Quite honestly, I'm sick of "Double Helix is crap" being the only thing...

#51RybalPosted 9/27/2013 7:11:51 AM
Honestly, it would be nice if you could try out any player in practice mode.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade
#52zephirrainesPosted 9/27/2013 7:31:15 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
zephirraines posted...

How do you play them without buying them first in every other game genius?! My god you people are desperate.

Because I have all the characters for one price. I can try them all.

Then buy them all for $20. Is math so hard for some people. Less characters so game costs less money.
#53zephirrainesPosted 9/27/2013 7:33:36 AM
Muryo posted...
pigman2003 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Lets see
* 6 characters at launch
* 8 characters and the costumes for $40 (8 characters lol)
* The mascot of the series isn't even in the original 6 lineup
* They decided to put "new" characters over Fulgore,Cinder,etc.
* F2P
* Missing Arcade at launch
* Missing fatalities

Okay a few things

8 Characters for only $40 isn't to bad, it isn't full priced and on top of that you get the original game
If the characters are good then it shouldn't matter who's excluded, they might be DLC later on
First you say it's $40 then you say it's F2P, stop being an idiot
This game isn't Mortal Kombat, deal with it.

Yet it still bad and you are willing to accept a brand new game a little "bad" ? *claps slowly*

Its 8 chars for $20. Thats fair considering none of the whiners complained about persona 4 arena having only 13 characters and costing more.
#54embrandedonePosted 9/27/2013 8:07:01 AM
The_Nightwing posted...
Microsoft is crap.
Is that better?

10/10
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#55Special-EddPosted 9/27/2013 8:50:15 AM
pigman2003 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Lets see
* 6 characters at launch
* F2P
* Missing fatalities

Okay a few things

8 Characters for only $40 isn't to bad, it isn't full priced and on top of that you get the original game
If the characters are good then it shouldn't matter who's excluded, they might be DLC later on

It is actually $20 dollars for 8 characters. If you want all the costumes and the original game as well, then you shell out the extra 20.

Also the people who actually play fighting games don't even bother with arcade mode. In fact they'd be more upset if there was no training mode. Arcade mode is probably just going to be the typical tower of enemies until you get to the final boss and get an "ending," to the game.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#56Special-EddPosted 9/27/2013 8:51:30 AM
Rybal posted...
Honestly, it would be nice if you could try out any player in practice mode.

Agreed. It certainly would make picking and choosing which characters you want a lot easier.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#57SavageTrooperPosted 9/27/2013 9:06:28 AM
fuchikoma posted...
SavageTrooper posted...
zephirraines posted...
I think this pay structure is brilliant. Pay for the chars you want only. I dont remember people whining about p4 arena only having 13 characters but costing more.

Haha, wow. How can you want to buy a character if you can't even try them? Lol. What are you going to do, watch videos of people who did buy them, then buy then yourself, and what happens if they don't play like you expected?

Sorry, its a terrible scheme to make money. And regarding P4, it had alot lot content on it. It has story and arcade modes, plus practice mode. With KI you only get versus and online. And its funny how you compare 6 character roster (KI) and 13 (P4) when you will spend more on KI when more characters release at $5 a pop.

Simple... you play online with your free Jago and you get totally bodied by someone playing as a pay character and decide that's a character worth picking up.

Thats not the same as being able to actually try out and demo the character, just because someone used them very well, does not mean you will be able to.
#58SavageTrooperPosted 9/27/2013 9:15:12 AM
zephirraines posted...
Muryo posted...
pigman2003 posted...
BkzIzu posted...
Lets see
* 6 characters at launch
* F2P
* Missing fatalities

Okay a few things

Yet it still bad and you are willing to accept a brand new game a little "bad" ? *claps slowly*

Its 8 chars for $20. Thats fair considering none of the whiners complained about persona 4 arena having only 13 characters and costing more.

Haha its funny that you still use persona as an example after i already told you why no one complained. The game offers alot of content, its a full finished game. Not a DLC cash grab.
#59Hvv0l24n9Posted 9/27/2013 9:23:20 AM
What's funny to me is that actual gamers in the FGC say this game is shaping up well. Because... well... they've actually played it.

20 for 8 characters isn't bad.
Adding characters through more seasons isn't bad. It keeps the community unified.
They said they'd add No Mercy finishers if people are interested.
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#60zephirrainesPosted 9/27/2013 9:28:17 AM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
What's funny to me is that actual gamers in the FGC say this game is shaping up well. Because... well... they've actually played it.

20 for 8 characters isn't bad.
Adding characters through more seasons isn't bad. It keeps the community unified.
They said they'd add No Mercy finishers if people are interested.

I agree. I prefer this method than paying 60 just for an ultimate version to come out a year later. Whiners will whine though. Heaven forbid they simply decide the game is not for them and move on with their lives.