EA cancels the NCAA Football series

#11_Elite_Bushido_Posted 9/27/2013 4:52:21 AM
ReggieBush09 posted...
so no ones sad that EA won't get to make a new college game on the xbox one?

Maybe it was for the best I guess.

way too many teams for me to give a damn tbh. curious on how madden really looks
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#12blitz_0623Posted 9/27/2013 4:53:22 AM
ReggieBush09 posted...
hahahaha

no NCAA football 15 for xbox one users :D

Don't worry, you can still watch NCAAF via the Xbox One
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#13TheRealPhattyJPosted 9/27/2013 5:17:46 AM
Grovel posted...
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
This was inevitable after they lost the NCAA license.

It had to do with the players suing because their likeness was being used without payment. The problem is with the NCAA not wanting to pay the players. When these players make millions for their schools it's kind of screwed up that they don't get a dollar.

yea how dare they givet free educations worth hundreds of thousands of dollars each without paying those students more....
#14Madness2012Posted 9/27/2013 5:23:28 AM
I really enjoyed the NCAA franchise,it's a shame it gor canceled....
#15coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/27/2013 5:36:32 AM
Grovel posted...

It had to do with the players suing because their likeness was being used without payment. The problem is with the NCAA not wanting to pay the players. When these players make millions for their schools it's kind of screwed up that they don't get a dollar.

Yeah I knew the reasoning behind it. It was an ongoing issue for years. I'm surprised EA and the NCAA held out this long. I have always felt that the NCAA should pay student athletes for performing. They make billions off the backs and hard work these men and women do on the field,courts,pools,etc... And yet if they sign THEIR autographs on any item and sell it they are crucified and punished. The NCAA is a joke and EA was dead wrong for using player's likenesses without compensating them.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#16coltsfan4ever31Posted 9/27/2013 5:42:11 AM
ReggieBush09 posted...

I'm disappointed because I like the NCAA games more then Madden. But I always knew this was inevitable after the first lawsuits started flying towards EA and the NCAA. It's cheaper to just drop the franchise then continue to fight a losing battle that would cost them millions every year.
---
---"If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
#17Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/27/2013 6:15:31 AM
Grovel posted...

It's not screwed up when you understand the economics and other issues behind not paying them. Not to mention these guys and gals get a free f***ing education which is f***ing priceless. You can keep spouting the hypocritical musings of ESPN though.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#18Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/27/2013 6:19:01 AM
ReggieBush09 posted...

I'm disappointed because I like the NCAA games more then Madden. But I always knew this was inevitable after the first lawsuits started flying towards EA and the NCAA. It's cheaper to just drop the franchise then continue to fight a losing battle that would cost them millions every year.

Madden games are much better and more innovative than the NCAA games. Also, that quote from Lombardi is laughably ignorant and I hope he was joking.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#191GATORFANPosted 9/27/2013 11:55:53 AM
I'm a huge sports fan so it does sadden me as I bought it every year for I don't know how long and it always got me more pumped for the up coming season.

I agree EA could have done a better job this gen but now I have no new college football game. Good thing 14 is decent but I bet EA just forgets about any patches.
#20WartPig_Posted 9/27/2013 12:15:03 PM
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Grovel posted...

yea how dare they givet free educations worth hundreds of thousands of dollars each without paying those students more....

alot of the players only get 50% of their schooling paid for athletic scholarships. and many many more(second string mostly) dont have any schalorship.

the more you know
~**
---
PSN-WartPigX, XBL-WartPig
"people talking without speaking, people hearing without listening"