Lossless audio in next gen

#31shawntew9935Posted 9/28/2013 8:16:14 AM
I have an onkyo tx nr727 running definitive techs on the front with the 4 surrounds and sub being polks. I sure hope it supports 7.1 lossless. At the very least for bluray playback.
---
GT SuaveCorpsey
#32Juvart24Posted 9/28/2013 8:17:58 AM
lilj812 posted...
I use tv speakers..

---
"A true hero turns into a werewolf, kills a village full of idiots, then pimps their women out for profit to buy new armor" - Exar0s
#33GalvatronType_RPosted 9/28/2013 9:36:08 AM
Uncompressed PCM = Dolby TrueHD/dts HD Master Audio.

The only difference is that PCM takes up more disk space while the next gen audio codecs are compressed and decoded to give full uncompressed sound.

Think of if you send a Word/Excel file. You can zip it or send the file raw, it makes no difference because once unzipped, the file is the exact same as the raw file, it just takes up less space.
#34Spillboy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2013 12:02:28 PM
AdmiralBison posted...
I use an 11.4 surround sound home theatre. Both front height and front wide set up with 4 powered subwoofers
2 x receivers
Onkyo tx-nr5010
Pioneer VSX-1020
PSB alpha b1 satellite speakers and towers speakers
Using an MGE ups system.

I've made a thread about next gen sound capabilities in the PS4 forum but just as we'll not much is really discussed about it if it will support lossless, Dobly true HD, Atmos, DT Neo x and such though I expect the PS4 will come out with better audio and sound support then the XboxOne.

TC, I advise going to AVSforums. They have recently started reviewing games and put a lot of focus on the sound/audio side go gaming since it is a website dedicated to Audio and Video tech.

Sounds like a great setup! Why 2 receivers though? One for a second zone?

I do go to the AVS forums and bluray.com also has good forums and great reviews. I actually posted pics of my setup on it to. I will attach a link later if I can find it (using my phone now).
#35AdmiralBisonPosted 9/29/2013 6:56:32 AM
Spillboy posted...
AdmiralBison posted...
I use an 11.4 surround sound home theatre. Both front height and front wide set up with 4 powered subwoofers
2 x receivers
Onkyo tx-nr5010
Pioneer VSX-1020
PSB alpha b1 satellite speakers and towers speakers
Using an MGE ups system.

I've made a thread about next gen sound capabilities in the PS4 forum but just as we'll not much is really discussed about it if it will support lossless, Dobly true HD, Atmos, DT Neo x and such though I expect the PS4 will come out with better audio and sound support then the XboxOne.

TC, I advise going to AVSforums. They have recently started reviewing games and put a lot of focus on the sound/audio side go gaming since it is a website dedicated to Audio and Video tech.

Sounds like a great setup! Why 2 receivers though? One for a second zone?

I do go to the AVS forums and bluray.com also has good forums and great reviews. I actually posted pics of my setup on it to. I will attach a link later if I can find it (using my phone now).

The pioneer was my original reciever then I upgraded to an Onkyo 9.2 and I use the pioneer as a pre amp for the extra speakers and yeah 2-3 zone set up can work.

I will upload my set up pics on AVSforums and here as I'm also a home theatre enthusiast.

Yeah gaming needs to be done with great aural sounds to go a long with these big 4k screens now.
---
If delusions and Illusions are an en-escapable part of our entire lives, why not just pick a positive one?
#36Spillboy(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 9:24:14 AM
My motto on my Xbox profile is "Aural pleasure".