I'm tired of all this 30 FPS BULL****!!!

#31elchris79Posted 9/27/2013 2:55:04 PM
Ch3wy posted...
elchris79 posted...
Dude! Breaking news!!! Because you complained they have hired 100 extra programmers to optimise the games you're talking about!!!

I wish that was true. I can't abide apologists who claim 1080 and 30 fps for an action game is fine. It isn't. It's people like this who convince the publishers that they can just make do with average crap that consumers of below average intelligence will eat up.

It's not about making average crap, if you want everything to be at 60fps the graphics simply aren't going to be as good.

This is the sort of attitude that lets developers off easy. How much more powerful is this gen than last? People like you ignore the massive leap in technology AND the ease in developing for this gen.
#32Ch3wyPosted 9/27/2013 3:01:03 PM
elchris79 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
elchris79 posted...
Dude! Breaking news!!! Because you complained they have hired 100 extra programmers to optimise the games you're talking about!!!

I wish that was true. I can't abide apologists who claim 1080 and 30 fps for an action game is fine. It isn't. It's people like this who convince the publishers that they can just make do with average crap that consumers of below average intelligence will eat up.

It's not about making average crap, if you want everything to be at 60fps the graphics simply aren't going to be as good.

This is the sort of attitude that lets developers off easy. How much more powerful is this gen than last? People like you ignore the massive leap in technology AND the ease in developing for this gen.

Enhancing the graphics will always cause the framerate to lower. Hardware hasn't gotten powerful enough to where there's tons of overhead, otherwise 60fps at 4K wouldn't be an issue.

A console developer will always need to make a choice between lowering graphics settings to increase the framerate, or keeping them up high and bringing the framerate down.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#33elchris79Posted 9/27/2013 3:02:40 PM
Ch3wy posted...
elchris79 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
elchris79 posted...

Enhancing the graphics will always cause the framerate to lower. Hardware hasn't gotten powerful enough to where there's tons of overhead, otherwise 60fps at 4K wouldn't be an issue.

A console developer will always need to make a choice between lowering graphics settings to increase the framerate, or keeping them up high and bringing the framerate down.

Apologist. Go back to last gen.
#34BloodyDove2vsPosted 9/27/2013 3:04:08 PM
EpeenWeaboo posted...
This is next gen! And everyone is stuck in the past at 30 fps! Dead Rising 3, Killzone SF, DriveClub, Watch Dogs, even Ryse had corners cut with only 900p graphics! What the hell is going on?! BF4 and Ghost are doing it right, Forza and Killer Instinct are doing it right....but everything else is crappy 30 frames a second. What the hell am I spending money on next gen for if I can play the same crap on my 360 already? Is AC4 30 or 60 fps? I bet it's 30. Pathetic.

Careful Weaboo. Truth hurts.
---
Seriously?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#35Ch3wyPosted 9/27/2013 3:05:23 PM
elchris79 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
elchris79 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
elchris79 posted...

Apologist. Go back to last gen.

I'm sure you're just trolling at this point but if you really don't believe me here then you're pretty clueless about the subject.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#36rusty12000Posted 9/27/2013 4:49:31 PM
sounds like you need to get a PC
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#37SythisTaruPosted 9/27/2013 5:05:42 PM
LOL, the human eye can only see 23.8 fps. Anything over is a risk of causing seizures!
#38SilentS89Posted 9/27/2013 5:21:28 PM
Ch3wy posted...

That is exactly why the the Technical Certification Requirements need to be updated. If devs refuse to give us an experience that reflects the enhanced capabilities of modern consoles they must be required to do so. There is no excuse, the consoles have far greater capabilities than the last gen and the games should have technical aspects that reflect this fact.

1080p 60fps isn't an unreasonable standard, it was possible last gen.

<sarcasm>Forget making visually fluid and responsive games, the Dev's art work is more important than giving consumers a good experience. Imagine how amazing the graphics could be at 10fps.</sarcasm>

I fully understand that it is a balancing act, but trading framerate for graphics isn't worth it. All graphics will become outdated but the benefits of 60fps won't.

They need to bite the bullet and make the sacrifices necessary to provide a product that reflects modern capabilities instead of taking the easy way out with their last-gen specifications.
#39SolisPosted 9/27/2013 6:35:49 PM
The power and generation of a system has nothing to do with framerates. Increasing framerates will always decrease resources available for other features. It's physically impossible to make a system where running at 30FPS instead of 60FPS won't double the available rendering time.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#40elchris79Posted 9/27/2013 6:48:43 PM
Solis posted...
The power and generation of a system has nothing to do with framerates. Increasing framerates will always decrease resources available for other features. It's physically impossible to make a system where running at 30FPS instead of 60FPS won't double the available rendering time.

That's a fair amount of talking for not actually making any post whatsoever. Are you saying it can't handle 1080p with 60fps? Are you saying 60fps would result in poor resolution?

No, you're just saying 'blah blah blah... blah blah blah'