Haters gonna hate. Killer Instinct will be fine

#21mike468Posted 9/27/2013 2:26:19 PM(edited)
I played it already and it is shaping up to be amazing. Content aside it really is a AAA fighting game, on par with the current top fighters.

People who are ******** about it really need to play it.

ILikesCheese posted...
I don't get all this Killer Instinct adoration.

It is yet ANOTHER 2D fighter that will play just like every other 2D fighter and their multitude of Type A Versions and Hyper Versions and Super Duper Punch-Kick-Yay Versions of the last 20 years or so.

When we start seeing more 3D fighters, maybe something like Tekken X Street Fighter, THEN I'll be interested in the fighting genre again. Until then, it is just the same old, same old twitch button press memorizations and counters as it has always been.

Yawn.

A more limited roster, means a more diverse roster. All the characters so far have been quite different from each other and believe me those differences will factor into the gameplay.

Its really hard to tell the nuisances from watching videos where the developers are actually playing the game and have a better understanding of the games mechanics. They make it look easy at this point. The subtleties are apparent when you play the game.
---
gamertag: Kabal31082
#22DoukouPosted 9/27/2013 2:24:19 PM
My only problem is the amount of characters
I know quality>quantity but still
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#23elchris79Posted 9/27/2013 2:24:30 PM
mike468 posted...
I played it already and it is shaping up to be amazing. Content aside it really is a AAA fighting game, on par with the current top fighters.

So you played an early alpha or beta, something only fanboys do, and you think it looks good... Colour me surprised.
#24mike468Posted 9/27/2013 2:48:47 PM(edited)
elchris79 posted...
mike468 posted...

I played the last build, with Jago, Saberwolf, Galcias and Thunder.

So you played an early alpha or beta, something only fanboys do, and you think it looks good... Colour me surprised.

Its more than graphics. The gameplay is solid. Its a good blends of what KI is (fast paced gameplay, high combo count and combo breakers) mixed with modern fighting game mechanics.

Sure it does have elements from Street Fighter and other fighters mixed in, but its feels like the older KI with more open gameplay.

Combos go: open->auto-double/manual->linker/shadow linker->auto-double/manual->ender

Unlike the older games though you can mix in more (auto-double/manual->linker/shadow linker) before ending the combo. If you don't use an ender, you don't cash in on the damage and your opponent can actually regenerate that health lost from the combo. Also your not limited in terms of input strength. In the older KI games if you did a heavy linker you had to follow up with a mid auto-double, now you don't, you can use any input strength. Shadow moves are unblockable/unbreakable and in order to do combo breakers you need to hit corresponding punch + kick (ie to break a heavy attack in a combo you need to hit both HP +HK)

They added an Instinct mode/meter that gives each character unique abilities for a short period of time:

-Jago - regenerates health
-Saberwolf - does more damage
-Thunder gains an invulnerable dash
-glacius - gains armor

Characters have 3-4 special moves each and special moves/linker also have variations depending on the input strength you use (just like SF).

As far as the graphics go, the game is darker that it looks in videos, more akin to Mortal Kombat than Street Fighter. Also apparently in the most recent build the font that everyone was complaining about being too much like SF has been changed. Backgrounds are insanely detailed, more than anything I've seen current gen.

None of the videos for the game have been filmed at 60 fps to match the game. The videos doesn't do the game justice, it easily feels like the game is running 2x faster than any of the videos have shown.
---
#25rusty12000Posted 9/27/2013 3:13:34 PM
Its not even being made by Rare.... Ya its going to be trash...
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#26ExempliGratiaPosted 9/27/2013 3:17:34 PM
Lefty128k posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
Lefty128k posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
Jago vs Jago
Jago vs Jago
Jago vs Jago
Jago vs Jago
Jago vs Jago

Enjoy your Jago

Also, it's not going to be F2P, it's P2W.

unless they make Jago Top Tier, then it becomes Waste2Time.

During an interview I saw, a dev said that Jago will be free, but you can fight against anyone online. Someone buys Glacius? Then it'll be Jago vs. Glacius. You obviously didn't know that did you?

And you would still only have Jago.

Wow so if you didn't pay for the game you will only have Jago? Thanks for reiterating that for us. *sarcasm*

I'm sure your constant Jago vs Jago fights will be truly satisfying.
*sarcasm*

What if I play the game and don't use Jago how will it be a Jago vs Jago fight?
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#27squarex8264Posted 9/27/2013 3:29:01 PM
ExampliaGratia posted...

What if I play the game and don't use Jago how will it be a Jago vs Jago fight?

*Logic explosion*
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#28mike468Posted 9/27/2013 3:33:13 PM
The reason Jago is being included as the free character is because he is the "balanced" character archtype for the game and therefore would be the easiest for new comers to get into it.

Sure this is a hardcore fighting game, but the developers want to attract in new players as well. it wouldn't make sense for them to include a really technical character or a character that leans on certain advantages.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#29UltraWolfPosted 9/27/2013 3:47:54 PM
shotyme posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Virtually no one even cared about KI as a franchise before all the next-gen talk this year. There wasn't any big talk about it, no one was doing any petitions, no drive to get the franchise remade.

Now that's it's an XBone exclusive it's somehow the second coming.

How wrong you are. Alot of people including have been waitiing for a followup. Honestly I wish it was on a sony console as I preder their pad for fighters but so be it. Reason to get a X1 for me.

At least Mad Catz has already come out and said they will have an X1 Tournament Edition Arcade stick available :)
---
~Hold No Allegiance, Carry No Debts, Live With Honor
PSN/XBL - Wolfscream, 3DS FC: 2836 0193 4829