Activision: "We're taking some of the biggest risks"...LOLOLOL that's too funny

#1zerooo0Posted 9/26/2013 11:08:58 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/activision-were-taking-some-of-the-biggest-risks-6414999

The biggest risk they're taking is Destiny, and they still have CoD & Skylanders to rebound on if it fails. Activision you're taking some of the smallest risks in the industry right now.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2BigBizShillPosted 9/26/2013 11:10:48 AM
The article makes a much better argument than you do. Just because you don't like the company doesn't mean they aren't taking big risks.
---
MasterChief14: "Oh look. Somebody incapable of reason so they resort to petty taunts."
#3coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/26/2013 11:11:08 AM
Come on you don't think fish that move,super dogs and dirt under finger nails are huge risks?! And oh yeah,space shoot outs?!
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#4Special-EddPosted 9/26/2013 11:11:33 AM
I agree that CoD is about as small a risk as any publisher can make. It has a massive following regardless of how many people claim to hate the series and where it went. It does great every year in it's sales.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 11:15:40 AM
BigBizShill posted...
The article makes a much better argument than you do. Just because you don't like the company doesn't mean they aren't taking big risks.

Show me a big risk other than Destiny they have done? They play it too safe, & monetize almost everything. Not saying it's a bad thing to make a profit, but Activision has little to no room to talk about risks lol.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#6IloveElitePosted 9/26/2013 11:16:19 AM
Yeah.. big risks like churning out the same crap fps games year after year. zzzzZZZ
---
Currently playing: GTA V, STO, Junk Jack X
Waiting for: Elite:Dangerous
#7Bikes-Posted 9/26/2013 11:16:24 AM
Can't even get their facts straight, Skylanders was not the first toy to game, it just popularized it more recently. A few years back there was basically the same thing but with stuffed animals for a internet browser called webkins that was popular among kids in my town. And I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't the first to do it >_>
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#8BigBizShillPosted 9/26/2013 11:20:13 AM
zerooo0 posted...
BigBizShill posted...

Show me a big risk other than Destiny they have done? They play it too safe, & monetize almost everything. Not saying it's a bad thing to make a profit, but Activision has little to no room to talk about risks lol.

Because the only game they have made are the COD games? Did you bother reading the article you posted?
---
MasterChief14: "Oh look. Somebody incapable of reason so they resort to petty taunts."
#9The_NightwingPosted 9/26/2013 11:28:17 AM
BigBizShill posted...
zerooo0 posted...
BigBizShill posted...

Because the only game they have made are the COD games? Did you bother reading the article you posted?

They mentioned Skylanders. Making 2 new IP's, such a monumental risk for them.
#10SirLemontPosted 9/27/2013 1:47:34 AM
I can give you a recent example: TMNT Out of the Shadows. It copies the Batman combat formula, but it was released on Arcade and made by a small team. If Activision were the risk taker they claim to be, this would have been a full retail title made by a larger team.