Why must the XBone be online on day one for a patch to remove the DRM?

#41ILikesCheesePosted 9/27/2013 7:52:09 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
It's ridiculous that the term troll is just being blanket slapped over anybody who has anything negative to say about your holy grail (The Xbox One.)

That's just how the MICROSOFT DEFENSE FORCE rolls.

Be they deluded fanboys or glorified tele-marketers working the forums for Microsoft's PR department.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#42LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:52:41 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Can't they just put the patch on disks like they do now? That would help a bunch.

The answer is simple:

Including a pack-in disk to update the Xbox One's firmware would cost Microsoft MONEY. First adopters no doubt have an internet connection and for them this is not an issue. Just look at many of the above comments.

BUT for customers down the line this does indeed reek of a very Non-Consumer Friendly maneuver.

But hey....par for the course with this company, right?

:D

Uhh, packaging the Kinect is costing them money. A hundred bucks to be exact. Now there is no way they would throw away a hundred bucks unless there is a way to make a return. That's just how MS rolls. So lets see, mandatory day one online connection and Kinect but no CD that cist like 75 cents ...hmm...
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#43ILikesCheesePosted 9/27/2013 7:53:38 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
That's just how the MICROSOFT DEFENSE FORCE rolls.

Be they deluded fanboys or glorified tele-marketers working the forums for Microsoft's PR department.

I say "glorified", but seriously, WHO aspires to THAT career path? LOL!

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#44MrSpaM111Posted 9/27/2013 7:57:21 AM(edited)
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
See why can't more people come at me like this poster he agrees/disagrees with a few of my points of view and discussed about it in a well mannered state without name calling or assuming I'm defending something.

And yet,
"And the award for best innocent poster act goes to.....*LICKWIDPAIN* for the best supporting role goes to MrSpam well for you know regularly Spamming on this board...Is it just me or is there always like a back up troll to the troll posting topics like this on this board"

Don't expect civil conversations if you aren't civil yourself. it's like you people still don't know how to deal with trolls.

This didn't start as a troll topic, it became that when I got personally attacked for stating that having the update available only on discs would mean anybody who didn't buy a game wouldn't be able to use their console until they did, which is the truth. I fail to see how that makes me a troll, can somebody please explain to me how that makes me a troll? Whats the problem exactly with people buying the XBO for things other than playing games? considering Microsoft have said themselves it's not just a games console. Why does responding like that deserve a barrage of personal abuse?

I swear people don't even bother reading posts any more, they just see your username and go in for the kill.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#45LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:58:49 AM
redeyes6778 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Can't they just put the patch on disks like they do now? That would help a bunch.

Deal with it or just buy a PS4 that never needs a connection to the internet ever to play offline physical disc games

The last time someone from MS said "deal with it" it did not work out too well. You sure you want to keep pushing that?
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#46LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 7:59:29 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...

So according ti the XBone defense force, trolling is ok. You heard it here first folks!

As long as you're trolling trolls, yes. You don't do that though. You spend hours everyday trying to spread misinformation in the hopes of ruining people's lives. You're sociopathic tendencies are alarming and I'd recommend you see a therapist. Maybe talk to them about that time daddy touched you in your no-no place?

I've heard it all now! talking negative about the XBO is ruining peoples lives! I might have to change my sig to link to this instead, this is hilarious! If there was ever any evidence people care about this console way too much this is it, brilliant!

So lets recap :-

If you have anything negative to say it's deemed 'misinformation'
If you have anything negative to say your ruining peoples lives
If you have anything negative to say, you need to seek medical help
If you have anything negative to say you were obviously abused as a child

Listen to yourself man, seriously. How can you possibly be calling people out as trolls when your talking to people like that, I've heard of people being hypocritical before but this is ridiculous, you've taken it to a whole new level.

These guys are nuts!
---
#47blitz_0623Posted 9/27/2013 8:00:27 AM(edited)
MrSpaM111 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
See why can't more people come at me like this poster he agrees/disagrees with a few of my points of view and discussed about it in a well mannered state without name calling or assuming I'm defending something.

And yet,
"And the award for best innocent poster act goes to.....*LICKWIDPAIN* for the best supporting role goes to MrSpam well for you know regularly Spamming on this board...Is it just me or is there always like a back up troll to the troll posting topics like this on this board"

Don't expect civil conversations if you aren't civil yourself. it's like you people still don't know how to deal with trolls.

This didn't start as a troll topic, it became that when I got personally attacked for stating that having the update available only on discs would mean anybody who didn't buy a game wouldn't be able to use their console until they did, which is the truth. I fail to see how that makes me a troll, can somebody please explain to me how that makes me a troll? Whats the problem exactly with people buying the XBO for things other than playing games? considering Microsoft have said themselves it's not just a games console. Why does responding like that deserve a barrage of personal abuse?

I swear people don't even bother reading posts any more, they just see your username and go in for the kill.

I'm not calling you a troll. And frankly, I don't care if you are.

My point is if that guy labels you a troll, he should just ignore you, but instead he takes the elitist path and expects a civil response.
---
The purpose of this signature is to allow me to post in ALL CAPS
#48MrSpaM111Posted 9/27/2013 8:09:20 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

And yet,

I'm not calling you a troll. And frankly, I don't care if you are.

My point is if that guy labels you a troll, he should just ignore you, but instead he takes the elitist path and expects a civil response.

Exactly!
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#49CyberneticRatPosted 9/27/2013 8:15:53 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
So lets see, mandatory day one online connection and Kinect but no CD that cist like 75 cents ...hmm...

75 cents X millions of customers + shipping costs all around the world = sacks and sacks of money.

It's not as cheap or easy as you say.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#50LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:53:17 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
So lets see, mandatory day one online connection and Kinect but no CD that cist like 75 cents ...hmm...

75 cents X millions of customers + shipping costs all around the world = sacks and sacks of money.

It's not as cheap or easy as you say.

It's cheaper than Kinect. Last time I checked, a CD did not cost $100 dollars.
---