Launch Games are not a reason to get a system

#21MixorzPosted 9/25/2013 10:06:28 PM
Ask Wii U if a strong launch is important.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#22shotymePosted 9/26/2013 1:20:30 AM
teehee23 posted...
jb08045 posted...
It seems people don't know this. Yes, it's a incentive but shouldn't be a reason. Too many people here crying that the other system has better launch titles and not looking at the long term.
---

Any reason that I decide is a good enough reason for my purchase.
Even if I just like the color of the cardboard box, that would be reason enough for me to spend my money how I choose.

The fact that Xbox #1 has the greatest launch line-up of all time is another good reason.

You're welcome.

I would give that honor to the Dreamcast...
---
NP: Dragon's Crown, Tales of Xillia, TLoU, SMT4, NCAA FB14, TTT2
Sports: Oregon Ducks, Tennessee Titans, NY Knicks, STL Cards
#23CrayonmuffinPosted 9/26/2013 1:25:51 AM
For me it isn't just the launch titles. Too many people get on these console "wars" crying that either side has better first party games and blah blah blah. First party games also aren't a reason to buy a console. Most of the games I want are multiplatform. As far as launch line ups go, MS has a decent launch WITH exclusives, so I'm getting the One first and PS4 later.
#24nableetPosted 9/26/2013 1:35:32 AM
Dev445 posted...
Why not the launch line up is great. I would drop $500 for this console for Forza 5 and DR3 alone. Killer Instinct, Ryse, and Crimson Dragon are just Icing on a cake.

"A fool and his money are easily parted"
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A
#25Evel138Posted 9/26/2013 1:36:22 AM
Wow, what a bunch of presumptuous BS. Though really, it sounds more like some realizes that the XB1 has a great launch line up while the other does not and is trying to convince himself its not a big deal

Yes, you should totally drop hundreds of dollars on a console just to look at it for six months while you wait for something worth while to play on it. Makes sense. /heavy sarcasm
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#26MrSpaM111Posted 9/26/2013 2:19:50 AM
It is pretty funny that people claiming one console is better than the other due to the launch exclusives it has. Anybody who's been on the planet more than ten years could tell you launch games are usually extremely mediocre, they are just a bridge between one gen and the next. We probably won't see the first system selling exclusive until after about a year and a half or more.

I honestly can't think of a single launch game ever that's been deemed a 'classic', it simply doesn't happen, and none of the launch games next gen look like changing that.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#27pigman2003Posted 9/26/2013 3:19:26 AM
For people like me getting both but not at the same time launch titles are a reason to get one system over the other. I want to play Dead Rising 3 and Titanfall and Quantum break and a bunch of others.
#28Spetsnaz420Posted 9/26/2013 4:04:04 AM
adonfraz posted...
If a person is planning on purchasing both consoles eventually and they choose to buy a X1 or PS4 first because of the launch lineup, then it's a perfectly valid reason.

If someone chooses between the two based solely on their launch lineup then, lol.

Well that makes sense...I think TC was addressing those who are choosing one over the other based on launch exclusives
---
I don't conform to social convention
#29xninjagrrlPosted 9/26/2013 4:24:47 AM
I agree. Most people are thinking long term needs when dropping 400-500 dollars on anything.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#30nableetPosted 9/26/2013 5:44:11 AM
Evel138 posted...
Wow, what a bunch of presumptuous BS. Though really, it sounds more like some realizes that the XB1 has a great launch line up while the other does not and is trying to convince himself its not a big deal

Yes, you should totally drop hundreds of dollars on a console just to look at it for six months while you wait for something worth while to play on it. Makes sense. /heavy sarcasm

Your first paragraph is totally subjective.

Your second paragraph is dumb, because you seem to think that because you don't think the PS4 has a good line up, that everyone agrees.

Also, there are plenty of multiplats, so even not liking the launch titles, you would still be using the console.
---
GT - Tyfighta23 PSN - N/A