What has Microsoft actually pioneered in the videogame industry?

#31Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/25/2013 11:37:00 AM
Snake_Eyes_v3 posted...
chrish909 posted...
I wonder what ms did to all these trolls to make them hate ms so much

It's mostly because Sony fanboys are the worst fanboys ever. It's not even a joke, it's been proved over and over these past few months.

How do you go about proving something like that?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#32BrownGottiPosted 9/25/2013 11:52:52 AM
iamdanthaman posted...
Somebody has obviously never played a console shooter before Halo:CE. Here's a hint: they were terrible. Not only that, but MS actually shared the game code that was essential to making Halo so successful with other developers so that they could integrate it into their games on console as well.

Goldeneye??
#33dj___rollPosted 9/25/2013 11:55:07 AM
Quote:Really?

PC gaming, MS DOS, Windows, DirectX.

@Yeomanly
PC gaming existed way before MS. Dos and windows are just operating systems that have nothing to do with gaming. Direct X is your only valid answer. Really.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.12
#34sworderPosted 9/25/2013 11:57:07 AM
Snake_Eyes_v3 posted...
chrish909 posted...

It's mostly because Sony fanboys are the worst fanboys ever. It's not even a joke, it's been proved over and over these past few months.

So you agree with a fanboy that goes into Sony boards whining constantly?

Just agreeing with him makes your entire point ironic
#35zinsindettaPosted 9/25/2013 11:57:57 AM
Halo 2 changed my life. And Xbox live pioneered online gaming for consoles that is for sure.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#36Styrof0amPosted 9/25/2013 12:00:13 PM
Dev0311 posted...
Totally forgot about Sega Saturn. Who could blame me though..

Well I'll amend my statement by saying Sony pioneered multimedia disc use in consoles, since PS2 doubled as a DVD player, and PS3 doubled as a Blu-ray player.

Dreamcast came out a full year before PS2 with VCD and CD playback capabilties.

Seganet/DreamArena was first to offer online services such as DLC for games and digitally distributed games.

Sega also offered gimmicky controllers such as the maracas (Samba De Amigo) and fishing rod (Bass fishing). They brought innovation in the form of Seaman, Controllers that could be used with games on the console thanks to a small lcd screen and mini-handheld device (VMU). They introduced HD gaming via VGA adapters and on top of all that tried to bring arcade gaming into the living room at an affordable price, thanks to the NAOMI arcade board (NeoGeo tried before them but prices were not consumer friendly).

Too bad Sony spent millions of $$$ on badmouthing the DC, so their own PS2 could sweep in a year later with nothing more than fuzzy B/C and a DVD player. That's how Sony helped kill of innovation in gaming. Sony has brought nothing new to gaming. They brought gming from the kid's room to the living room via means of advertisement campaigns for PSX in the mid 90s, but they never did something new for or with gaming. They've always been a follower, never a leader.
#37teehee23Posted 9/25/2013 12:01:01 PM
Microsoft is the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming.
Nintendo and sony copied (at least trying too very unsuccessfully) Xbox Live and marketplace.
---
SEGA #1.
Bestest games. Bestest franchises.
#38ViryuPosted 9/25/2013 12:13:50 PM
I absolutely hate MS for introducing Pay to Play Online, and now others are picking it up. They'd be forgiven if 360 at least used dedicated servers, but no, they had to use P2P awful laggy player hosting.
#39Snake_Eyes_v3Posted 9/25/2013 12:17:08 PM
sworder posted...
Snake_Eyes_v3 posted...
chrish909 posted...

So you agree with a fanboy that goes into Sony boards whining constantly?

Just agreeing with him makes your entire point ironic

Of course not. People that do that are douchebags. Complete douchebags.

Look at those boards.

Now look at this board.
---
Ninja Farm
#40THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/25/2013 12:33:24 PM
Online gaming on consoles. Yeah Dreamcast was the first but Xbox made it BIG.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT