Cloud can improve graphics?

#71pigman2003Posted 9/27/2013 3:42:21 AM
I think we can all agree that it needs to be seen to believe, and to outright believe or discount it would be close minded.
#72LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/27/2013 4:08:32 AM
MS threw money at developers for the Xbox 1 and 360. Look how that turned out....

Just because you throw money at something, it doesn't mean it will succeed. You need oversight. Like what Sony does with their 1st party studios.

Personally, I know that all this cloud stuff is theoretically possible. It is possible. We just don't have the infrastructure to handle it. If we did, PC games would be doing it and all we would have to do is cite some games as examples. Instead, we have lab samples and vague explanations.

My personal beef with MS is not that they want to use the cloud. By all means go for it. Sony has cloud tech too. It's that MS is blatantly lieing to gamers about what is currently possible with cloud technology just to try to sucker some people to by the Xbone. THAT'S my problem.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#73DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/27/2013 4:40:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#74Shadowalker1191Posted 9/27/2013 8:46:18 AM
Instead of bashing it, how about waiting untill it comes out and see how it works first.
#75Darkside_ShadowPosted 9/27/2013 1:27:34 PM
Its all smoke and mirrors BS
Cloud can save games which is nice when you have to get a new console because the old overhated. And now you dont have to start all your games over.
Everything else is bullcrap intended to bait the weakminded
Mark my words Cloud will never improve any graphics this next gen. Its 1080p all over again
In case aynone forgot.
#76Ramsus082Posted 9/27/2013 2:08:06 PM
Microsoft has successfully turned some of you into viral marketers for their cloud hosting services. Glorified Avon representatives, but without the compensation basically. Google/Apple/Amazon would kill for some of this cross-industry promotion people are doing for them here. Seriously, they have us talking about examples that have been implemented in gaming for nearly twenty years, as if they're new. AI off-loading? Ultima Online ring a bell? Who's machine did you think was processing that data, so ours didn't have to?

Who says Microsoft still has a messaging problem? This cloud talk is some of the best viral marketing they could have ever asked for.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#77ht02135Posted 9/28/2013 10:37:45 AM
lol, cloud CAN NOT improve graphics!!! if xboxone has a weak GPU, then graphics will be limit by weak GPU. having said that, it is possible to offload host CPU computational related task to cloud to improve game play experience. so stop this cloud can improve graphics non-sense. it is stupid
#78MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 11:11:26 AM
Shadowalker1191 posted...
Instead of bashing it, how about waiting untill it comes out and see how it works first.

Exactly the point I'd like to make about it. I'd like to see it myself first, before judging it based on previous games that used the cloud. I don't think it will happen until next year anyway. Like I've said before, I don't think cloud will REALLY kick-in and be awesome until maybe 3-4 years from now.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#79sworderPosted 9/28/2013 11:13:58 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
Exactly the point I'd like to make about it. I'd like to see it myself first, before judging it based on previous games that used the cloud. I don't think it will happen until next year anyway. Like I've said before, I don't think cloud will REALLY kick-in and be awesome until maybe 3-4 years from now.

MMO's already use the "Cloud"

Everyone that says "let's wait" is failing to realize that this is not new. This has already existed for ages. You're just buying into Microsoft's BS PR.
#80MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 11:19:50 AM
sworder posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...

MMO's already use the "Cloud"

Everyone that says "let's wait" is failing to realize that this is not new. This has already existed for ages. You're just buying into Microsoft's BS PR.

...before judging it based on previous games that used the cloud. Do you even read bro?
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!