Will FFXIV's exclusivity doom the Xbox one?

#11SunDevil77Posted 9/27/2013 4:31:31 AM
Are you kidding? There are so many more popular MMOs. I'm willing to bet Guild Wars 2 has more players. FFXIV is good, but It will not become the king of MMOs. Especially when WoW still has a couple years
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#12AarksharkPosted 9/27/2013 4:51:11 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...

You mean that game that is going to be demolished the second Elder Scrolls Online hits the shelves?

Uh...
I really don't think ESO is going to demolish anything other than Bethesda's hopes for a successful MMO.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#13bob15xPosted 9/27/2013 4:55:21 AM
BingSanpao posted...
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?

So an MMO that will probably when all is settled with have 1 million subscribers where the majority are on the pc will doom the xbox one. OK sure.
#14roboto_pilotoPosted 9/27/2013 5:35:24 AM
FF XIV got a 39/40 on Famitsu

It's a lot more fun playing it than being in here talking about how its not as good as..." ".

Time to get back to work towards my darklight armor.

Oh, it's the the XDF all in one thread and not surprising none of them are playing the game.
Guess anything that's not on Xbox isn't going to get praise from these guys.
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#15Exodus_PrimePosted 9/27/2013 5:40:57 AM
Sorry I couldn't stop laughing after reading "major blow" I fail to see where that major blow would go to? I tried it on PS3 just not my cup of tea, I liked Defiance, But yeah if anything Guild Wars 2 was more fun.....major blow...lol
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#16RockguyKevPosted 9/27/2013 5:45:54 AM
I played the beta for free at no cost to myself on PC. I quit after a week. Of free. I don't think it will be hurting any sales anywhere.

People that want it already have it. People that don't want it already won't like it.
#17shanafanPosted 9/27/2013 5:48:30 AM
BingSanpao posted...
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?

Oh you are so adorable. Awww. You actually think FF14 will outperform WoW.
---
XBL / PSN / Wii U : shanafan
Wii Friend Code: 8542 2842 2512 6271
#18drclaeysPosted 9/27/2013 7:11:11 AM
Friends,

on this topic:

shanafan posted...
BingSanpao posted...

Oh you are so adorable. Awww. You actually think FF14 will outperform WoW.

Do you remember a game called EverQuest? There was a time, when noone thought WOW would get more players then EQ. Fads come and go. You just have to old enough to remember them all. Of course, by that time, you memory is crap, and you remember nothing.

Who knows that the future will hold. Long live the xBone.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#19BlitzJuggernautPosted 9/27/2013 7:15:23 AM
Exclusives won't doom the Xbox One, Microsoft did a thorough job of that by themselves.
---
PSN/Steam: BlitzDreadnought | XBL: BlitzJuggernaut
Everyone on this site seems to either be a biased crybaby or a troll; I know who I'm siding with. #TROLOLOL
#20Madridiq8ePosted 9/27/2013 7:20:10 AM
The Elder Scrolls online is coming soon .. maybe it'll be the biggest MMO who knows