Let's talk about indies...

#31Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 9:44:00 AM
Bikes- posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
Bikes- posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
So you're telling me that I should base my opinion on a 400+ system based on a low budget tablet quality arcade game.

You hipsters are hilarious. That's like judging a Ferrari on the quality of tape deck radio it has.

if they are cool. But the majority of people who buy a system don't buy it for arcade games. Hence a top selling indie game sells maybe a few mil while franchise games that people actually buy systems for sell hundreds of millions.

Example. Super meat boy and bastion barely breached the million sales marker. Gta 5 in one day is 800 mil.

So the hundred millions of gamers should usea metric that affects maybe a million gamers? Also that sales figure for bastion and super meat boy was primarily tablets.

You indie fans need to wake up and smell the reality.

You're comparing copies sold to dollars made....I've seen stupid things on this forum, but I think that just took the cake as the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

my bad i was looking it up on my phone.

either way the argument still stands. Bastion hit 1.7million since release and gta 5 hit 15 mil in one day, projected to hit 25 mil by year end.

most good games hit the 15+ mil marker.

the argument still stands. also bastion 1.7 million is between consoles and tablets. gta cod and "real" games is console only.

why would i care about a 1/25th minority of games when i but a system?

i'm not going to give two craps about whether i can play a bastion game on my xbox or ps4 when i have destiny, tital fall, deep down, dr3, forza, kz, watchdogs, assassin creed black flag, mgs5, kingdom hearts, spark, division....etc etc etc....

Sales=/=Quality, unless you want to argue that wii fit is one of the classic games we'll be playing for years to come. And almost no games sell 15 million, you won't be playing any of the games you listed if that's your requirement. 1.7 million sold is actually a pretty decent amount >_>

most tripple A games in the last year or two have been reaching the 15+ mark. but that's multiplat games.

exclusives usually hit 5-9 million. but thats on one system

1.7 million is good for an indie game but if you took out tablet sales i'm guessing it would cut it in half. for consoles.

lets say i give it the benefit of the doubt.

a console exclusive, halo 3 hit 8 million units sold on the 360 .bastion would have most likely hit 300-400k on the 360....

you can make a comparison on any game the argument stays the same.

indie games are a miniscule fraction of what console gamers buy, and i for one won't base my opinion on a system for those miniscule games.

i'll base it off the games that the majority of people play, the "real" games.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#32Ch3wyPosted 9/26/2013 9:46:51 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...
Bikes- posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...
So you're telling me that I should base my opinion on a 400+ system based on a low budget tablet quality arcade game.

You hipsters are hilarious. That's like judging a Ferrari on the quality of tape deck radio it has.

if they are cool. But the majority of people who buy a system don't buy it for arcade games. Hence a top selling indie game sells maybe a few mil while franchise games that people actually buy systems for sell hundreds of millions.

Example. Super meat boy and bastion barely breached the million sales marker. Gta 5 in one day is 800 mil.

So the hundred millions of gamers should usea metric that affects maybe a million gamers? Also that sales figure for bastion and super meat boy was primarily tablets.

You indie fans need to wake up and smell the reality.

You're comparing copies sold to dollars made....I've seen stupid things on this forum, but I think that just took the cake as the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

my bad i was looking it up on my phone.

either way the argument still stands. Bastion hit 1.7million since release and gta 5 hit 15 mil in one day, projected to hit 25 mil by year end.

most good games hit the 15+ mil marker.

the argument still stands. also bastion 1.7 million is between consoles and tablets. gta cod and "real" games is console only.

why would i care about a 1/25th minority of games when i buy a system?

i'm not going to give two craps about whether i can play a bastion game on my xbox or ps4 when i have destiny, tital fall, deep down, dr3, forza, kz, watchdogs, assassin creed black flag, mgs5, kingdom hearts, spark, division....etc etc etc....

indie games are time killer, frivilous gimick games.

most have cash stores to get more money while you play.

ya'll are dilusional. but go ahead enjoy your indie games on a 400 console. i'll enjoy them while i poop.

and just becasue i think they shouldnt be a metric to judge consoles on doesn't mean i don't like indie games. i loved bastion. i played the crap out of in on flights and on the toilet.

What in the ****...

I'm not even going to address that you're using a game that has been getting the highest amount of sales of all time as an example of what normal games sell.

But what the hell is wrong with you?

I have never played and indie game with a cash store or what I would consider to be a gimmick.

And I cannot understand why you think that just because you arbitrarily decide to play certain games a certain way, that nobody else would want to play them on a console. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Please tell me you're just trolling here.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#33Demon_AckerPosted 9/26/2013 9:54:04 AM
WM_PMC posted...
Neither Halo nor Gran Turismo reached 15 million sales an I believe they were the highest selling exclusives this gen.

Mario Kart Wii/DS, Wii Fit, New Super Mario Bros Wii/DS are the highest selling exclusives this gen, and they all sold over 20 million.

But yeah, saying most good games sell over 15 million is completely nuts. Only GTA, CoD and a bunch of Nintendo games managed to sell that much.
#34reincarnator07Posted 9/26/2013 10:27:03 AM
You seem to be confusing indie games with mobile games. Technically, Knights of the Old Republic, Final Fantasy 4 and XCOM: Enemy Unknown are tablet games, but those are all great games.

Next, you seem to equate sales with quality. The Twilight franchise has made stupid amounts of money, but the writing is terrible. CoD gets re-released each year with new maps and makes a killing, but I don't think you'll find anyone pointing it out as a masterpiece of game design. Bastion has received several awards, despite it's "low sales" (Seriously, that's pretty good for an indie, they must have made a killing). Minecraft has over 12m sales. Like it or not, some of the best games this generation have come from indie devs. You're missing out on a lot of great titles by limiting yourself to AAA games.

Why do you hate them so much? Are you afraid to play something "uncool" or "unpopular"? I can't see why more games could possibly be a bad thing, especially considering how cheap the asking price often is. With the spiraling costs of AAA games, we're already at a point where publishers simply can't afford to take risks. Unless youre happy with the same **** every year, indie games are a greatly needed breath of fresh air and inspiration.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#35Orange_ApplesPosted 9/26/2013 10:34:18 AM
Wow hard to believe but TC, you are the most wrong person on the Xbox One board. Congratulations that is no simple feat.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#36WM_PMCPosted 9/26/2013 11:16:31 AM
Demon_Acker posted...
WM_PMC posted...
Neither Halo nor Gran Turismo reached 15 million sales an I believe they were the highest selling exclusives this gen.

Mario Kart Wii/DS, Wii Fit, New Super Mario Bros Wii/DS are the highest selling exclusives this gen, and they all sold over 20 million.

But yeah, saying most good games sell over 15 million is completely nuts. Only GTA, CoD and a bunch of Nintendo games managed to sell that much.

My bad, I should have specified that I was talking about the PS3/360. But yeah, Nintendo exclusives tend to sell like crazy. At least the bigger ones.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com