Will FFXIV's exclusivity doom the Xbox one?

#21atopp399Posted 9/27/2013 8:22:18 AM
One title, especially a subscription based games, will not have much of any effect on how well one console does over the other.
#22jZangetsu21Posted 9/27/2013 8:29:50 AM
Lots of people play this on the PS3 but I don't think it'll make a difference.

This game isn't that great anyway.
#23XenobowPosted 9/27/2013 9:44:27 AM
jZangetsu21 posted...
Lots of people play this on the PS3 but I don't think it'll make a difference.

This game isn't that great anyway.
#24BingSanpao(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 2:43:54 AM
shanafan posted...
BingSanpao posted...
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?

Oh you are so adorable. Awww. .

Thank you.
#25aiyobroPosted 10/1/2013 2:48:14 AM(edited)
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
the only other mmo that had a chance to overtake WoW was Guild Wars 2 but that didn't pan out. But FFIV A Realm Reborn(you should put that in the name to differentiate between this awesome game and FFIV which was utter garbage) is already fun on the PC and PS3 wouldn't need to buy it again

FFIV is amazing, you mean FFXIV

I would much rather play FFIV then some stupid subscription based grind machine
#26djrudenPosted 10/1/2013 5:22:48 AM
I wouldn't say Xbone is DOOMED because of FF14 but it is definitely a big blow. Especially since they announced that owners of the PS3 version will get the ps4 version free. That means the cost of entry into the new console will only be the $400 to get the ps4 hardware and if you are a FF14 player then you got the game already and there is no more cost aside from the monthly sub you were already paying. That's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me and one I will probably take up if I am still enjoying FF14 like I am now come early next year.

Strange that MS didn't do more to get an online game like this on their system considering how much they paid S-E to port FF13 to the 360. Big mistake that will likely cost them the niche fans of JRPG's. Xbone is a confirmed dudebro machine which will only get them so far.
#27Fou LuPosted 10/1/2013 5:45:59 AM
djruden posted...

Strange that MS didn't do more to get an online game like this on their system considering how much they paid S-E to port FF13 to the 360. Big mistake that will likely cost them the niche fans of JRPG's. Xbone is a confirmed dudebro machine which will only get them so far.

They didn't pay them.... Square Enix wants money, so they released their game to both consoles so they could get a wider audience and more money.

And no, a few months from now, FF14 will be another dead MMO. The free month isn't even up yet, and once it is, you'll see the numbers drop. You NEVER judge an MMO's success in the first month, NEVER.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#28djrudenPosted 10/1/2013 5:49:30 AM
Fou Lu posted...
djruden posted...

They didn't pay them.... Square Enix wants money, so they released their game to both consoles so they could get a wider audience and more money.

And no, a few months from now, FF14 will be another dead MMO. The free month isn't even up yet, and once it is, you'll see the numbers drop. You NEVER judge an MMO's success in the first month, NEVER.

FF11 is still kicking 10 years later and still seeing new content and expansions. S-E has proven they want to make FF14 just as successful by not giving up after the first poor launch. I'm pretty sure it won't be 'dead' in a handful of months. The Final Fantasy name still carries weight with it's fan base. Maybe not you, but a lot of people will still buy on that name alone.
#29chrish909Posted 10/1/2013 5:57:22 AM
The game will be dead in months.
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.
#30yanksfan4247Posted 10/1/2013 6:06:49 AM
Its such a huge blow that Microsoft will still get FF15. You know the game that will probably sell millions of copies.

Who would pay for gold and a MMO subscription anyways?
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer