X1 more powerful "rumor" might be revealed today

#1chrometipPosted 9/25/2013 9:03:09 AM
http://tech2.in.com/news/graphics-cards/amds-gpu14-tech-day-to-showcase-nextgen-gpus-and-more/915716

AMD Reveal: "We got a slight teaser of what to expect but...itís under embargo. Letís just say itís supposed to help game developers extract the best out of AMDís GCN architecture for the PC as well as next-generation consoles."

When they say next generation consoles, I believe they are talking about X1 and steambox maybe
#2MilesTeg420Posted 9/25/2013 9:06:27 AM
If anything it's Steambox.
#3corcoran_chrisPosted 9/25/2013 9:07:29 AM
too bad PS4 does not use AMD.........
#4TurtlePowahPosted 9/25/2013 9:08:42 AM
I would not hold your breath, from what developers have been saying. There is a quite obvious and substantial difference in power with the PS4 being the winner.

All the specs in world don't matter, it all comes down to what the devs say.

Example how they said the 360 was easier to work on and games were turning out about the same as PS3 if not a little better in some cases. Though specs showed PS3 winning.

In the end it comes down to what devs say not what nerdy elitist on net say.
#5FOXSOLIDPosted 9/25/2013 1:08:19 PM
TurtlePowah posted...
I would not hold your breath, from what developers have been saying. There is a quite obvious and substantial difference in power with the PS4 being the winner.

Example how they said the 360 was easier to work on and games were turning out about the same as PS3 if not a little better in some cases. Though specs showed PS3 winning.

PS3's exclusives blew the 360's out of the water.

Any inferior ports the PS3 received was a result of lazy porting. PS3's specs were more powerful and it showed in it's exclusives.
#6Skynet82997Posted 9/25/2013 1:10:32 PM
TurtlePowah posted...

Yes - a handful of anonymous developers are obviously right.

And of course, if that "nerdy elitist" said the PS4 blew away the XB1, then you'd of course take that as the gospel.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#7zerooo0Posted 9/25/2013 1:32:48 PM
So when is this even supposed to be?

I'm really curious if this is true or not. I don't really care which is stronger, but ever little power helps out both the consoles which is definitely what they need.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#8zephirrainesPosted 9/25/2013 1:34:40 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
TurtlePowah posted...

Any inferior ports the PS3 received was a result of lazy porting. PS3's specs were more powerful and it showed in it's exclusives.

Keep lying to yourself but halo 4 looks better than uncharted, has better draw distance and has real coop.
#9teehee23Posted 9/25/2013 1:37:08 PM
FOXSOLID posted...
TurtlePowah posted...

Wrong.
Nothing on ps3 compare to the graphical magnificence of HALO 4.
Absolutely nothing.

And just look at the train wreck Bayonetta is on ps3 compared to the Xbox360 version.

That says it all.
---
SEGA #1.
Bestest games. Bestest franchises.
#10Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/25/2013 1:37:43 PM
TurtlePowah posted...

WTF are you even talking about?

So lets say a Viper has 773 hp and some Toyota has about 170 but if manufacturers agree that the Toyota is more powerful then it is?

Is 2 less than 1 because devs say so?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.