Xbone can't handle 150k triangle count per character, WOW

#11Ramsus082Posted 9/27/2013 4:38:32 PM(edited)
This doesn't make too much of a difference in the end result, I'm not sure if you gave me 900p and told me it was 1080p that I'd call "Bull ****", but this game was massively hyped on it's graphics and specifically it's polygon count. It's kind of an issue that they downgraded it so much already. They bit off more than they could chew with the hardware, and their expertise with it at the moment.

Anyway, it's more accurate to say "Xbone can't handle 15k triangle count per character, now", since it's just a launch title, and those have never been a good indicator of what a console is capable of later down the road, when we actually have good games to play and talk about.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#12AlexanaxelaPosted 9/27/2013 4:41:06 PM
preorder = cancelled
---
There's no way I can pay you back, but my plan is to show you that i understand.
You are appreciated.
#13FusionCPosted 9/27/2013 4:42:15 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
This doesn't make too much of a difference in the end result, I'm not sure if you gave me 900p and told me it was 1080p that I'd call "Bull ****", but this game was massively hyped on it's graphics and specifically it's polygon count. It's kind of an issue that they downgraded it so much already. They bit off more than they could chew with the hardware, and their expertise with it at the moment.

Anyway, it's more accurate to say "Xbone can't handle 15k triangle count per character, now", since it's just a launch title, and those have never been a good indicator of what a console is capable of later down the road, when we actually have good games to play and talk about.

This is a good point. Launch titles are never a good example of graphics for a generation. I remember playing NFS;MW on 360 at launch and it blew me away..but comparing it to Forza 4 or even Horizon is night and day. Plus there are sources saying that MS is still changing up the drivers. Once they are squared away it will make a difference.
---
For the Horde!!!!
#14Ramsus082Posted 9/27/2013 4:48:00 PM
I'm usually going to be the last person on earth to make excuses for XboxOne's graphics hardware, but compare Kameo to, say....Halo 4. It's crazy how much more competent devs got at maximizing game performance over the generation. This time around, the console is so much more similar to a PC's architecture that we'll probably be seeing gains much more quickly than we've been used to.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#15EastCoastKodyPosted 9/27/2013 4:50:04 PM
yet somehow......Ryse manages to look graphically more impressive than any PS4 game?
#16Dev0311(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 4:54:06 PM
squarex8264 posted...
From the twitter, you failed to post:

#Ryse Hero Marius 85k polys? It was choice: 150k polys w LODs vs 85K + better shading + no LODs (stable). The latter wo at better quality!

Maybe they should've let 'the Cloud' compute those triangles instead of downgrading.
#17Reflex-ArcPosted 9/27/2013 4:55:28 PM
Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow. Unbelievable.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#18SunDevil77Posted 9/27/2013 4:56:06 PM
Yeah, Call of Duty 2 was the peak of the 360's graphical power!!
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#1995_EclipsePosted 9/27/2013 5:00:20 PM
Dev0311 posted...
squarex8264 posted...
From the twitter, you failed to post:

#Ryse Hero Marius 85k polys? It was choice: 150k polys w LODs vs 85K + better shading + no LODs (stable). The latter wo at better quality!

Maybe they should've let 'the Cloud' compute those triangles instead of downgrading.

Lol o.o
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#2003251Posted 9/27/2013 5:05:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]