In The Market For A New TV Next Gen

#21ste_1Posted 9/30/2013 8:17:35 AM
SONY W6 range is the best for gaming atm.
#22BilliePilgrimPosted 9/30/2013 9:02:03 AM
eAsymAc187 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
Have some image retention issues (thanks to my wife) and I've been looking into a new TV as well.

So far, seems like Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony make the best ones. Shop in person if at all possible to actually see what each tv looks like.

Took a trip to best buy, leaning towards those brands as well man, hope you find somethin good.

Don't forget to visit Video Only, because if you don't you'll be sorry.

Geez, it's been months since I left that place and those commercials are still in my head.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4| Corsair H60 | EVGA GTX 670 | MSI P67A-GD55 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | Fractal Design Define XL | 750W PSU
http://tinyurl.com/bsdvav7
#23straymatterPosted 9/30/2013 9:35:17 AM(edited)
iSkadoosh posted...
Depends on if you'll be buying a PS4 or Xbone. If you're just interested in the Xbone it would be a waste of money to go for a 1080p set since very few Xbone games will take advantage of it. Save yourself some money and buy a 720p set that will be optimal for gaming on the Xbone.
I am looking for a display that will have a 1:1 720P (1280x720) for the 360, and 1080P for the 360 and the XBOX.
#24vashtrichamPosted 9/30/2013 10:12:32 AM(edited)
ste_1 posted...
SONY W6 range is the best for gaming atm.

The 55w900a is currently the best gaming tv. Great colors, good blacks, great screen uniformity and 17 ms input delay.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#25ste_1Posted 9/30/2013 10:50:54 AM
Maybe but the w6 has better blacks and no 3d glare off the screen
#26Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/30/2013 11:05:32 AM
eAsymAc187 posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
Have some image retention issues (thanks to my wife) and I've been looking into a new TV as well.

So far, seems like Samsung, Panasonic, and Sony make the best ones. Shop in person if at all possible to actually see what each tv looks like.

Took a trip to best buy, leaning towards those brands as well man, hope you find somethin good.

I'd add Sharp and Toshiba to that list. I don't know why but everything I've purchased from Toshiba has far exceeded my expectations.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#27vashtrichamPosted 9/30/2013 11:10:25 AM
ste_1 posted...

Then its not better for gaming and everything I have read the W9 has the same black levels, better color and better input lag numbers so clearly the W9 is the better gaming tv and its 55 inch
---
#28ste_1Posted 9/30/2013 11:24:45 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29vashtrichamPosted 9/30/2013 11:28:33 AM
ste_1 posted...
vashtricham posted...
ste_1 posted...

Then its not better for gaming and everything I have read the W9 has the same black levels, better color and better input lag numbers so clearly the W9 is the better gaming tv and its 55 inch

w9 is a very good choice of you wany 3D. Seeing as ive owned both tvs is prefer the 2D w6 for gaming , and used a w9 for movies and tv.

Whatever floats your boat but the w9 is superior in every way
---
#30mmm_BabyBoyPosted 9/30/2013 11:45:12 AM
Ha! I remember topics like this when the 360 launched. It's refreshing to see a real topic like this again instead of a console war topic.

I bought a plasma when the 360 launched and I still love the TV and will probably stick with it for another couple years until 4k get better and cheaper.

Most people get LCD and love the picture, but I always see blur, like the colors bleed into each other and it gets muddy looking. I don't know if I have sensitive eyes or what because no one else ever sees it. So perhaps look at the different technologies at Best Buy or something and see if you see any differences like that. For me though, I could probably never get LCD and I'm in love with plasma.

My only complaints with my plasma TV: It runs hot and I think it heats my apartment up (a couple degrees or so) and it's a lot heavier than a similar sized LCD.