Why must the XBone be online on day one for a patch to remove the DRM?

#51gray_fox_00Posted 9/27/2013 7:57:45 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
See why can't more people come at me like this poster he agrees/disagrees with a few of my points of view and discussed about it in a well mannered state without name calling or assuming I'm defending something. Now to the subject matter, I agree the user base that do not use it for online are potential loss of sales and they should find a different way to approach them instead of scaring them with the DRM title you know? now for the matter of consumers being turned off because of the patch, I would think and hope that Microsoft fixes the new batch of consoles that won't need a internet patch and just play offline right out of the box, which I think is what they will do with their future shipments, you know eventually there will be upgraded models and such. I believe the day patch is just for the launch shipment consoles until they figure out when or if they will build ones without needing the patch.

I know it's a bit silly having to drag the console to a friends house or to a library with screen in hand, but hey I remember when I was little I would take my PS1 or my Dreamcast to my friends house because they didn't have one and I wanted to do some couch co-op. But reason being I brought up those points is to give out more options you know to those who do not game or use internet. Good discussing with you sir.

I'm sure they'll include the patch in future batches, but it just surprises me that they'd give the people already critical of some of the details that have come out about the One another thing to lock on to. I can see it pissing off a few less informed people that have saved up to get one at launch, setting it up at home, then turning it on to find out they can't do anything with it because they don't have an internet connection.

I mean I've come across a good number of people that were either turned off or at least put on the fence about the one even after most of their concerns were alleviated. A bad or concerning first impression can take a bit to fix. Microsoft doesn't need another reason for those uneasy consumers to walk away.

And I agree, it's actually refreshing to have civil discussions with someone. I don't see what's so hard about it.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#52Satchmo25Posted 9/27/2013 8:21:31 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
See why can't more people come at me like this poster he agrees/disagrees with a few of my points of view and discussed about it in a well mannered state without name calling or assuming I'm defending something.

And yet,
"And the award for best innocent poster act goes to.....*LICKWIDPAIN* for the best supporting role goes to MrSpam well for you know regularly Spamming on this board...Is it just me or is there always like a back up troll to the troll posting topics like this on this board"

Don't expect civil conversations if you aren't civil yourself. it's like you people still don't know how to deal with trolls.

This didn't start as a troll topic, it became that when I got personally attacked for stating that having the update available only on discs would mean anybody who didn't buy a game wouldn't be able to use their console until they did, which is the truth. I fail to see how that makes me a troll, can somebody please explain to me how that makes me a troll? Whats the problem exactly with people buying the XBO for things other than playing games? considering Microsoft have said themselves it's not just a games console. Why does responding like that deserve a barrage of personal abuse?

I swear people don't even bother reading posts any more, they just see your username and go in for the kill.

Yes it did, look at the TC, you have to be pretty dumb to not see it's a troll topic. Now you were saying?
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#53LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 8:25:45 AM
Satchmo25 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
See why can't more people come at me like this poster he agrees/disagrees with a few of my points of view and discussed about it in a well mannered state without name calling or assuming I'm defending something.

And yet,
"And the award for best innocent poster act goes to.....*LICKWIDPAIN* for the best supporting role goes to MrSpam well for you know regularly Spamming on this board...Is it just me or is there always like a back up troll to the troll posting topics like this on this board"

Don't expect civil conversations if you aren't civil yourself. it's like you people still don't know how to deal with trolls.

This didn't start as a troll topic, it became that when I got personally attacked for stating that having the update available only on discs would mean anybody who didn't buy a game wouldn't be able to use their console until they did, which is the truth. I fail to see how that makes me a troll, can somebody please explain to me how that makes me a troll? Whats the problem exactly with people buying the XBO for things other than playing games? considering Microsoft have said themselves it's not just a games console. Why does responding like that deserve a barrage of personal abuse?

I swear people don't even bother reading posts any more, they just see your username and go in for the kill.

Yes it did, look at the TC, you have to be pretty dumb to not see it's a troll topic. Now you were saying?

It's not a troll topic. Why are you attacking people? I asked a question.
Why do Xbots attack people for asking questions and telling the truth?
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#54assassin10133Posted 9/27/2013 8:33:20 AM
gray_fox_00 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
See why can't more people come at me like this poster he agrees/disagrees with a few of my points of view and discussed about it in a well mannered state without name calling or assuming I'm defending something. Now to the subject matter, I agree the user base that do not use it for online are potential loss of sales and they should find a different way to approach them instead of scaring them with the DRM title you know? now for the matter of consumers being turned off because of the patch, I would think and hope that Microsoft fixes the new batch of consoles that won't need a internet patch and just play offline right out of the box, which I think is what they will do with their future shipments, you know eventually there will be upgraded models and such. I believe the day patch is just for the launch shipment consoles until they figure out when or if they will build ones without needing the patch.

I know it's a bit silly having to drag the console to a friends house or to a library with screen in hand, but hey I remember when I was little I would take my PS1 or my Dreamcast to my friends house because they didn't have one and I wanted to do some couch co-op. But reason being I brought up those points is to give out more options you know to those who do not game or use internet. Good discussing with you sir.

I'm sure they'll include the patch in future batches, but it just surprises me that they'd give the people already critical of some of the details that have come out about the One another thing to lock on to. I can see it pissing off a few less informed people that have saved up to get one at launch, setting it up at home, then turning it on to find out they can't do anything with it because they don't have an internet connection.

I mean I've come across a good number of people that were either turned off or at least put on the fence about the one even after most of their concerns were alleviated. A bad or concerning first impression can take a bit to fix. Microsoft doesn't need another reason for those uneasy consumers to walk away.

And I agree, it's actually refreshing to have civil discussions with someone. I don't see what's so hard about it.

I posted the same thing earlier about future batches not needing the patch as they should already have it from factory and this update mainly affecting launch consoles. I also agree with other posters who've stated most if not all of the launch owners more than likely have internet so it will probably be mostly a non issue, would still be convenient to have it on a game disc though. Lugging it to a friends house is possible and quite frankly I don't find it trouble at all, but some people will. I don't see the update requirement to be much of an issue when it comes down to it, but as we all know it only takes a few people to raise a big fuss and yell louder than everyone else for bad press to be had over it, and that's almost inevitable.
#55assassin10133Posted 9/27/2013 8:40:23 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
Satchmo25 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

And yet,

It's not a troll topic. Why are you attacking people? I asked a question.
Why do Xbots attack people for asking questions and telling the truth?

To answer your original question about just putting the update on a game disc like they do now, only thing I can think of is the patch won't be ready by the time said game discs ship to the stores. The launch games on disc need time to copy the games to the disc, package, ship etc etc and that needs to be done x amount of time before the 22nd, by having it and online update they can continue to work on the patch basically until launch day to make sure it won't brick anything. Beyond that I can't really see any other reason not to also put it on game discs.
#56CyberneticRatPosted 9/27/2013 8:56:11 AM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
So lets see, mandatory day one online connection and Kinect but no CD that cist like 75 cents ...hmm...

75 cents X millions of customers + shipping costs all around the world = sacks and sacks of money.

It's not as cheap or easy as you say.

It's cheaper than Kinect. Last time I checked, a CD did not cost $100 dollars.

Yes, it is cheaper than Kinect but what does that have to do with anything? You're saying they should fork out another truckload of cash to ship CDs to everyone?
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#57PsychoGatesPosted 9/27/2013 9:01:23 AM
TC is a known troll and no matter how many times he denies it it's topics like this that prove it time and time again.

The day one patch is not to take away the DRM, that was said starting with the apology letter when the DRM removal was announced. And then subsequent Q&A articles also referenced it.

The TC probably thinks hes pretty clever, its just too bad his best work in life is on a video game forum for a console he has no interest in trying to impress and convince a bunch of 16 year olds.

But I guess if that's your life goal...
#58PudgeisafishPosted 9/27/2013 9:11:36 AM
Why do people use phones to communicate rather than just driving to a persons work place or home to chat?

Convenience.
#59Hi CPosted 9/27/2013 9:17:02 AM
Patching out the DRM means it is still there at the hardware level. 100% chance Microsoft repatches it back in later on down the line after people are invested and can't do anything about it.

Enjoy DRM box.
---
You'll be my John G.
#60EllesarienPosted 9/27/2013 9:20:52 AM
Hehe..You look at the TC and the first toolbox to agree with him and you just have to shake your head at how pathetic they really are.

They spend THEIR ENTIRE DAY on a board about a product they hate.

I seriously want you to understand how broken someone must be to ENJOY that as a hobby.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.