Why must the XBone be online on day one for a patch to remove the DRM?

#1LICKWIDPAlNPosted 9/27/2013 5:34:43 AM
Can't they just put the patch on disks like they do now? That would help a bunch.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#2GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/27/2013 5:41:02 AM
Come on man let's be honest most ppl who are picking up this system have an online connection so why should MS have to put anything on a disk.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#3MrSpaM111Posted 9/27/2013 5:41:49 AM
And for the people who can't afford to buy a game when they get the system? you can't just leave them with bricked consoles until they pay up for a game.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#4bob15xPosted 9/27/2013 5:46:53 AM
Look at that, three posters, 2 are known trolls and the TC Fails as usual on providing accurate information because it has already been stated so many times that the patch has nothing to do with drm removal.
#5LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 5:52:17 AM
bob15x posted...
Look at that, three posters, 2 are known trolls and the TC Fails as usual on providing accurate information because it has already been stated so many times that the patch has nothing to do with drm removal.

Well I know the DRM ain't going anywhere. It's just in stasis till they hit peak saturation but please inform us.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#6DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/27/2013 5:56:04 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
And for the people who can't afford to buy a game when they get the system? you can't just leave them with bricked consoles until they pay up for a game.

What the hell are you buying an XB1 for? As a Bluray player???

It honestly has like no features for offline. Or are you actually buying it for TV?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#7MrSpaM111Posted 9/27/2013 5:58:45 AM
bob15x posted...

Claiming people are trolls, and then not backing up what your saying with a source is ridiculous.

Please point me in the direction of the MS employee that has stated the day 1 patch has nothing to do with DRM removal.

Until then keep your opinions to yourself.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#8LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 6:03:59 AM(edited)
MrSpaM111 posted...
bob15x posted...

Claiming people are trolls, and then not backing up what your saying with a source is ridiculous.

Please point me in the direction of the MS employee that has stated the day 1 patch has nothing to do with DRM removal.

Until then keep your opinions to yourself.

Don't even bother with him. He has been stalking me for weeks.

Is it possible to make a topic without insecure Xbots leaping on innocent posters?
---
#9GambitbuzzkillPosted 9/27/2013 6:04:01 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
bob15x posted...

Well I know the DRM ain't going anywhere. It's just in stasis till they hit peak saturation but please inform us.

So your still trying to spin this whole DRM crap, dude just let it go and move on.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#10LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 6:05:30 AM
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
bob15x posted...

So your still trying to spin this whole DRM crap, dude just let it go and move on.

That's not spin that is truth. Just pay attention to MS's actions and wording.
---