Will FFXIV's exclusivity doom the Xbox one?

#1BingSanpaoPosted 9/27/2013 3:11:44 AM
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?
#2xninjagrrlPosted 9/27/2013 3:14:01 AM
Most MMO players are on PC?
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#3FoppePosted 9/27/2013 3:16:14 AM
I remember when it was released.
On PC.
3 years ago.

People tend to play these games on PC.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4Bikes-Posted 9/27/2013 3:18:48 AM
Foppe posted...
I remember when it was released.
On PC.
3 years ago.

People tend to play these games on PC.

I don't think it's quite that old yet, and it was relaunched recently anyway because the first launch was a utter disaster. That being said I doubt we'll ever see a mmo ever break Wow's peak.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#5MasteroftheArtsPosted 9/27/2013 3:24:33 AM
BingSanpao posted...
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?

Oh. You mean that game that was so terrible that they had to re-release it? You mean that game that's already on PS3 and PC? You mean that game that is going to be demolished the second Elder Scrolls Online hits the shelves?

I see FFXIV doing about as much damage as Planetside 2 will do; none at all because they just aren't relevant anymore. Final Fantasy stopped being relevant years ago. Planetside 2 stopped being relevant a decade ago when it released.

Troll Topic.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#6PannerPosted 9/27/2013 3:24:38 AM
BingSanpao posted...

Microsoft had the chance for FFXIV to be on the Xbox One but they wont allow cross platform play, so Square stuck their middle finger up at them.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter
#7chrish909Posted 9/27/2013 3:25:58 AM
An mmo that was released 3 years ago and already had a failed release will be ps4s best exclusive.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#8pigman2003Posted 9/27/2013 3:28:44 AM
I will give you my personal guarantee that FFXlV is not going to be the next WoW.

Don't get me wrong, the comeback that game had was amazing and it's pretty fun, but the fact that it's on PC and PS3 means it wont help determine next gen sales.

Not to mention The Elder scrolls online is coming out which will be a next gen exclusive MMO.
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/27/2013 3:34:53 AM
the only other mmo that had a chance to overtake WoW was Guild Wars 2 but that didn't pan out. But FFIV A Realm Reborn(you should put that in the name to differentiate between this awesome game and FFIV which was utter garbage) is already fun on the PC and PS3 wouldn't need to buy it again
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10scoobydoobydontPosted 9/27/2013 4:14:11 AM
http://abload.de/img/hornoxe.com_gifdump59kkksv.gif
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png