Xbone launch hindered by who else? Mario

#101teehee23Posted 10/2/2013 1:23:26 PM
Dev0311 posted...
teehee23 posted...
Dev0311 posted...
For all of you who don't know, Wii U's highly anticipated flagship game, Super Mario 3D World, will also be launching November 22.

Expect a $299 Wii U bundle with this game. Great price point.

How will this affect Xbone's $499 launch? That's fully $200 more expensive than a Wii U bundled with a AAA Nintendo game.

Fanboyism aside, everyone has to admit that this is gonna be an interesting day. What techies like is often drastically different from what the general public gobbles up. This is the holiday season and everyone is looking for the best deal. That's all.

There's not going to be any midnight sales or people camping overnight outside Best Buy and Gamestop for Super Mario 3D World.
There was for every HALO and Gears and newer Call of Duty's.
And there will be for Xbox #1 and ps4.

That say it all.

You're welcome.

http://youtu.be/wLOKVABfrzw

Looks ok but Rayman Legends by Ubisoft has already eclipsed everything Nintendo has done the last few years.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#102RCW29Posted 10/2/2013 1:24:27 PM
xbone's launch is hindered by no one but microsoft themselves
#103brawl__08Posted 10/2/2013 3:26:08 PM
teehee23 posted...
There's not going to be any midnight sales or people camping overnight outside Best Buy and Gamestop for Super Mario 3D World.
There was for every HALO and Gears and newer Call of Duty's.
And there will be for Xbox #1 and ps4.

That says it all.

You're welcome.

Not sure what your point is. If you were going to compare these things, I'd imagine you'd compare the game sales over whether or not they had midnight releases (and how often people play the games, though this can only really be done with multiplayer titles).

Pretty sure Super Mario 3D Land sold better than Halo 4, and the original Galaxy did better than Halo 3 did. Didn't Halo 4 dip to like only 40k people playing online by April or so this year? That's pretty low for Halo.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#104Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 5:00:32 PM
brawl__08 posted...
Pretty sure Super Mario 3D Land sold better than Halo 4, and the original Galaxy did better than Halo 3 did.

Is that really true about 3D Land? That's surprising cause that game was horrible. Galaxy selling more than Halo 3 is surprising too, but Galaxy was great.
#105VanderZooPosted 10/2/2013 6:22:54 PM
Dev0311 posted...
For all of you who don't know, Wii U's highly anticipated flagship game, Super Mario 3D World, will also be launching November 22.

Expect a $299 Wii U bundle with this game. Great price point.

How will this affect Xbone's $499 launch? That's fully $200 more expensive than a Wii U bundled with a AAA Nintendo game.

Fanboyism aside, everyone has to admit that this is gonna be an interesting day. What techies like is often drastically different from what the general public gobbles up. This is the holiday season and everyone is looking for the best deal. That's all.

This only hurts potential Mario and Wii u sales because the XB1 is selling out on day one anyway. Nothing gets in the way of a new hardware launch.

Nintendo should be releasing Mario earlier.
---
Oi, Aussies! Shop at ozziegameshop.com or dungeoncrawl.com
#106Dannyson97Posted 10/2/2013 6:30:32 PM
Dev0311 posted...
brawl__08 posted...
Pretty sure Super Mario 3D Land sold better than Halo 4, and the original Galaxy did better than Halo 3 did.

Is that really true about 3D Land? That's surprising cause that game was horrible. Galaxy selling more than Halo 3 is surprising too, but Galaxy was great.

3D land horrible? I thought it was an amazing game for a handheld, it's always opinion between people.
---
I'm pro Nintendo, my friend is pro Sony,
my other friend is pro Microsoft.
#107embrandedonePosted 10/3/2013 1:47:43 AM
I'll admit to never checking this thread before but now I'm glad.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#108necro00Posted 10/3/2013 9:28:01 AM
Dev0311 posted...
mmm_BabyBoy posted...
Dev0311 posted...
sworder posted...
Anyone that thinks Xbones won't be sold out everywhere is deluded

Nintendo could launch Smash and it'd make no difference

No difference? Lol don't kid yourself.

I don't think Dev knows what sold out means

I do and I fail to see how a $499 console will sell out when there are more affordable options available like the Wii U and PS4.

why buy a wii u when you can get a Gamecube? Its more affordable right
#109Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 10:27:50 AM
necro00 posted...
why buy a wii u when you can get a Gamecube? Its more affordable right

Cause you can't play this on a GameCube:
http://youtu.be/wLOKVABfrzw
#110Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 10:56:35 AM
Bump