Launch Games are not a reason to get a system

#61zephirrainesPosted 9/26/2013 2:47:45 PM
UnquietSlumbers posted...
zephirraines posted...
Power of the cell all over again. Everyone swore the ps3 was more powerful and then reality hit.

Yes, this is the same situation. It's not like this beaten dead horse has not been explained and rebuked over and over and over again. Seriously, get some new material.

Show evidence of a multiplatform game 50% better on ps4. Oh wait you cant. Not to mention first party games like driveclub failing to hit 60fps and kz being 60 fps "a lot of the time.". Like i said, power of the cell all over again until you clowns show me proof.
#62darkshadowmasterPosted 9/26/2013 2:56:30 PM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
I agree. The one game I'm truly interested in on the Xbox One is Quantum Break followed by Project Spark. The premise of QB seems really neat with it being tied to a tv show too. When that game comes out,I will definitely be getting an Xbox One(hopefully the price has dropped then).

Hopefully it fares better than Defiance. *shudder*
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#63UnquietSlumbersPosted 9/26/2013 3:51:40 PM
zephirraines posted...
Show evidence of a multiplatform game 50% better on ps4. Oh wait you cant. Not to mention first party games like driveclub failing to hit 60fps and kz being 60 fps "a lot of the time.". Like i said, power of the cell all over again until you clowns show me proof.

lol good god, you're a bitter man. Anyhoo, gonna be funny watching faces drop when the results are in :-)
#64zephirrainesPosted 9/26/2013 3:57:11 PM
zephirraines posted...

lol good god, you're a bitter man. Anyhoo, gonna be funny watching faces drop when the results are in :-)

Like i said power of the cell, emotion engine and vita all support that once again you ponies brag about specs that never deliver.

So it will be fun to see the results considering history and current evidence supports my side.
#65Evel138Posted 9/26/2013 4:32:16 PM
zephirraines posted...
Power of the cell all over again. Everyone swore the ps3 was more powerful and then reality hit.

Yes, this is the same situation. It's not like this beaten dead horse has not been explained and rebuked over and over and over again. Seriously, get some new material.

Yeah, because when anonymous devs simply say that PS4 is "50% more powerful” (and when you think about how devs end up pushing what they thought possible at the beginning of every console, the arbitrary nature of that statement suddenly becomes laughable) it taken immediately as gospel, but when MS engineers get on to describe in great detail and at length how the differences are marginal at best, virtually non existent under the right conditions....OH HELL NO.

So save it with how anything has been "explained"....and don't get me started on the garden variety tech talk on the internet......99% of these experts don't have a degree in, well, anything....much less a residence beyond mommies basement.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#66UnquietSlumbersPosted 9/26/2013 4:41:33 PM
Yes, because MS are going to admit the difference is quite considerable, aren't they? lol oh brother.

Did you guys check out the current pre-orders? Ouch!
#67jb08045(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 6:21:17 PM
Ellesarien posted...
Evel138 posted...
I think what this whole thread boils down to is a bunch of guys not getting an XB1 (for now) knowing the XB1 has a generally better launch line up (I mean, they're hearing it in the gaming press, seeing it on the message boards and I think deep down, recognize it as well), trying to convince themselves (because they should be smart enough to know you're not changing any hearts and minds here) otherwise.

I mean, the premise suggested in the OP is that the launch line up is good, but people shouldn't buy for the "short term", but again, this is presumptuous BS because the guy buying Forza alone is just as legitimate in his purchase as the guy buying the PS4 for the long term.

Your premise does make a bit of sense when you look at the TC sig doesn't it?

Nope, I destroyed my 360 because as time went on the games started to suck, or we multiple so the ps3 was of more use to me.
---
---
Watch me set my 360 on fire - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iPJKQPSwE
#68zephirrainesPosted 9/26/2013 6:37:22 PM
Yes, because MS are going to admit the difference is quite considerable, aren't they? lol oh brother.

Did you guys check out the current pre-orders? Ouch!

Vita had high pre orders too and no sony series can compete with halo sales but in those cases sales dont matter right?