Launch Games are not a reason to get a system

#1jb08045Posted 9/25/2013 5:54:59 PM
It seems people don't know this. Yes, it's a incentive but shouldn't be a reason. Too many people here crying that the other system has better launch titles and not looking at the long term.
---
---
Watch me set my 360 on fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE
#2lilj812Posted 9/25/2013 5:56:47 PM
I agree 100%
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#3Dev445Posted 9/25/2013 5:59:50 PM(edited)
Why not the launch line up is great. I would drop $500 for this console for Forza 5 and DR3 alone. Killer Instinct, Ryse, and Crimson Dragon are just Icing on a cake.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#4RedEnsignPosted 9/25/2013 5:58:53 PM
Truth but be careful, some kid may report you for using logic beyond their comprehension :-)
---
GameFAQS. The world wide leader in intellectual gaming conversation................SAID NO ONE EVER!!!!
#5ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/25/2013 5:59:25 PM
It's what I've been saying. I decided to get an XB1 along with my PS4 not because I like the launch exclusives more (both groups of launch titles seem underwhelming to me). I'm getting both so that I won't miss out on future exclusives.

People keep acting like launch games are relevant passed the first year of each console's release. A lot of fans ignore the fact that there will be many games released in the future...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=J7CULOL8hXo
#6Reflex-ArcPosted 9/25/2013 6:03:17 PM
They as good a reason as any to buy a console. If you want it and you can afford it, you can justify it in any way you like. There's no reason to pass judgment on anyone for their decisions or reasoning to buy anything. It only serves to make a person look petty.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#7ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/25/2013 6:05:20 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
They as good a reason as any to buy a console. If you want it and you can afford it, you can justify it in any way you like. There's no reason to pass judgment on anyone for their decisions or reasoning to buy anything. It only serves to make a person look petty.

Correction to TC's topic: "...is a POOR reason..."

While you may be right in one sense, that doesn't hide that a reason with poor logic is still a bad reason.
---
#8NewmoonPosted 9/25/2013 6:06:17 PM
I don't think I've played perfect dark 0 in about 7 years.

But then again I played halo 1 til the end of the generation
---
WWE Fantasy Name: Blings 4 Life Season 4 and 6 Gamefaqs League Champion
Former PWB Trivia '07 Champ! -Crowned by DarkRuneblade
#9Reflex-ArcPosted 9/25/2013 6:09:58 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

While you may be right in one sense, that doesn't hide that a reason with poor logic is still a bad reason.

I'd observe that that is still overly judgmental. Sure, you can disagree with that person's reasoning, but that is still just a matter of opinion even if backed up with facts or statistics. People are free to make choices.

That being said, people are also free to voice their opinions. So moot point is moot.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#10ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/25/2013 6:34:44 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
ImThe8thWonder posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

I'd observe that that is still overly judgmental. Sure, you can disagree with that person's reasoning, but that is still just a matter of opinion even if backed up with facts or statistics. People are free to make choices.

That being said, people are also free to voice their opinions. So moot point is moot.

Exactly. Nobody is preventing anyone from making decisions for whatever reasons, just demonstrating disagreement. So I guess moot point indeed...
---