Microsofts and kinect - Their "vision" compared to our "vision"

#1corcoran_chrisPosted 9/25/2013 9:05:43 AM
I was thinking and it I got rather annoyed to be honest. Im really trying to figure out what Microsoft is doing- they have this vision, their goal, their idea and how Kinect will revolutionize their brand and the next gen. What I don't understand is why? there has to be some reason they spent millions creating Kinect, forcing it down our throats, not giving any options for us and on top of that not backing down at all or really showing any understanding on what the paying customer feels.

Maybe its just me, but it seems like a dictatorship and honestly there is more to the story that we are not seeing. I am not talking about spying but something seems fishy. Companies have bad ideas all the time- I get it, but they usually bite the bullet and drop the product, or nip in in the bud before the mistake can happen. Why would Microsoft risk tarnishing their ENTIRE gaming division? why would they feel their Kinect is more important that everything else they have done with the XboxOne R&D? the controller R&D? their user base? it just does not make sence at all ! its not like its a peripheral mandatory to the product, it could be dropped- sure "features" would change but they are miniscule at best. To me this screams lack of confidence in the Kinect, they know it would fail and this is the only way to recover some damages- but its so much to risk and is the reason I am not buying an XBOX one ( I game on a projector with media shelf far away so I cant use Kinect ).

Its not really a rant but more or less a feeling that there is something dishonest going on with this whole Kinect ordeal.
#2chrisromans123Posted 9/25/2013 9:11:05 AM
I agree with you that MS knows kinect will fail if it's not in the box so they feel they need to force it on people. Which is why I probably won't buy an x1 until they do a price drop or something.
---
XDAO Romans
#3METALINGUS5150Posted 9/25/2013 9:19:28 AM
For Kinect.
They built the whole system around it.
Some of the system resources in the Xbone will ALWAYS be dedicated towards kinect.
They're using it for ads as well, people have already posted the proof.
Another thing, did people really think Kinect was going to suddenly be innovative?
#4MetroidFan9999Posted 9/25/2013 9:21:32 AM
It's innovation for the sake of innovation, which is never always good..

The occulus rift has more bearing on how we will game in the future than this.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#5aj4x94Posted 9/25/2013 9:22:15 AM
I've been wondering a bit about this whole Kinect business. If Xbox One buyers never use the Kinect, or people simply don't buy the One because it has Kinect bundled, will Microsoft finally get the message that we don't want Kinect and boot it out forever?
---
Playing: Hotline Miami, System Shock 2, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#6BadLuckIncPosted 9/25/2013 9:34:17 AM
I'm open minded to this technology, and the fact that everyone who buys a new X1 will have it in their box, it makes me a little more hopeful that developers and Microsoft will do more with it.

It's like a camera on a smart phone. Most phones come with a camera, so many apps, and other features can be utilized because more people have it rather than a small percent. If the incentive is there and the user base (regardless if people use the Kinect or not), at least it won't be a waste of time logically if everyone has it.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~
Xbox 360: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#7Dev0311Posted 9/25/2013 9:40:59 AM
It's their only differentiating feature so they're pushing it hard, even though it sucks and raised the cost of Xbone to a ridiculous $500. They need to learn how to trim excess fat cause consumers nowadays are very price-conscious. Not everyone would wanna pay extra for something they don't even like. Better to get something like PS4 or Wii U that don't force unnecessary peripherals into the box.
#8SoulTrapperPosted 9/25/2013 2:21:09 PM
The kinect will be (or was intended to be) one of the biggest income sources for the system.

The datamining they can do with that combined with the fact that they expect you to hook up nearly everything to your xbox for even more data gathering, is worth gold.

As they said in one of the interviews: the xbox is build with advertising in mind.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#9pigman2003Posted 9/25/2013 2:27:06 PM
I think it's the fact that the last Kinect failed however they've spent a large amount of cash improving it and they have faith in it but they know nobody would even try it without packaging it in.

I'd rather have them package it in then let it die like Sony is with the PSeye or Move.
#10carryonifucanPosted 9/25/2013 2:40:18 PM
pigman2003 posted...
I think it's the fact that the last Kinect failed however they've spent a large amount of cash improving it and they have faith in it but they know nobody would even try it without packaging it in.

I'd rather have them package it in then let it die like Sony is with the PSeye or Move.

So you're ok with them taking away the consumer's choice and forcing a $100 price increase?

Dude, you've got some serious logic issues.