Quite honestly, I'm sick of "Double Helix is crap" being the only thing...

#1Solid SonicPosted 9/26/2013 2:35:01 PM
...people can offer as a reason to back away from KI.

Never have I seen such a shallow justification for hating a game.
---
[Hold for better signature.]
#2The_NightwingPosted 9/26/2013 2:36:25 PM
Microsoft is crap.
Is that better?
#3NatatteruPosted 9/26/2013 2:38:03 PM
Natatteru posted...
I really want to get hyped for this, but on a gameplay level it seems pretty bad:
Long combos that do no damage after a few hits, the reason UNiB died so close after release before its patch.
Way too easy combo breakers as of the EVO build.
The mixup game seems pretty weak so far, although that's KI...
Invincibility frames on grabs (really...? why would you do that).
X-Factor like mechanic (again, why?)
Ridiculously high hit stop. Seriously, it seems like you could drink some water every time you connected a hit and could still continue your combo.
I remember reading that Jago can blockstun infinite you in some circumstances, probably with his X Factor... seriously, does Double Helix think that's a good thing? They even said he could, so it's intended.
No finishers (yet)

Ultras are pretty cool, but seeing them in every match gets old, much like Fatalities in MK9.

And then there's character designs, however I think Sadira looks better than any other character yet, much better than when she was first teased. Orchid looks fine, not what I was expecting though. Glacius looks weird, but I'm not sure how to feel yet. Thunder looks terrible, good job making him look nothing like Chief Thunder and more like T. Hawk. Sabrewulf is a rat, not a wolf. Jago looks baad, but then again he's a monk so it kinda makes sense.

Then there is the thing about 6 characters at launch and that everyone is gonna play Jago online because free version, but I won't go any deeper into that.

I still want to like this though, and I'm sure at a casual level this could be a blast, but I can't put my competitive player side aside when I play fighting games.

TL;DR: KI might be pretty fun at a casual level, but has flaws on a competitive level that are deterring me from getting excited for it

---
3DS: 3239-2567-4999 PSN: NatatBW XBL: Natatdood
Mains: P4A: Liz - BBCSX: Bang - AE: Cammy/Ibuki - 3s: Makoto - MBAACC: H-VSion/C-Ryougi - Dragon's Crown: Elf
#482xenoPosted 9/26/2013 2:38:41 PM
Solid Sonic posted...

Silly pay structure?
720p?

There is more than just the developer that is reason to stay clear of this game. Unless you think playing against Jago 95% of the time online is riveting.
---
Shwing
#5mmm_BabyBoyPosted 9/26/2013 2:38:56 PM
Where have you been? Mostly people are saying because it's F2P and limited characters is why you should back away.
#6BkzIzuPosted 9/26/2013 2:39:17 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Reflex-ArcPosted 9/26/2013 2:39:35 PM
*mashes button*

I dunno guys, game seems fine to me.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#8SavageTrooperPosted 9/26/2013 2:39:49 PM
Solid Sonic posted...

Ok, what games have they made that were really good? Or good enough to reboot an SNES classic? None. All their games were bad, juss like the way KI will be.
#9BkzIzuPosted 9/26/2013 2:40:00 PM
Lets see
* 6 characters at launch
* 8 characters and the costumes for $40 (8 characters lol)
* The mascot of the series isn't even in the original 6 lineup
* They decided to put "new" characters over Fulgore,Cinder,etc.
* F2P
* Missing Arcade at launch
* Missing fatalities
#10Solid Sonic(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2013 2:42:53 PM
Well I get paid to invade threads and promote this game so you're not going to change my mind.
---
[Hold for better signature.]