Xbone launch hindered by who else? Mario

#71methosagainPosted 9/28/2013 8:09:26 AM(edited)
Dev0311 posted...
JohnHalo343 posted...

Dev0311 posted...
I do and I fail to see how a $499 console will sell out when there are more affordable options available like the Wii U and PS4.

LMFAO! This dude is actually serious?!? I am going to go get a drink of water just so I can spit it out in amazement.

What's so amazing? You seem to not understand that price is important to consumers, even moreso today than before. Just cause it's the Xbone doesn't automatically ensure sold out status.

Your defense of Xbone is very admirable though. You must think that everyone already forgot about the Xbone's completely disastrous reveal. Yeah, definitely gonna sell out, no question about it!

Its pre-order numbers alone state it will be sold out, and the real issue is that as much as I love the console, let us be serious for a minute and face reality and recognize that even after the PR disaster the XB1 had its still a more hyped and has a greater portion of the gaming mind-shares than the Wii U does at this point. I cannot wait for Super Mario 3D World, it looks like a lot of fun, but in no way is this game going to drive console sales. Its strictly a game for Nintendo fans, and hey, we already have Wii U's.
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#72THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 9/28/2013 8:05:37 AM
JohnHalo343 posted...
Dev0311 posted...
PsychoGates posted...
Dev0311 posted...
For all of you who don't know, Wii U's highly anticipated flagship game, Super Mario 3D World, will also be launching November 22.

Expect a $299 Wii U bundle with this game. Great price point.

How will this affect Xbone's $499 launch? That's fully $200 more expensive than a Wii U bundled with a AAA Nintendo game.

Fanboyism aside, everyone has to admit that this is gonna be an interesting day. What techies like is often drastically different from what the general public gobbles up. This is the holiday season and everyone is looking for the best deal. That's all.

this game is not highly anticipated, it looks like trash just like the 3ds version.

And you call me a troll. Super Mario 3D World doesn't look like trash no matter if you like Mario or not. You are the troll here.

Says the delusional troll who keeps trying to perpetuate his lies. Face it, Sony Fanboy. You have been caught red handed.

Since the Xbone MS fans have gotten dumber and dumber... Mario = Sony?
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#73Pupu27Posted 9/28/2013 8:14:58 AM
Ellesarien posted...
How does the iPhone sell then?

It is beyond expensive when compared to other phones.

Just because one product (with a marketing genius in Steve Jobs standing behind) worked with a high price point doesn't make it works for everyone else. If it does then every company would have 100 billions dollars in the bank like Apple did.
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#74Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 9:17:02 AM
Pupu27 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
How does the iPhone sell then?

It is beyond expensive when compared to other phones.

Just because one product (with a marketing genius in Steve Jobs standing behind) worked with a high price point doesn't make it works for everyone else. If it does then every company would have 100 billions dollars in the bank like Apple did.

iPhone blazed its own trail. Xbox is not like that.
#75crucialPosted 9/28/2013 9:56:59 AM
X1 will sell at first just on the success of the 360 then after that it's all about the game's,so X1 will sell out this year there is no doubt as well as PS4,and once titanfall comes out in the Spring that will give it a lift.

But nothing at this point from the Wii U will effect sales of Sony or MS,Sony and MS are not scared of Nintendo anymore with console's,people want dudebro game's now not Mario that is so 1980's,people wan't pew pew games now and that is what X1 and PS4 will have,nothing is going to touch X1 or PS4 this gen when it comes to console's.

Wii U is so last gen just look at the hardware and the lack of game's it's getting,nintendo need's like 5 AAA game's like right nowif it think's it's going to sell,no one want's the thing.
#76Pupu27Posted 9/28/2013 11:38:16 AM
crucial posted...
X1 will sell at first just on the success of the 360 then after that it's all about the game's,so X1 will sell out this year there is no doubt as well as PS4,and once titanfall comes out in the Spring that will give it a lift.

But nothing at this point from the Wii U will effect sales of Sony or MS,Sony and MS are not scared of Nintendo anymore with console's,people want dudebro game's now not Mario that is so 1980's,people wan't pew pew games now and that is what X1 and PS4 will have,nothing is going to touch X1 or PS4 this gen when it comes to console's.

Wii U is so last gen just look at the hardware and the lack of game's it's getting,nintendo need's like 5 AAA game's like right nowif it think's it's going to sell,no one want's the thing.

Sony is very afraid of Nintendo (or any rivals in the console market) at the moment. They are not in a good financial shape and PS3 nearly bankrupted them last gen (while Nintendo made a fortune). PS4 could be the last opportunity for Sony to stay in the business that's why they spent too much effort to it. Anything less than an absolute victory (PS2 style) for PS4 could damage Sony badly (may be they would have to skip a gen to build up money before trying again).

Microsoft is a different beast though, I doubt that anybody could scare them. If they want to stay in the market they will stay. A couple billions lost per year is just pocket chance to Microsoft.
---
Freedom of speech is just an excuse for trolling.
#77mmm_BabyBoyPosted 9/30/2013 11:14:53 AM
ILikesCheese posted...

Your "explanation" was what I had great fun in dismantling and mocking. Once again, the Wii U never sold out. You kids are SO caught up in the whole "Pre-Order" thing, be it for the Wii U or the Xbox One vs. the PS4, yet are completely ignorant in terms of how those pre-orders work and the level of their significance. However, I know a terminal case of Denialism (or thick-headedness) when I see it, so trying to talk sense to you is obviously a pointless exercise

"All those Wii U's on the shelf last year were due to cancelled pre-orders." Oh god, make me laugh some more. Please. Ah....to be young and really stupid again. Wait...I was never that dumb.

:D

You claim to have dismantled and mocked my explanation, but you must have got so caught up in the mocking part that you forgot to do any dismantling. Saying, "Wrong! You're a dumb kid!" is certainly not dismantling my explanation.

Call me anything you would like, but it won't help your argument, and is counter productive if you are arguing that I'm a kid. While arguing how immature someone is (or how someone resembles a kid), I'd say you're best off acting mature yourself. However, calling someone here a kid in a mocking fashion is immature in itself, so I don't know if having mature responses would help your case much anyway.

I do however see your point and I'm fine in saying the claim "the Wii U sold out" is debatable and iffy and depends on your interpretation of "sold out". If it being easy to purchase the day after it was launched means it was not sold out, then the Wii U was not sold out. But it was still very difficult, if not impossible, for one to pre-order a Wii U near its launch because it was "sold out" in almost all stores.
#78TreGoodaPosted 9/30/2013 11:22:31 AM
PS4 is for the 13 year old kiddies and the unemployed joes. XBOX One is for the career adult and the Wii U is fun for all.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#79Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 6:21:14 AM
New 3D World trailer here:

http://youtu.be/wLOKVABfrzw
#80brawl__08Posted 10/2/2013 6:42:24 AM
This thread is a mess, christ.
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif