Watch Dogs on Xbox One resolution "TBD", framerate "suffers a few dips"

#61blax34dmPosted 9/28/2013 10:40:56 AM
To those who mock ps4 and xone hardware as pathetic compared to PC and assume their graphics will pale in comparison, for a new top tier system then yes. But I will say that i fear my 3570k and 7950 are going to be challenged by the new systems. You have to research how a pc differs from a console in terms of load before you jump to conclusions.
#62SoulTrapperPosted 9/28/2013 10:47:17 AM(edited)
Sin_Angelus_ posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
Yeah, no.

These aren't "just" unnamed devs:

http://www.psu.com/a020882/

Adrian Chmielarz, who was involved with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm and Gears of War Judgement, made the remarks on Twitter

So multiple devs, both named and anonymous acknowledge this.

I think you'd have to be wearing some serious eye-patches to not see that there is truth to these comments.

Not multiple devs, one. One named dev saying the PS4 is faster versus two saying that it will be a very small, insignificant difference. Like I said, not enough to go on at this point.

One named and a lot of anonymous devs, it's not because they're anonymous that they don't count.

And here are some more named devs saying the GPU is 40% more powerful, though that is a bit less now that the xbox has a had a boost:

http://www.gamechup.com/war-thunder-dev-ps4-gpu-is-40-more-powerful-than-xbox-one-gpu/

The anonymous guys aren't going to come and speak against one of the consoles that's going to provide them with money.

So now it's 2 named vs 2 named and a few dozen unnamed ones.
I have yet to see an anonymous dev (or a named one for that) say the ps4 is worse or the xbox is more powerful.

There's a reason we're seeing a lot of the reports saying the xbox isn't as powerful and none saying the ps4 isn't, it's because it's true.
And this really isn't news, anyone that's looked at the specs knows this.

Microsoft themselves aren't even denying it, they're just claiming the difference isn't as big as the raw numbers show it to be.
Which means they're acknowledging that there is a difference.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#63_DevilBob_Posted 9/28/2013 11:54:32 AM
LOL! What happened to all the topics of fanboys saying the X1 version was going to be the "definitive version" because of all the extra A.I. being computed by......TEH CLOUDZ?!?!?

MS....what a joke....
---
That silence you hear is the sound of my eyes rolling.
#64BigPimpyPosted 9/28/2013 1:03:05 PM
Dang, you guys talk about the same sh** every day on this board. No matter what topic it always turns into how powerful your PS4 is. I think S.O.N.Y. for you guys stands for Same Old News Yet again. Go back to your boards and figure out what your gonna say when the systems are released and your almighty PS4 looks the same as the POS Xbox One.
#65gobuffalo30Posted 9/28/2013 3:08:36 PM
BigPimpy posted...
Dang, you guys talk about the same sh** every day on this board. No matter what topic it always turns into how powerful your PS4 is. I think S.O.N.Y. for you guys stands for Same Old News Yet again. Go back to your boards and figure out what your gonna say when the systems are released and your almighty PS4 looks the same as the POS Xbox One.

The same can be said about the X1 supporters, it's the same pr crap and idiotic statements that have to constantly be corrected. If I didn't know what I know now, I would be absolutely confused on the facts from their X1 BS.

But there is a solution, you don't like what someone says you can ignore it. It's a simple concept that people don't get on this board.
#66BigPimpyPosted 9/28/2013 4:14:49 PM
gobuffalo30 posted...
BigPimpy posted...

The same can be said about the X1 supporters, it's the same pr crap and idiotic statements that have to constantly be corrected. If I didn't know what I know now, I would be absolutely confused on the facts from their X1 BS.

But there is a solution, you don't like what someone says you can ignore it. It's a simple concept that people don't get on this board.

No, what we don't get is why if you don't like something and won't be buying it, why the hell are you here. The answer is Trolling. You guys have decided you like the PS4 which is fine, but are so insecure about your purchase you have to go to the Xbox One board and post BS topics and make dumb statements. Like I said before go to your PS4 board with the rest of your trolls and figure how you are going to spin it when you realize your Powerful PS4 has few games, and the ones you have dont look any better in quality than the xbox one games.
11/22/13 i will be waiting to here from you.
#67Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/28/2013 10:21:04 PM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Microsoft themselves aren't even denying it, they're just claiming the difference isn't as big as the raw numbers show it to be.
Which means they're acknowledging that there is a difference.

Of course there is, but like every other console generation, it will eventually amount to diddly squat. Every time we hear this "40% more powerful GPU" there's always a caveat (like in the article you posted above) saying something like "...but the memory write is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what you’re doing” or "Xbox One does, however, boast superior performance to PS4 in other ways" like in the Edge article. Then you have other devs talking up the cloud advantage:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56771/titanfall-watch-dogs-developers-discuss-xbox-ones-cloud-computing-advantage/

... and the previously mentioned devs saying the consoles are about even. All this leads me to believe what I've been saying from the start- PS4 will do some things better, X1 will do other things better, and in the end they'll be about even, just like the last 2 console generations. It's really nothing to get all fussy over or to keep making redundant topics about.
#68aiyobroPosted 9/28/2013 10:37:22 PM
blax34dm posted...
To those who mock ps4 and xone hardware as pathetic compared to PC and assume their graphics will pale in comparison, for a new top tier system then yes. But I will say that i fear my 3570k and 7950 are going to be challenged by the new systems. You have to research how a pc differs from a console in terms of load before you jump to conclusions.

i5 is miles ahead of Bulldozer. AMD specs don't mean crap lol
#69SoulTrapperPosted 9/29/2013 12:27:27 AM
Sin_Angelus_ posted...

Of course there is, but like every other console generation, it will eventually amount to diddly squat.

For multiplatform games, it probably won't make much difference, but there will be difference. Just look at current gen xbox and ps3 multiplats.
It will make a difference for exclusives.

Every time we hear this "40% more powerful GPU" there's always a caveat (like in the article you posted above) saying something like "...but the memory write is bigger on Xbox One so it depends on what you’re doing” or "Xbox One does, however, boast superior performance to PS4 in other ways" like in the Edge article.

The "it depends on what you're doing" thing refers to the fact that the eSRAM is better at performing small tasks (useful for apps) the ps4 architecture is simply better for gaming.

Then you have other devs talking up the cloud advantage:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56771/titanfall-watch-dogs-developers-discuss-xbox-ones-cloud-computing-advantage/

... and the previously mentioned devs saying the consoles are about even. All this leads me to believe what I've been saying from the start- PS4 will do some things better, X1 will do other things better, and in the end they'll be about even, just like the last 2 console generations. It's really nothing to get all fussy over or to keep making redundant topics about.

The xbox will be great for running apps and flash games, the ps4 is better at running video games.
I don't know why you're buying a console, but I would buy one for playing video games.

Just to make it clear, I'm not getting either console at this point, but it's just really obvious that the ps4 offers better hardware at a lower price.

As pointed out in the article in the first post, the ps4 version will be 1080p, the xbox version is yet to be determined.
This shows what those anonymous devs have been saying: the xbox is a lot harder to develop for.
Which means that the xbox version will most likely get the inferior version next gen, just as ps3 got them this gen.

The differences might be small, but they might be quite large as well, depending on the developer.
And we all know devs rather spend a little less and release an inferior version than spend more and release an equal version.

Overall, you're spending more money for lesser hardware and most likely inferior multiplat games.
I don't see any way this could possibly be a good thing.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#70Sin_Angelus_Posted 9/29/2013 10:31:50 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
The "it depends on what you're doing" thing refers to the fact that the eSRAM is better at performing small tasks (useful for apps) the ps4 architecture is simply better for gaming.

I like how you're making it sound like performing a lot of small tasks faster is only useful for apps, doesn't sound biased at all. Anyway, even if we ignore that (which game developers are bringing up mind you, not app developers) X1 still does other things better:

From the Edge article:

"Xbox One does, however, boast superior performance to PS4 in other ways. “Let’s say you are using procedural generation or raytracing via parametric surfaces – that is, using a lot of memory writes and not much texturing or ALU – Xbox One will be likely be faster,” said one developer."

From the OXM article:

"All of Titanfall's AI and physics calculations occur in the cloud, and matchmaking has also been enhanced. "It's not peer-to-peer any more. We just wiped that away. In the past, when you were playing multiplayer games, you had to make sure the party leader had an open NAT. It was just this big hassle."

With online becoming more and more important, even for games that are technically single-player but have multi-player aspects like Watchdogs and Dark Souls, X1 holds a huge advantage with the cloud and Azure, dare I say more significant than the power advantage the PS4 has. That's one of the reasons I think things will balance out in the end.

SoulTrapper posted...
Overall, you're spending more money for lesser hardware and most likely inferior multiplat games.

Not really. Plenty of developers mentioning a small/minimal difference between the 2 or mentioning the X1's advantages in other areas leads me to believe it will be a wash, like the 2 console generations before this one. As far as price goes, you're actually spending $100 more for:

- Kinect (voice controls, game functionality)
- Free game
- Better controller
- Better online
- Achievements and Gold Rewards program
- Party Scout feature (searches matchmaking while you do other stuff simultaneously)
- Accessing digital games and having Kinect recognize you on any console
- A better reputation system
- HDMI passthrough
- Skype while you play
- NFL deal and fantasy football
- Azure features
- Unlimited cloud storage
- Better launch titles and other X1 exclusives
- Ability to put game in standby mode and switch to another game/TV, Snap
- Smartglass functionality with any phone/tablet

And even if you disagree some of those things are better on X1, they're still perfectly plausible reasons someone would choose it over PS4. Stop acting like a speed advantage is everything, which some developers say is minimal at that.