Will FFXIV's exclusivity doom the Xbox one?

#31Sniper_BrosefPosted 10/1/2013 6:56:54 AM
Bikes- posted...
Foppe posted...
I remember when it was released.
On PC.
3 years ago.

People tend to play these games on PC.

I don't think it's quite that old yet, and it was relaunched recently anyway because the first launch was a utter disaster. That being said I doubt we'll ever see a mmo ever break Wow's peak.

My thoughts exactly. The MMO craze that built Blizzard is going to drop exponentially at this point. That fad had it's time and now it should wind down.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#32studepaberPosted 10/1/2013 7:26:07 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Bikes- posted...
Foppe posted...
I remember when it was released.
On PC.
3 years ago.

People tend to play these games on PC.

I don't think it's quite that old yet, and it was relaunched recently anyway because the first launch was a utter disaster. That being said I doubt we'll ever see a mmo ever break Wow's peak.

My thoughts exactly. The MMO craze that built Blizzard is going to drop exponentially at this point. That fad had it's time and now it should wind down.

^^^ What he said.
#33zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 7:32:53 AM
You mean that game that failed so bad they had to redo it from scratch. Oh and the fanboys defended it then too. Its going to be a ghost town in a few months again so no.
#34LovecraftiangodPosted 10/1/2013 7:43:59 AM
Doom the Xbox one no hurt yes. Every game that Xbox looses out on hurts it. Ps4 already has the lead in online games and it will only grow. The thing that will doom the Xbox are the anti-consumer policies they tried to intact and will bring back little by little.
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#35Ramsus082Posted 10/1/2013 11:05:16 AM
1080p/60fps confirmed on the PS4 version, sweet!
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#36Hucast9Posted 10/1/2013 11:55:52 AM(edited)
BingSanpao posted...
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?

I think that it wont hurt it too much, but Microsoft is damn stupid for not allowing it on their system that's for sure. It's almost as if they're trying to keep something secret by not allowing multi console games on the Xbox One. I personally do want to get into FFXIV at some point soon. I've played FFXI on-line for close to 9 years now.
#37zephirrainesPosted 10/1/2013 12:05:43 PM
Hucast9 posted...
BingSanpao posted...
With WoW numbers dwindling, FFXIV is bound the become the biggest MMO on the market and its PS4 exclusivity is a major blow for Microsoft. Do you think the One will be able to secure an alternative MMO?

I think that it wont hurt it too much, but Microsoft is damn stupid for not allowing it on their system that's for sure. It's almost as if they're trying to keep something secret by not allowing multi console games on the Xbox One. I personally do want to get into FFXIV at some point soon. I've played FFXI on-line for close to 9 years now.

Considering ff14 will fail AGAIN i think they made a smart move.
#38mindoftwomoronsPosted 10/1/2013 12:38:51 PM
If FFXIV is a PS4 exclusive? According to a fair number of people who argue against Titanfalls exclusivity I would say it isn't.
---
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p567/monkeyofevil/aguwargrey.gif http://i.imgur.com/u2FewN1.gif
#39AzaneAzerPosted 10/1/2013 12:43:14 PM
ff14 is nothing special, it had a pretty big release, but they pretty much took FF11 and Wow-atized it, and came up with something between 11 and WoW.

If you want a WoW-like, just play WoW, if you want the FF11 feel, the game still exists, the cross-breed isn't very good, and the "new MMO" smell is already wearing out, as 14's end-game isn't retaining, which end-game retention is the lifeblood of MMOs (This is why only WoW and EQ have had any kind of longevity)