly, after which multiple games were played on it without problems.

Not saying that the Kinect 2.0 is going to be perfect from the get go, but all the evidence is pointing to it both working and being and incredibly powerful peripheral.
#86NerdimusPrimePosted 9/30/2013 4:38:36 PM
This might be why Kinect 2.0 won't be available for usage during the Xbox One tour, must still be working out the bugs.
---
Troll logic: say something utterly moronic and when someone takes the time to point out your stupidity, you win!
#87PorungaPosted 9/30/2013 5:04:05 PM
Zheakk posted...
It's weird since I've seen dozens of videos showing the Kinect 2.0 working incredibly well. I even looked up some of the examples posted in this thread of it supposedly performing poorly and the bulk of them were again showing it functioning perfectly well.

The worst performance I've seen involved a roughly 2-3 minute set up to make the Kinect avatar, and some bug that flip-flopped the players arm movements (i.e. real person moves left arm, avatar moves right arm). The guy running the demo waved his hand in front of the camera and the problem was fixed instantly, after which multiple games were played on it without problems.

Not saying that the Kinect 2.0 is going to be perfect from the get go, but all the evidence is pointing to it both working and being and incredibly powerful peripheral.

So a full second or more lag between your movements and the kinects response is "working incredibly well"?. Good to know...
#88unclekoolaid73Posted 9/30/2013 5:13:06 PM
Raven-Z posted...
Decimator11 posted...
TMOG posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
Kinect 1.0 was great when used properly,

Examples of Kinect 1 not being a piece of **** please

My use of it on Netflix and Vudu, plus the integration into Skyrim.

The final boss of Netflix was near impossible to beat with Kinect only. You pretty much HAD to use a controller when playing on Hard.

Wow I literally laughed out loud. I scared the cat.
#89Foxx3kPosted 9/30/2013 6:14:52 PM
Evel138 posted...

I hope Kotaku got some righteous web hits from their article though....as I'm sure any sensational, negative news about the XB1 garners at this point.

"Hey, how can we stir up hits?"
"Well, Playstation fanboys will repost negative MS articles relentlessly for weeks and weeks on every forum that exists on the web."
"I have a brilliant plan!"
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#90embrandedonePosted 10/3/2013 2:51:00 AM
Maybe if we divert more power, it will properly work?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board