Vertical Orientation Not Supported on Xbox One, Could Damage Console

#11ejay8320Posted 9/27/2013 8:28:44 AM
Lovecraftiangod posted...
Wouldn't setting it vertically put a lot of strain on the top fan

Most Desktop PC's have their CPU fan/heatsink literally hanging(held by 4 screws & bolts) from the Mobo.
#12CyberneticRatPosted 9/27/2013 8:29:55 AM
Does this mean the PS4 can't stand on its side as well since you know... it's like a parallelogram or something?
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#13AlexanaxelaPosted 9/27/2013 8:40:56 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Alexanaxela posted...
VanderZoo posted...
You can tell just by looking at it that it wasn't designed to be stood vertically.

... it's a 3d rectangle...

That's obviously going to be wobbly if standing on its side due to how long it is in respect to how tall it is in its designed orientation.

That's the point.

the point is bad design?
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#14Reflex-ArcPosted 9/27/2013 8:49:54 AM
Alexanaxela posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
Alexanaxela posted...
VanderZoo posted...
You can tell just by looking at it that it wasn't designed to be stood vertically.

That's obviously going to be wobbly if standing on its side due to how long it is in respect to how tall it is in its designed orientation.

That's the point.

the point is bad design?

That is a matter of opinion.

They designed the console to fit it in stylisticly with with AV components, most of which are rectangular and oriented horizontally.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#15gray_fox_00Posted 9/27/2013 9:03:11 AM
With so many people saying XBONE and Xboners, the first thing that came to mind it that you can never get your XBONE up.

On topic, it doesn't really concern me. I'm sure I can find a little spot for it to lay flat.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#16sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 9:17:46 AM
if it could stand maybe it will raise the price
well i wouldn't worry if my xbone couldn't stand, on the other hand if my other *one couldn't stand then i will start to worry and depressed
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.
#17EoinPosted 9/27/2013 9:39:13 AM(edited)
What's strange is that the excuse given is the slot-loading drive - however, most PS3 models, all Wii models, the Wii U and the PS4 all have slot-loading drives, and all can stand vertically. I suspect it could be heat-related and that Microsoft just don't want to say that. I also expect that it would indeed work vertically in the vast majority of situations, and Microsoft are being extremely cautious.

Alexanaxela posted...

He's right though. There's horizontal-orientation design cues all over the hardware and the marketing. There's the fact that Microsoft have never shown it standing vertically, the vents, the aspect ratio (Microsoft have said that it's specifically designed to include 16:9 aspect ratios, and in living rooms that typically means a horizontally-oriented device. The Xbox One and Kinect are designed to match, and Kinect is very clearly a horizontal device. Even the logo is wrong when the console is vertical.

CyberneticRat posted...
Does this mean the PS4 can't stand on its side as well since you know... it's like a parallelogram or something?

The PS4 can stand vertically, although whenever Sony have shown it this way, it's had a vertical stand, which is a separate purchase. It'll probably be like the PS2 and stay vertical perfectly well without the stand though.
#18sexbone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 10:05:37 AM
really
i think its better this way instead of redesign or rise the price just for to be able to stand
standless console is good when it could maximize the hardware inside it
---
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, always connected, always watching, doesn't do any 180.voice command : sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.