Report: Xbox One Allows Extended Recordings, Picture-In-Picture Commentary

#31atopp399Posted 9/26/2013 11:31:58 AM
Lol at the people who are going to be posting really, really crappy videos to youtube...
#32BudWisenheimerPosted 9/26/2013 11:38:25 AM
Is this really necessary? Can't you just record more than one 5-minute block (if you actually need more than 5 minutes) and edit them together?
#33EoinPosted 9/26/2013 11:45:38 AM
Rybal posted...
The ability to add commentary is a potentially cool feature. It would not surprise me in the least to see Sony add this as well, especially since it would be software-driven and could thus be patched in later if they don't announce it right away. Good new, regardless, though. It's nice to see something positive about the X1.

Sony announced that a few weeks ago (well, "announced" via answering questions on Twitter):

https://twitter.com/yosp/status/370606105795522560

Their Gamescom feed also showed the picture-in-picture feature.

ItIsOkBro posted...
surely unlimited recoding is like, impossible. unless cloud is involved.

Recording to the limit of your hard drive capacity is a fairly trivial challenge.
#34Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 6:31:33 PM
Update

by Mike Futter

Microsoft has responded to us stating that executive vice president Phil Harrison's comments were taken out of context. "We are committed to giving gamers the ability to produce high quality videos easily and quickly," a Microsoft representative told Game Informer. "We can confirm the recording buffer in Game DVR is 5 minutes, which we feel is optimized to take advantage of high-quality production features and advanced social mechanics in Xbox One."

To be absolutely clear, regardless of whether you are capturing something from the buffer or pressing the record button and capturing gameplay from that point forward, clips will be capped at five minutes. We're unclear where the disconnect was, but apparently this means that "as much or as little as they want" doesn't refer to recording time. We've asked for clarification on what Harrison was referring to.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#35TheGovenorPosted 9/27/2013 4:52:52 AM
Dev445 posted...
Update

by Mike Futter

Microsoft has responded to us stating that executive vice president Phil Harrison's comments were taken out of context. "We are committed to giving gamers the ability to produce high quality videos easily and quickly," a Microsoft representative told Game Informer. "We can confirm the recording buffer in Game DVR is 5 minutes, which we feel is optimized to take advantage of high-quality production features and advanced social mechanics in Xbox One."

To be absolutely clear, regardless of whether you are capturing something from the buffer or pressing the record button and capturing gameplay from that point forward, clips will be capped at five minutes. We're unclear where the disconnect was, but apparently this means that "as much or as little as they want" doesn't refer to recording time. We've asked for clarification on what Harrison was referring to.

you forgot the...

"/thread" bit.
---
I'm sharper than a crease on a freshly ironed pair of chinos.
#36Lefty128kPosted 9/27/2013 5:19:24 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
This sounds awesome I can't wait it will be quite fun.

I'm sure Sony will have IGN report sometime this week about how somehow it will have a better feature to match it without showing anything and the fanboys will eat it up like soup in a hobo shelter.

The PS4 has dedicated hardware to handle the recording, it will have zero impact on game performance.

XBone has no such hardware and games will take a performance hit for it.
#37WM_PMCPosted 9/27/2013 6:54:10 AM
That article has now been updated with a clarification from MS saying that you can only record 5 minute clips. Lol. MS is a joke.

Phil: "You can record a clip however long or short you want!"
MS: "What Phil meant to say was you can record a 5 minute clip."
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#38VanderZooPosted 9/27/2013 7:36:04 AM
Lefty128k posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

I'm sure Sony will have IGN report sometime this week about how somehow it will have a better feature to match it without showing anything and the fanboys will eat it up like soup in a hobo shelter.

The PS4 has dedicated hardware to handle the recording, it will have zero impact on game performance.

XBone has no such hardware and games will take a performance hit for it.

I was gonna say, I don't see how MS could just use a software patch to suddenly make the XB1 record indefinitely when the PS4 has a dedicated chip in it purely for DVR and the max it does is 15 minutes.
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#39pblimp360Posted 9/27/2013 7:52:59 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...

XD
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#40embrandedonePosted 9/27/2013 8:12:10 AM
SavageTrooper posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

Well you are pretty much eating up this info, yet nothing was shown or even confirmed. Hypocrite.

^
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board