Concerning Xbox One, has microsoft earned your forgiveness?

#61LordcrabfoodPosted 9/27/2013 7:43:44 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
The only thing MS is guilty of was trying to sell the inevitable future of console gaming to the masses before the masses were ready for it. They weren't trying to "screw" gamers at all. The simple fact is, consumers on the whole are really dumb and once the opinions started flying, it spread like wildfire. Gamers especially are super susceptible to popular opinion, and are very quick to regurgitate anything they read online. Couple that with the popularity of internet message boards and social media, and you end up where we are now.

Were their initial policies strict? Sure, but likely a necessary step for a pure digital future. What they weren't, though, was "draconian". That was just a buzz word that half the people who were tossing it around didn't even know existed until they read it on a forum and started spamming it like a kindergartner who just learned a new vocabulary word. MS was likely just doing the what they could at the time to bring their vision of the future to the masses. Yes they fumbled in their message, that much is clear, but the crux of the problem is that they overestimated the willingness of the gaming populace to embrace the concepts.

Microsoft weren't, and are not, out to ruin gaming. They are not trying to **** you, the gamer. They are simply trying to market their latest offering to a larger demographic than you, the so called "hard core" gamer.

Their "180s" are not in place to appease you. They are not an apology. They are not due any forgiveness. They are a corporation, not a person, and they are simply looking to grab back some of the market share they lost to miscommunication and the resultant witch hunt it started.

But, whatever. Continue the hatred and animosity of the large faceless corporation and the toy they are trying to sell if it makes you feel better. Many of us are able to look beyond that and see that corporate allegiances and petty console wars do nothing but limit your gaming options. It's fine if you don't want the product. It's fine if you don't agree with the manufacturer's vision, but to go on an online crusade to deter other gamers from purchasing the product especially on a message board dedicated to that product, only makes you look like an ass. People will buy what they want to buy. Deal with it.

I could not agree more, the digital future that MS tried to implement will happen at some stage, so people had better prepare themselves for that inevitable eventuality. MS is a business like any other. There is no good guy and bad guy when it comes to sony and ms. If a company introduces something that you are not happy with, then do not buy the product, it is very simple really. Some gamers however feel that a holy crusade must be launched against a company that dares to attempt the implementation of what they consider to be, anti-consumer practises. The only thing MS is guilty of is failing to explain what they were intending to do in a more coherent manner. There is no apology needed, MS was upfront with their intentions. It is the self-entitlement of the obstreperous consumer base that is at fault here.
#62KevinCCPosted 9/27/2013 8:03:13 PM
The real burn is that they thought of those ideas as good things. Backpedaling means they're much harder to trust now, even if they've complied with gamers' wishes and removed most of the deal-cancelling oddities they were putting in. Xbox 180, indeed.
---
Kissed-by-fire Emblem: You know nothing, Prince Chrom.
#63NorloutPosted 9/27/2013 8:07:27 PM
I will not buy the xbone and i do not trust Microsoft (when it comes to consoles).
However, if they get a sequel to Alan Wake or Alice: The Madness Returns. And it is an xbone exclusive. I would buy that console day one.
Other than those two games. No game could make me want to buy the xbone. Maybe if the new Fable...No...Not even the new Fable...Or Maybe i dunno.
#64adonfrazPosted 9/27/2013 8:14:09 PM
lol no

MS doesn't owe me anything but they've lost my business. The original Xbox and 360 provided me with a great gaming experience, but over the past couple of years the 360 quit getting good exclusives and Sony stepped up.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst
PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst 3DS FC: (Loyal) 0533-4535-6191
#65odcrl001Posted 9/27/2013 9:19:50 PM
NEVER and I mean EVER again
#66bigartePosted 9/27/2013 9:21:05 PM
No, I haven't forgiven them. I had a bought retail box Xbox360. It had not been modified in any way. I soon was advised that, according to them, my Xbox was modified and was banned from online use. I challenged them and asked for their evidence, but they just said "too bad, so sad". Like it or lump it. So I went and bought a PS3 and have never looked back since.

Microsoft will never convince me to buy another Console from them. Too bad, so sad Microsoft.
#67demesjos2Posted 9/27/2013 9:40:00 PM
Drop the Kinect and if they have a couple of exclusives that interest me I may purchase one in the future. As it stands right now though I hope the One tanks and that new executive gets his way and the Xbox division is sold to anyone but Apple. I would like a company that can deliver a product without attempting to screw the customer the way Microsoft wanted to do.
---
Currently playing - SMT IV, Suikoden V, waiting on Tales of Xilia to arrive at my door
#68ChargrilledPosted 9/27/2013 9:43:31 PM
as far as im concerned they didnt need forgiveness to start with
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#69jrb363Posted 9/27/2013 10:16:59 PM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Nope.
They have a long way to go.
Just like Sony from 2006.
We'll see if they can pull it off.

---
Mod: Preaching about black people's values, or lack thereof, is not going to win you any awards around here.
Me: lol
#70Geshwinne Darksoul IPosted 9/27/2013 10:37:26 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
The big faceless corporation never wronged me in the first place. They manufacture stuff. Either I buy it or I don't. There is no reason to "forgive".

This is The Only Right Answer, I Would Only Change Reason To "Need"
---
Wanna know what happened to Anthony Carmine?? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=938611&topic=46007435