titanfall observation?

#1OLD_MAN_GAMERPosted 9/27/2013 11:07:37 AM
ive noticed a lot of goings-back-n-forths on titanfall, and xbox one exclusivity- people are clamoring for a ps4 version- claiming there will be one, and coming up with conspiracies for the future over this XBOX game- I noticed no one that is on board for the xbox-one could give a second thought as to whether killzone ever comes to xbox. I just thought it was funny that the ps4 kids are up in titanfalls grill, and x-boxers really don't care about any ps4 games they aren't getting. i didn't look too deep in the boards- but is there any ps4 game that really tips the scale? so far im not seeing it- im buying both systems, and have little bias- but it seems that sony fans want the xbox games for the ps4.
---
One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation with a loss of 3 Karma. You should review your Moderated Messages...
#2XBOXvsPCPosted 9/27/2013 11:13:48 AM
Yes they want. Can't blame them for that though.
#3NormnStansfieldPosted 9/27/2013 11:19:30 AM
the only PS franchise I ever wanted after was God of War
---
the artist formerly known as southe03 and southe05.
Currently playing: Baldur's Gate 2; Mass Effect 1; TES: Oblivion; DKC Returns
#4Exodus_PrimePosted 9/27/2013 11:19:43 AM
Don't forget Dead Rising 3 grill :-)
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#5MrImpatient35Posted 9/27/2013 11:25:06 AM
XBOXvsPC posted...
Yes they want. Can't blame them for that though.

Quite honestly, the only PS4 game I'd want on X1 is Infamous Second Son, from what I've seen so far.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#6faris_ruhiPosted 9/27/2013 11:33:02 AM(edited)
Only seen this with titanfall because:

1) there were reports/rumors from the beginning (before the game was even revealed) that it was a timed exclusive

2) it's a third party exclusive (and not even published by MS) meaning it's not set in stone that it will remain an exclusive to the xbox

3) it actually looks decent/good fun to a good amount people (you don't get the same thing happen with ryse or DR3 as much, despite them being a 3rd party exclusive, but then again both are published by MS so that's another reason not as much discussion)

4) Most of Sony's exclusives are first party exclusives, aka exclusive that have no chance of coming over to the xbox consoles, hence you don't see as many posts asking for them, just like you don't get posts about smash bros, mario kart, zelda, or any mario game (despite being considered quality games) coming over to the ps4 or xbox one as it is just a ridiculous thought.

So yeah, the reason titanfall gets so much attention is because it's 3rd party (and not published by MS) and looks good.

The PS4 indeed doesn't have a game like that falls into those categories (at least not yet).

also just to point out:

"and have little bias- but it seems that sony fans want the xbox games for the ps4."

this seems like a silly statement. the sony fans want the xbox games for the ps4, just like the xbox fans want the sony games for the xbox one. I've seen back and forths , and interest being expressed in others exclusives from both sides.

But yes, Titanfall does seem like the most discussed exclusive, and being 3rd party (and not being MS published) just sparks that interest even more as it gives hope (not to mention the devs themselves saying ps4 version is not out of question). When there is no hope whatsoever, discussions and wants die down, and people start to ignore/stop expressing their desires.

This is why you don't see a bunch of topics about Halo coming to Playstation, or Uncharted coming to Xbox, despite both series being agreed upon (in general, aside from the hardcore fanboys) as quality franchises that they would love to have on the other system.

Sorry, I have to repeat myself over and over again, as in standard internet fashion, certain users like to ignore or seem to miss the point of posts quite often, so I try to lay out the same point in the post multiple times in order to not have to reply again.
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog by release date (almost), Current game: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Next up: Mini Ninjas
#7AkumaOutsiderPosted 9/27/2013 11:30:12 AM
Lame basis TC.
Killzone-1st party.
TitanFall-3rd party.

You honestly think EA won't have it on as many systems as possible? It will be a times exclusive. The way the ps4 is shaping to sell and the time to triangle it takes. You can bet it will be on ps4. Besides-why do MS fans clamour to this as the saviour of XBone? One game? lol it will be on PC and 360. PC is where it will truly shine.
---
~Outsider.//.GrandFated
#8OLD_MAN_GAMER(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 1:20:37 PM
AkumaOutsider posted...
Lame basis TC.
Killzone-1st party.
TitanFall-3rd party.

You honestly think EA won't have it on as many systems as possible? It will be a times exclusive. The way the ps4 is shaping to sell and the time to triangle it takes. You can bet it will be on ps4. Besides-why do MS fans clamour to this as the saviour of XBone? One game? lol it will be on PC and 360. PC is where it will truly shine.

I don't disagree with your opinion- but honestly- if it was about money- why not have it ready for everyone on all fronts from the gate? why miss out on possible PS3 version sales as well?

1st party/3rd party, 5th party, house party- whatever party you are going to- is there any game that on its own can sell a system? final fantasy, tekken, mass effect series, kingdom-hearts, metal gear all jumped ship after years of brand loyalty- why bother waiting at all?

another observation I made was that cod ghost is the top spot topic on the xbox board- its last on the ps4 board? are FPS style games what Microsoft put most stock into? gears/halo/titanfall- what on xbox compares to the "last of us" type games?
---
One of your posted messages has been deleted by a moderator for a Terms of Use Violation with a loss of 3 Karma. You should review your Moderated Messages...
#9Skynet82997Posted 9/27/2013 1:24:44 PM
I don't care - but that's because I'm getting a PS4 too. Not right away, but a year or so down the road.

So, I can play Killzone if I want to. That said - I prefer Titanfall - definitely like the mechs and other things that take it beyond the typical FPS point and shoot.

Killzone is more of the same.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#10chrisromans123Posted 9/27/2013 1:27:55 PM
OLD_MAN_GAMER posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
Lame basis TC.
Killzone-1st party.
TitanFall-3rd party.

I don't disagree with your opinion- but honestly- if it was about money- why not have it ready for everyone on all fronts from the gate? why miss out on possible PS3 version sales as well?

1st party/3rd party, 5th party, house party- whatever party you are going to- is there any game that on its own can sell a system? final fantasy, tekken, mass effect series, kingdom-hearts, metal gear all jumped ship after years of brand loyalty- why bother waiting at all?

another observation I made was that cod ghost is the top spot topic on the xbox board- its last on the ps4 board? are FPS style games what Microsoft put most stock into? gears/halo/titanfall- what on xbox compares to the "last of us" type games?

EA probably thought X1 would be supported more than the ps4 also MS more than likely threw money at them for titanfall so why not take that money then later down the rode get more when you release it on another console?

The big reason I can see titanfall on PS4 is becasue EA wants a game that can go up against COD and maybe beat it. Well Titanfall is their best bet, but unless they put it on ps4 they will never get there.
---
XDAO Romans