Report: Xbox One Allows Extended Recordings, Picture-In-Picture Commentary

#1Dev445Posted 9/26/2013 6:04:15 AM
by Mike Futter

The feature race between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One continues to heat up on the road to November. One aspect that we thought had been put to bed, the set length of gameplay recordings, is being revisited after comments made by Microsoft executive vice president Phil Harrison at Eurogamer Expo.

We previously understood that the Xbox One would buffer five minutes of recording and that would be the maximum length of a shared clip. Sony fired back with a 15-minute buffer (but no specificity about a cap on clip length). Today we have new information about Microsoft's plans for the Xbox One gameplay sharing.

According to VG 24/7, not only can the users record "as much or as little as they want," but clips can include separately recorded commentary. This will be handled with the Kinect camera and displayed picture-in-picture in the final clip.

We've reached out to Microsoft to confirm that users can record as much as they'd like, as this is a significant change.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/09/26/report-xbox-one-allows-extended-recordings-picture-in-picture-commentary---.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Exodus_PrimePosted 9/26/2013 6:12:28 AM
This sounds awesome I can't wait it will be quite fun.

I'm sure Sony will have IGN report sometime this week about how somehow it will have a better feature to match it without showing anything and the fanboys will eat it up like soup in a hobo shelter.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#3LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/26/2013 6:16:26 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...

I'm sure Sony will have IGN report sometime this week about how somehow it will have a better feature to match it without showing anything and the fanboys will eat it up like soup in a hobo shelter.

^^^and Sony fans will be blamed when this thread turns to ****.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#4SavageTrooperPosted 9/26/2013 6:32:44 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...

Well you are pretty much eating up this info, yet nothing was shown or even confirmed. Hypocrite.
#5TheM00dPosted 9/26/2013 6:34:22 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6ItIsOkBroPosted 9/26/2013 6:36:20 AM(edited)
surely unlimited recoding is like, impossible. unless cloud is involved.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#7roboto_pilotoPosted 9/26/2013 6:41:45 AM
SavageTrooper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

Well you are pretty much eating up this info, yet nothing was shown or even confirmed. Hypocrite.

@Exodus
It's pretty sad how you obsess over fanboys on every post. Acting like an insecure child at this point.
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#8Special-EddPosted 9/26/2013 6:41:59 AM
ItIsOkBro posted...
surely unlimited recoding is like, impossible. unless cloud is involved.

There could be some kind of cloud storage for video files. How much? I couldn't be sure but it could be a decent amount. If this info is accurate it could be how I imagined the GDVR function to work originally.

The 5 minute buffer seemed like a "Oh wow, I just had this really awesome moment and I wasn't recording but I want to share it" type deal. Not really ideal for people who like to upload entire matches or do walkthroughs.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9MrSpaM111Posted 9/26/2013 6:42:40 AM
The guy is using speculation as a source

/thread
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#10MRL3G3NDPosted 9/26/2013 6:54:18 AM
this is the first useful feature I've heard from the xb1 camp in a while

not that I'll ever use this lol
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q