The Crew's New York is Bigger Than GTA 4's Liberty City

#1zerooo0Posted 9/27/2013 10:38:28 AM
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/27/the-crews-new-york-is-bigger-than-gta-4s-liberty-city

This has me intrigued. It either means that this game is going to be HUGE, or just a few of the cities are going to be HUGE while most of them will be pretty small.

This was my least excited game announced at E3 & is one of my least excited next gen games along with CoD:Ghosts, & Driveclub. But, if the other cities are in the general size of Liberty City then this could become a buy for me if their's plenty of stuff to do.

I will be cautiously optimistic for this game now & it could be a nice substitute for NFS since IMO the quality of NFS severely went down this gen.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2axelfooley2k5Posted 9/27/2013 10:40:33 AM
but its a racing game.........................

not like it will be detailed or explorable

just drive the streets

im done .....sorry if i made racing fans mad
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#3GingaritoPosted 9/27/2013 10:57:24 AM
I got excited reading the topic title. Then i realised its The Division I like the look of not The Crew.

Racing games no thanks.
---
Currently playing -GTA V
MUFC CHAMP20NS, Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game:GOW Judgment GT: gingus christ PSN: G1ngus Pre ordered THE ONE!
#4faris_ruhiPosted 9/27/2013 11:04:15 AM
I was excited at the (paraphrase) "if you take the fastest car possible in the game, go just from the east to west coast sticking to the most direct/shortest route possible, it will take 90 minutes to do so"

I'm imagining a crazy ass last-event scenario for this game right now. I really hope the actual handling/driving in this game is fun. The concept/modes/scope they've shown so far seems great.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog by release date (almost), Current game: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Next up: Mini Ninjas
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 11:23:18 AM
faris_ruhi posted...
I was excited at the (paraphrase) "if you take the fastest car possible in the game, go just from the east to west coast sticking to the most direct/shortest route possible, it will take 90 minutes to do so"

I'm imagining a crazy ass last-event scenario for this game right now. I really hope the actual handling/driving in this game is fun. The concept/modes/scope they've shown so far seems great.

That part also has me intrigued and as someone like me who can't really maintain a say 250MPH it's going to take me forever to get across the map if I pick this game up. Reading about the potential sizes for Open World games has me really excited this new gen.

Makes you wonder how big they're going to get?
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#6Orange_ApplesPosted 9/27/2013 11:44:32 AM
You know what's bigger? going to actual New York.

I do wonder: with all of the games recreating New York and Los Angeles, how do they all compare to each other?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#7GiannyBoy0924Posted 9/27/2013 2:34:22 PM
Gingarito posted...
I got excited reading the topic title. Then i realised its The Division I like the look of not The Crew.

Racing games no thanks.

Don't worry, the Division looks to have a massive map as well. And from the looks of the E3 gameplay, some (hopefully most) buildings can be entered.
---
"People are making apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow... Too soon?"
-Ellie