Which console will lose the most software sales due to the Steam Box?

#1blunderminePosted 9/27/2013 7:15:37 AM
Which console will suffer the most from the Steam Box? - Results (233 votes)
PS4
16.31% (38 votes)
XB1
69.53% (162 votes)
Wii U
14.16% (33 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It's a well known fact that video game hardware exists for only one reason - to sell software. Given that a lot of people have multiple consoles, and a lot of software is available on multiple platforms, it becomes a battle to see who can earn the sales of these games.

So, which current console will have the biggest impact on their software sales due to the Steam Box?
#2Ch3wyPosted 9/27/2013 7:19:36 AM
All of them.

If they can sell them at as good of a price/performance ratio as consoles, which Valve is definitely capable of, the Steam Machine is going to take over the console market.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3scoobydoobydontPosted 9/27/2013 7:29:56 AM
None.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#4YeomanlyPosted 9/27/2013 7:36:38 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
None.

Agree

No games announced for Steam box/OS, current games won't work unless streamed from a PC.

I see no competition at all to current consoles.
#5Ch3wyPosted 9/27/2013 7:39:27 AM
Yeomanly posted...
None.

Agree

No games announced for Steam box/OS, current games won't work unless streamed from a PC.

There are hundreds of games that will work on it already.

Gaming on Linux has been growing and growing, and this OS is just the push it needs to make games on Linux as common as games on Windows.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#6YeomanlyPosted 9/27/2013 7:41:35 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Yeomanly posted...
None.

Agree

Gaming on Linux has been growing and growing, and this OS is just the push it needs to make games on Linux as common as games on Windows.

I'm not doubting there are hundreds of games that run on it, there are thousands of games on android, how many of the AAA games I have bought in last 12 months will work on it without a PC stream?
#7Ch3wyPosted 9/27/2013 7:45:42 AM
Yeomanly posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Yeomanly posted...
None.

Agree

I'm not doubting there are hundreds of games that run on it, there are thousands of games on android, how many of the AAA games I have bought in last 12 months will work on it without a PC stream?

Probably not much at the moment, most AAA games supported aren't all that new, but they've explicitly said that they're working with AAA devs to make ports.
---
#8WM_PMCPosted 9/27/2013 8:04:13 AM
X1 shares more of its library with PC than PS4 or Wii U, so the X1 will suffer most.
---
PSN: WingNut125
KiP Info: www.kipclan.info; KiP forum: www.kipclan.com
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/27/2013 8:10:07 AM
None.

the loss of even one sale would count. it's not losing to steam box just losses caused by steam box. or at least that's what I assume the poll is about going by TC's diction
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10twiztidfreak6t9Posted 9/27/2013 8:25:25 AM
When are you guys going to realize that regardless if its a fact that another system would hurt in sales, they'd still choose the Xbox one. I enjoy the Wii u, but I know that the Wii u would be the one.

Its like you all are deliberately doing polls about the failure of something, knowing that the X1 will take the fall every damn time.Grow the **** up already.....
---
AlienWare M14x R2 6111BK // Intel Core i5-3210M // 8 GB DDR3 RAM // 500GB 7200RPM Hard Drive // 2GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT 650M